What do you bring for your balcony?

okay, we are sailing in a GS next Jan, and it will be our first balcony too! :):)

I have to ask...has anyone ever had ____ on their balcony? don't know why I want to ask, just want too..lol..cuz I know someone has I guess..:eek:

I think I can safely say that there isn't a balcony on any ship in service that hasn't been used for that purpose, certainly no balconys we've had is exempt. :D

Aubie

a nap? ;)

Oh, you mean THAT! Well, of course we did!!! :D And we will do it again too!!

yes a nap..you think I got a dirty mind?? :rolleyes: of course I do..I just want to know what I can do on MY balcony..lol..

what the binoculars are for.

LOL

I think I can safely say that there isn't a balcony on any ship in service that hasn't been used for that purpose, certainly no balconys we've had is exempt. :D

Aubie

Ok but if everyone can see, then how??? I think I am getting old cuz I know when I was a teenager it was, wherever, whenever, now I can see hubby saying, someone will see, or some other excuse..lol..:p

Too funny! Ok - I admit - I wanna know too. My SO has already stated that we are gonna - wasn't even a question. We have an aft cabin, corner one, and our best friends have the cabin next door to us (they'll probably do same thing). So - I'm thinking - nobody can really see the balcony of an aft cabin. Right?

I hear the rumor is "once you go balcony you never go back". quote]

I had a hump balcony on Voyager earlier this year and didn't find it to enhance anything. it was to windy to be outside when we were underway and when we were stopped I was in port. i have another balcony booked on the Vision because of the location and deck level which is only available in a balcony but I wouldn't book a balcony if an oceanview were mid ship and upper deck.

okay, we are sailing in a GS next Jan, and it will be our first balcony too! :):)

I have to ask...has anyone ever had ____ on their balcony? don't know why I want to ask, just want too..lol..cuz I know someone has I guess..:eek:

Does half way count? We were having a really nice time until I happened to look up and see someone down about 20 balcony's looking around with their binoculars.

We finished inside. I like to be adventurous, but not that adventurous!

I was just thinking, do you think that is why they wash down the balcony in the ports so often?:D

I was just thinking, do you think that is why they wash down the balcony in the ports so often?:D

OMGosh, that is hillarious!

First balcony in Sept. & that was my first thought as to what to do on our balcony, guess we should leave port first, huh?

That's what the hottubs are for! :cool:

Too funny! Ok - I admit - I wanna know too. My SO has already stated that we are gonna - wasn't even a question. We have an aft cabin, corner one, and our best friends have the cabin next door to us (they'll probably do same thing). So - I'm thinking - nobody can really see the balcony of an aft cabin. Right?

Depends on your ship... We were in 9706 on Freedom last year and it was pretty easy to see the people on balconies around you. (Especially below)

2934355050101198828cqbgGl_th.jpg

2712549510101198828zwHXXJ_th.jpg

Ok but if everyone can see, then how??? I think I am getting old cuz I know when I was a teenager it was, wherever, whenever, now I can see hubby saying, someone will see, or some other excuse..lol..:p

Well, I wouldn't suggest trying it at 4:30 in the afternoon pulling out of port, :eek: nor would I suggest while docked in port but there are times that are relatively safe if you are up to the challenge. Kind of adds to the excitement. Aft balcony's are preferred but any will do in a pinch so to speak. :D

Aubie

(Charter Member of the Makin Waves Club):D

Just watch out for the glass guard on the balcony. If it's at night and the light from your cabin is behind you, your next door neighbours can see everything you're doing from the reflection in the glass. :eek: :o :D At least keep those curtains pulled.

2P.P1

Oh, gosh. Now you've got me worried that our neighbors will bring music and speakers. I enjoy my balcony for the peace and quiet. Never occured to me that I might have to listen to someone else's brand of music. Never had this happen to us yet. Maybe we've been lucky! At least we'll have family on one side.... We had neighbor's cigar smoke on our Alaskan cruise. Yech.

Mind sharing those that you use? Am looking for exactly these things.

Delorme Topo USA with Lt-40 USB GPS. I got the bundle for about $100 at Amazon dot com. With the purchase you get $100 worth of free map downloads from Delorme. It already has all road and topo maps for the North America installed. I used my credit for $100 worth of sea and coastal charts. Here is a link to the Delorme site to look at the specs.

http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=28088&section=10091

We leave a week from today on ROS sailing from Ensenada across the Pacific to Hawaii. I will be checking my charts everyday. Marking our location and noting how far we are from Lahaina. Aloha.

Bill

I do have a true first time balcony story told to me first hand. It was my parents. They after over 45 years of marriage still sleep nekkid.

Their first balcony, daylight, mom has nothing on, she throws open the curtains and walks outside in nothing. They were parked right next to a ship with people out looking. She got a round of applause.

My warning pay attention if you are lessed than dressed to what is outside the balcony. And I have bragging rigths that my over 60 year old mom flashed a cruise ship. We are so proud.

Hmm, we're on Navigator - deck 8

I'm not worried about next door. And from the pics looks like unless you are upfront of your balcony at the railing - you are fairly private. Guess I'll have to look once we get there :) Thanks for the pics!

Depends on your ship... We were in 9706 on Freedom last year and it was pretty easy to see the people on balconies around you. (Especially below)

2934355050101198828cqbgGl_th.jpg

2712549510101198828zwHXXJ_th.jpg

hehehe - at least they were on a different ship and she didn't have to see them at dinner!

I do have a true first time balcony story told to me first hand. It was my parents. They after over 45 years of marriage still sleep nekkid.

Their first balcony, daylight, mom has nothing on, she throws open the curtains and walks outside in nothing. They were parked right next to a ship with people out looking. She got a round of applause.

My warning pay attention if you are lessed than dressed to what is outside the balcony. And I have bragging rigths that my over 60 year old mom flashed a cruise ship. We are so proud.

If the cameras trained on the balconies were so great, they'd know what happened to George Smith and where he went overboard...

I wouldn't worry about what the cameras see, but I do worry about what the binoculars see!

Even at 8 years old, my daughter caught on very quickly. This picture as taken on the Freedom of the Seas in March.

Square

TOO cute!!!!! She fits right in ;)

Does half way count? We were having a really nice time until I happened to look up and see someone down about 20 balcony's looking around with their binoculars.

We finished inside. I like to be adventurous, but not that adventurous!

Heck yea that counts...glad ya saw the perv watching ya..lol..

perhaps that is why they wash them?? maybe that is why so many take sanitizing wipes onboard too?? :rolleyes: LOL

OMGosh, that is hillarious!

First balcony in Sept. & that was my first thought as to what to do on our balcony, guess we should leave port first, huh?

LOL yes leave first, esp if your balcony is positioned toward the side people are embarking

Archived