A number, please. Duh!!!!

johno95

:confused: Someone has surely asked this before , so please excuse my redundancy, but...

How many formal nights are there on a ten night (HAL) cruise? All HAL officially says is that there are "approximately two per week", and they notify you the night before of tomorrow's dress code. Unbelievable.

http://hollandamerica.com/guests/category.do?category=packing&topic=dressCode

If it matters, we are going to the Caribbean. But I don't imagine it should matter.

On a 10-day cruise, you will fine 3 formal nights. You can kind of figure out which nights are formal as they are usually the days at sea, if that help you any. I thought HAL gave the breakdown in the back of their brochures?????? Am I wrong here???

Which ship are you sailing???

On a 10-day cruise, you will fine 3 formal nights. You can kind of figure out which nights are formal as they are usually the days at sea, if that help you any. I thought HAL gave the breakdown in the back of their brochures?????? Am I wrong here???

Which ship are you sailing???

we are sailing on the Volendam (12/6). we don't have a brochure. so you say "three" because it is written in the brochure? or is that just from personal experience?

thanks!!!

John

Both, actually. I could be wrong, but I do believe that its broken down in the back of the brochure. I love 10-day cruises, now I do nothing less. I have also sailed on the Volendam and loved her so much, we're sailing her again in March. So I guess you could say its from not only getting a brochure each time I sail, but personal experience as well.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you, but you will find, I am sure, the Volendam to be an absolutely spectacular ship with a superior crew.

Johno95,

Welcome to the December 6th sailing of the Volendam. I believe there are three formal nights on our sailing. The last time we were on a ten day cruise, we had three formal nights as well. This will be our first time on the Volendam, and we are really looking forward to the sailing. There are others from the CC board on this sailing as well, and we are hoping to meet. You can find us on the Roll Call board, so if you would like, come on over and say hello.

There are 3 formal and 2 informal nights on 10 day cruises.

You can call ship services or e-mail the mariner society and they can give you each night's dress code.

When you first get on the ship, there will be a daily program in your cabin which will also list the 10 days and the dress code for each night.

When you get your documents there will be a page that gives the totals of formal, informal, and casual nights. The first and last nights are always casual.

The list in your cabin (mentioned by Krazy Kruisers) will specify which night is which, but is also subject to change. Your daily program is (usually) the last word.

Archived