What do you bring for your balcony?

That's what the hottubs are for! :cool:

now I have DONE that in the last year or so..lol..at a hotel mind you, outside in the court yard but no one knew...lol..

Depends on your ship... We were in 9706 on Freedom last year and it was pretty easy to see the people on balconies around you. (Especially below)

Our GS is on deck 10 so most people will be below us

2934355050101198828cqbgGl_th.jpg

2712549510101198828zwHXXJ_th.jpg

Well, I wouldn't suggest trying it at 4:30 in the afternoon pulling out of port, :eek: nor would I suggest while docked in port but there are times that are relatively safe if you are up to the challenge. Kind of adds to the excitement. Aft balcony's are preferred but any will do in a pinch so to speak. :D

Aubie

(Charter Member of the Makin Waves Club):D

dang, you just ruined it for me (not doing in while pulling out of port/being docked in port)..LOL..

Just watch out for the glass guard on the balcony. If it's at night and the light from your cabin is behind you, your next door neighbours can see everything you're doing from the reflection in the glass. :eek: :o :D At least keep those curtains pulled.

2P.P1

OH MMMMMMYYY!!! *note to self* close the curtains BEFORE doin the wild thang

I do have a true first time balcony story told to me first hand. It was my parents. They after over 45 years of marriage still sleep nekkid.

Their first balcony, daylight, mom has nothing on, she throws open the curtains and walks outside in nothing. They were parked right next to a ship with people out looking. She got a round of applause.

My warning pay attention if you are lessed than dressed to what is outside the balcony. And I have bragging rigths that my over 60 year old mom flashed a cruise ship. We are so proud.

THAT is sooo funny..I LOVE it though...GO MOM!!!!

This is the best thread I have read in a LONG time...I am going to ask hubby later tonight about the 'balcony' and ____ and I will let you know what he says..lol..I predict this:

Hey hubby, you wanna, you know, on our balcony when we go on our cruise next January??

hubby: we CAN'T do that, someone will see us!!!!!!!! (notice all the exclamation marks)

Well, who cares, let's do it anyway! It will be fun and exciting...

hubby: you're a nut

yea, I know, so do you wanna?

hubby: you're crazy

the end

I will let you know but it will be something like that...I will bet you a drink..lol

I suggested the same thing to my DH and he looked at me like I was crazy! We'll just see when we cruise in August. We will have to make sure that the kids and the cabin attendant do not come in!!;)

I suggested the same thing to my DH and he looked at me like I was crazy! We'll just see when we cruise in August. We will have to make sure that the kids and the cabin attendant do not come in!!;)

LOL just remember, send the kids to AO!! My kids LOVE AO and already told us not to plan on seeing them ;)

Yeah, mine thought I was crazy too. That is until we got on the ship. He was all for it then!

Have fun!

LOL YOU TOO!!!

Well I asked hubby...he said "YEA!"..lol..no hesitating, no 'you're crazy'..lol..I said, what if someone sees? he said, who cares..LOL

so if you are on the Navigator Jan 3, 2009, we will be in a GS on deck 10, so get your binoculars ready!!!! :eek::eek::cool:

sorry if this is a dumb question. we always spend our $$$ on excursions and shopping and go for the inside cabin. our next cruise will be balcony and we are curious what furniture is there. regular deck chairs or loungers? small table? :confused:

Best balcony memory...

Sharing a piece of mud pie from Chops with DH at 1-2 am gazing at the stars. It was perfect!! Quiet, peaceful and beautiful.

Being so full from dinner at chops, we took a piece of mud pie back to our cabin and stored it in the fridge. After gambling and seeing the late show, the mud pie and our balcony were waiting for us!

A balcony toy that is a must for me on every cruise is my laptop with a mapping/seacharts application. With a USB GPS attachment, it allows me to chart our progess and easily identify where we are. It's a man thing.

I've never heard of a USB GPS attachment for a laptop! Where did you find it?? Our next cruise is for my DH's 60th birthday ( Indy's first TA!) and he would LOVE something like that!

How does it work???

I have a balcony for this trip and it is an AFT!!! Hmmmm maybe I'll try something new...... and its deck 10 so no one can see from there. HEHEHE!!

Hey so if we are on deck 10, are we good to go, so to speak?..lol..:rolleyes:

we are not aft, the GS are not aft, but we are deck 10 so will no on be able to see us??

