Water Shoes

Any women (or men!) out there have a pair of water shoes they just LOVE?? I am debating on buying a $5 at Wallyworld, or spending the extra and getting a NICE pair. . . we camp alot, so I know I would get the use out of them . . . opinions??? We are going on a jetski/snorkeling excursion, so I'll definitely want something! Thanks!!

I've been waiting for another thread like this. Pic'd below are two of the four offerings from Vibram. The shoes are a little pricey and, as you can see, they're either love or hate, but they work expertly for water activities - and a plethora of others. I have both of these models and spend most of my free time in them during the warmer months.

I'll be kickin' the red pair on my upcoming sailing.

Repsol

Blue.jpg.5c3ef105cdef6444d17763b6b686249a.jpg

Red.jpg.0eea4b69b2bf53f351760b806f319edd.jpg

I have several pairs of the cheapies so that I can keep a pair in the boat, a pair for camping & a spare pair in case someone that joins us needs a pair.

They last 2-3 years for me & along with my wetsuit are the most wonderful invention.

el tigre

Mine look like this but are pink and a different brand:

l_101283_s06_kmb_ken.jpg

Can't remember what brand they are but I got them at the mall, they were around $40 and I wear them A LOT. I wore them on all of our water excursions and didn't have to bring another pair of walking shoes b'c these were find to walk around port in as welll as climb Dunn's Falls and wear on our snorkeling boats, etc...we also camp and these are great for that too. They are in my camper right now otherwise I'd post the brand...sorry I couldn't be more help.

I've been waiting for another thread like this. Pic'd below are two of the four offerings from Vibram. The shoes are a little pricey and, as you can see, they're either love or hate, but they work expertly for water activities - and a plethora of others. I have both of these models and spend most of my free time in them during the warmer months.

Repsol

Those are different! Do your toes fit into each and every one of those thingies or does it just look that way?

I bet these look SLAMMIN with your manpris! LOL!

I have a pair of Merrells. They look like tennis shoes so I can wear socks under them when I am walking around. However, they are also water shoes too. I wear them kayaking, jetskiing, snorkeling, etc. When I go on vacations I only have to take one pair of shoes rather than two. I also wear them to work out in on the cruise.

My husband and I both have the Land's End shoes and LOVE them. Ours look like normal tennis shoes and double as such on the cruise. We wear socks with them on land excursions and then remove them for water-based excursions. The Walmart/Target ones we keep on our boat are ok, but just don't have enough arch support for us for walking longer distances and hiking waterfalls. Everyone has their own opinions, but we love the ones from Lands End! (2 weeks continuous wear in sand and no blisters yet...)

My husband and I both have the Land's End shoes and LOVE them. Ours look like normal tennis shoes and double as such on the cruise. We wear socks with them on land excursions and then remove them for water-based excursions. The Walmart/Target ones we keep on our boat are ok, but just don't have enough arch support for us for walking longer distances and hiking waterfalls. Everyone has their own opinions, but we love the ones from Lands End! (2 weeks continuous wear in sand and no blisters yet...)

I like the Lands End ones too.

Check out their "overstocks' section online - I got mine for $9.99.

I love mine too. I got mine as a Christmas present, but definitely check out the Overstocks as you can get deals on them.

I have a pair of the Keen shoes like the green ones pictured. I love these shoes, they are super comfortable, dry quickly when the get wet, and most importantly for me, hold up very well. I have cerebral palsy and drag my toes when I walk (My little nephew (3) told me I walk like a duck !!) I have had my shoes for almost a year and wear them a lot. Shoes never last that long for me. I had a similar pair from payless shoes that I wore for about a month before they no longer had toes. My keens not only have worn well, but I even wore them to climb Dunn's River falls. The only bad thing is the price. I have small feet so I can by kids for around $50 but in adult sizes they are about $80-$100.

Repsol

Have to admit, I started laughing as soon as I seen this thread. It was like, waite for it, waite for it, waite for it, tada... there they were. :D

But on a serious note, I use the cheapy brand, cause I'm basically just too cheap to pay for shoes I'll only wear a couple of times a season. I hate keeping them from one year to the next, they seem to loose their elactic & the insoles start to curl. So I buy a pair every season if I need them.

Have to admit, I started laughing as soon as I seen this thread. It was like, waite for it, waite for it, waite for it, tada... there they were. :D ...

That drew an audible from me. Methinks a reputation is being cultivated. Ha!:p

Rep

I got water shoes at Altrec that I love enough that when I am in the Caribbean I can walk from the beach into any shop downtown without feeling embarrassed.

Here's a link showing the shoes I brought last year and they are still in stock (they are one of their most popular water shoes).

http://www.altrec.com/nrs/womens-descent-water-shoe

Archived