Chops/Porotfino's reservations on line!?

debt

I just made my daily visit to the RCL website and noticed they now have an option to make reservations for Chops and or Portofino's on the website. It's in the same place where you'd reserve shore excursions. As my trip is still 6 months out, I wasn't able to make a reservation. Can someone who's closer to their sail date check out the site and see if this feature really works?

Just tried no luck I am sailing Aug 31 2008 but here is there q&a on this

See when you can start making your online Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Specialty Restaurants can be reserved online up to 10 days before your sail date. For example, if you are sailing on August 15, 2008, you can make reservations until August 4, 2008. If you're sailing in less than 10 days, you will need to make your reservations onboard.

If you require technical assistance with your Specialty Restaurant reservation, please call (800) 398-9819 or click here for our Contact Us information.

hope it helps didn't help me much

Jeff

Yeah I'm sailing on 5/18/08 and it wouldn't let me make one. I'm glad to see they finally included this. Both cruises I've booked with them I've asked to make a reservation over the phon and go ahead and pay for it but they would not do it. So I guess the web booking is one step in the right direction.

Food & Beverage

Q: Can I make my Specialty Restaurant reservation online?

A: Yes, you can make your reservations online up to 10 days before your cruise begins by going to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/specialtyrestaurant

Actually doesn't it mean you can make it until 10 days before?

Hmm I don't know what I think about this to be honest. It seems a bit unfair on the people that don't know anything about it because there is a strong chance that the restaurants could be completly booked out, certainly for the "best" time slots anyway.

That said, I'm glad you posted this and that I saw it. I shall be making my reservations for both Chops and Portofino in just 13 days (yep, that's right - I am sailing in less than a month whoo hoo) time.

Also, does anyone have an idea what on earth the "Mystery Dinner Theater" is? Never hear of that before!!!

Hmm I don't know what I think about this to be honest. It seems a bit unfair on the people that don't know anything about it because there is a strong chance that the restaurants could be completly booked out, certainly for the "best" time slots anyway.

That said, I'm glad you posted this and that I saw it. I shall be making my reservations for both Chops and Portofino in just 13 days (yep, that's right - I am sailing in less than a month whoo hoo) time.

Also, does anyone have an idea what on earth the "Mystery Dinner Theater" is? Never hear of that before!!!

Maybe it will be like shore excursions. They could hold back spaces for those who book onboard.

I am trying to do this for our upcoming Explorer cruise. I am on the phone on hold right now with C & A since the phone number for cruise enhancements tells me they are closed:confused: . We are sailing in 15 days and want to make a ressie for Portofino for Mothers Day. The rep says she is getting different answers, but is still checking on it. Will post again when I get more info.

ETA: The C & A rep transferred me to the cruise enhancements line, which again gave me the we are currently closed line :(. So I called my TA, she is going to work on it. Hopefully we can do it before we go, one less thing to worry about when we get onboard!!

If anyone has success, let us know!

Thanks for the heads up! Could you take the link out of your post as well?? :o :o

I did the SAME thing. If Nan doesn't come back, click on the red triangle in the post and ask the mod to remove the link. I just clicked it and it is still linking your personal info.

Maybe if you sign out of the account? We won't be able to see it until the link is removed? :confused:

My TA just called back-for Explorer, it is not available until 6/25/08 sailing. So that is why I cannot book it. It is a great feature that many will use and unlike making ressies for dining in say Disney World, you have to prepay so you have to show up or lose your money.

Now if only RCI would have the feature like Celebrity where you can see if a specific cabin number is available.................

There's a schedule on the RC website for when it will become avx for all ships. It's a link in the middle of the page. We're on Freedom 5/11 but it opens 4/25 for sailings 5/25 and later. And I understand it to be that you have to book at least 10 days out or they can't do it. Just like excursions, etc.

I just spoke with RCL customer service. They say online reservations will be available starting June 11. I'll still check in there every so often just in case they move the date up

There's a schedule on the RC website for when it will become avx for all ships. It's a link in the middle of the page. We're on Freedom 5/11 but it opens 4/25 for sailings 5/25 and later. And I understand it to be that you have to book at least 10 days out or they can't do it. Just like excursions, etc.

Here's the link to the schedule.

The earliest you can book is May 13 for Brilliance and Radiance, if you're sailing on or after June 10/13 respectively.

"Unfortunately" for us we are sailing in 43 days, so we'll have to do it on board.

Here's the link to the schedule.

The earliest you can book is May 13 for Brilliance and Radiance, if you're sailing on or after June 10/13 respectively.

Than you for posting that link. I'm :o :( because we're sailing on Explorer June 28th, but apparently they're not starting the Specialty online booking for Explorer until July..

That's great - but dang! Now I have to figure out which night is formal night on an upcoming cruise. :confused:

If you're sailing Saturday May 3rd, then the first formal night/ Captains Welcome will be Sunday May 4th. Hope that helps! I dont know if you wanted to know the 'first' formal night or?? I also didnt check to see how long a sail you're on, there are probably more than just the one Formal if it is more than a 5night---) Ok, It is a 5 night sail so only one Forrmal night & it will be on Sun 5/4, the first full day at sea is always the Captains Welcome, Formal

Archived