The saying that once you have had a balcony you never go back isn't always true. I've had balcony cabins and I've had ocean view cabins (never interior as I'm claustrophobic and need the window).

The only thing I think is important to bring for a balcony is binoculars. I got to see some really special things that I'd have missed without them.

We only book a balcony when we will be sailing near the coastline because there is something to see. If it's a cruise to some place we've already been to, we save $ and go ocean view. On the transatlantic we're doing in November, we have an ocean view. I can't see spending the extra cash just to see the ocean and feel the wind.

That being said, I am going on a Mah Jongg cruise with my cousin next February on Voyager and we are booking a balcony because we just feel like it. :o

We are on deck 10 aft too, but different cruise!! There should be a sign for the balcony like the ones for the door! "Do Not Disturb" LOL!

I have a balcony for this trip and it is an AFT!!! Hmmmm maybe I'll try something new...... and its deck 10 so no one can see from there. HEHEHE!!

Since this discussion already seems to be heading down (no pun intended), might as well send it straight to the gutter.

If you have an aft balcony and want to _____, does that mean you have to do it in the aft?:eek:

sorry if this is a dumb question. we always spend our $$$ on excursions and shopping and go for the inside cabin. our next cruise will be balcony and we are curious what furniture is there. regular deck chairs or loungers? small table? :confused:

It depends on the ship and the particular cabin that you book. Most have two regular (nonlounge) chairs and a tiny round table. If you book a suite you will more likely have a bigger balcony and lounge chairs.

I've never heard of a USB GPS attachment for a laptop! Where did you find it?? Our next cruise is for my DH's 60th birthday ( Indy's first TA!) and he would LOVE something like that!

How does it work???

With the mapping software installed on a laptop, you just plug the little GPS puck into a USB port on the laptop and stick the puck somewhere with a view of the sky (comes with a 6 ft. cable). The map shows your present locatation, heading, speed, distance to destination, etc. Here is a link to a version of the software and GPS puck combo that Amazon dot com offers.

http://www.amazon.com/DeLorme-Earthmate-GPS-LT-40-2009/dp/B0014A2LJ8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1209242435&sr=8-2

Bill

Since this discussion already seems to be heading down (no pun intended), might as well send it straight to the gutter.

If you have an aft balcony and want to _____, does that mean you have to do it in the aft?:eek:

LOL but we aren't 'aft'..lol..so where am I going to get it? :eek:

We are on deck 10 aft too, but different cruise!! There should be a sign for the balcony like the ones for the door! "Do Not Disturb" LOL!

Balcony threads are always about the same thing!! so here's my hilarious story again... Adventurous I'm not but I can talk my DH into to cruising with promises...so anyways we are are out there "talking" and we come back inside and our room was made up!! How long were we out there anyways???

Balcony threads are always about the same thing!! so here's my hilarious story again... Adventurous I'm not but I can talk my DH into to cruising with promises...so anyways we are are out there "talking" and we come back inside and our room was made up!! How long were we out there anyways???

OMG!! that is too funny! I would be afraid to run into my cabin steward after that.

That reminds me of an old joke from a previous cruise. You step into the bathroom, come out and the bed has been made.;) The cabin stewards are really on the ball on these ships

:eek::D LOL oh my...well at least he isn't quick draw mcgraw :p

With the mapping software installed on a laptop, you just plug the little GPS puck into a USB port on the laptop and stick the puck somewhere with a view of the sky (comes with a 6 ft. cable). The map shows your present locatation, heading, speed, distance to destination, etc. Here is a link to a version of the software and GPS puck combo that Amazon dot com offers.

http://www.amazon.com/DeLorme-Earthmate-GPS-LT-40-2009/dp/B0014A2LJ8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1209242435&sr=8-2

Bill

I took a look at the link, and it looks great! Will this work out in the middle of the ocean, or is it just in N. America? Is it difficult to use? My husband is pretty excited about it.

Thanks!

Margaret

I took a look at the link' date=' and it looks great! Will this work out in the middle of the ocean, or is it just in N. America? Is it difficult to use? My husband is pretty excited about it.

Thanks!

Margaret[/quote']

Should work just fine at sea. This is the same technolgy that the crew of your cruise ship will be using to navigate with.

Bill

Archived