Chops/Porotfino's reservations on line!?

debt

Thanks Diva. I can't reserve yet on Enchantment (5 nighter) but good to know for our November cruise.

I usually don't worry about which day is what or where - I figure there will be someone more than willing to tell me where :D and when to go.

But be my luck to reserve the speciality in advance on the formal night.

Figures....Explorer isn't available for bookings until the July 26th sailing.

We're on the July 17th sailing! :(

Would have been nice to get out of the way. I already know which night we want to eat at Portofino's.

There's a schedule on the RC website for when it will become avx for all ships. It's a link in the middle of the page. We're on Freedom 5/11 but it opens 4/25 for sailings 5/25 and later. And I understand it to be that you have to book at least 10 days out or they can't do it. Just like excursions, etc.

Yes, I found this and for the fun of it printed up the schedule, by ship, showing when the feature will go live. Freedom only tomorrow, then the next looks to be the Brilliance and Radiance on May 13th it will go live.

On Disney there have been advance ressies for the Palo restaurant for a couple years now, and I believe they allowed the pre-reservations to fill up 50% of the capacity then saved the rest for embarkation day on-board. That might be an equitable system for RCI to try to adopt. And sure to fire up the popcorn poppers for threads here would be if, like Disney, there was priority given for earlier access to online ressies for repeat cruisers. And DCL's castaway club did not, last time I checked, have levels, so what a real popcorn-worthy issue it would be if they started given not only priority to C&A members, but then gave, say, Diamond and D+ members and suite guests even earlier access than other C&A, or held back a certain pct. for D and D+. Mind y'all, I'm not advocated that it should be done or should not be, just trying to parallel how DCL's advance ressies system could hypothetically be adapted to RCI.

I've got a booking on Navigator, not yet on my signature, that will get me logging back on July 10th to book ressies.

Another thought on an earlier comment about fairness--this board is the biggest differentiator between those who are in the know and who get on-board and that is the first time they see what is on the ship and glance at a deck plan for the first time (and don't we all see plenty of such folks, and all ask ourselves how could they possibly not get in the know in advance?). So the first time I got on board and went straight to Portofino and Chops to make ressies while others were getting their bearings, I felt like I had an advantage already. Up to others to decide if something is unfair or not.

Glad to see the on-line ressies for a pathological planner like me.

Ship:

You may begin

pre-reserving online on:

Adventure of the Seas

(for sailings on or after

July 27, 2008)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Brilliance of the Seas

June 10, 2008)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Enchantment of the Seas

August 14, 2008)

Monday, July 14, 2008

Explorer of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

July 26, 2008)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Freedom of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

May 25, 2008

Friday, April 25, 2008

Independence of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

July 12, 2008)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jewel of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

June 27, 2008)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Liberty of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

July 12, 2008)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mariner of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

August 10, 2008

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Navigator of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

August 10, 2008)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Radiance of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

June 13, 2008)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Serenade of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

June 28, 2008)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Voyager of the Seas

(for sailing on or after

July 26, 2008)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

i'm setting out in under 2 weeks (AOS May 4) - was so excited to hear about the online reservation!! i tried to book online as well, but it wasn't working out:confused: . called my TA, who called RCI - anyone going on AOS can start booking online starting in JUNE.

i think the start to online booking varies from ship to ship. best to call RCI.

I see many of you have eaten in Portofino's or Chops. I have not and want to on my Explorer cruise which I will be on in 14 days. Can you tell me does the $20 or $25 cover charge include the tip? Or do you tip the waiters seperately? Thanks for your help.

You can also make reservations for the Mystery Theater dinner on the RCL website. They list the price as $49.50 per person, all inclusive. (Champagne, wine, dinner, dessert and coffee drinks)

I just made my daily visit to the RCL website and noticed they now have an option to make reservations for Chops and or Portofino's on the website. It's in the same place where you'd reserve shore excursions. As my trip is still 6 months out, I wasn't able to make a reservation. Can someone who's closer to their sail date check out the site and see if this feature really works?
Great new feature!

Archived