Senor Frogs: AVOID!

adam62

One of the tourist traps in San Juan is Senor Frogs. Choose this place ONLY if you want to relive your long-gone frat days. Otherwise, it's a noisy, lousy food, overpriced cookie-cutter bar/restaurant. Go local. Or, worse comes to worse, better to get back onboard. Trouble with RC in San Juan is that you arrive at 3 PM, making it hard to do much. The fort at San Juan is well worth it. AVOID SENOR FROGS!!!

One of the tourist traps in San Juan is Senor Frogs. Choose this place ONLY if you want to relive your long-gone frat days. Otherwise, it's a noisy, lousy food, overpriced cookie-cutter bar/restaurant.

Isnt that what Senor Frogs is all about???:p :p

Yeah the fort is well worth the walk up the steep grade. Got some really nice pics there a few yrs ago. Next cruise I do gonna take 2 weeks. One week visiting Puerto Rico with my sons in laws and one to cruise. Wont have to worry about being in a rush.

I have to say that we really had fun there. It was me, my 2 sisters, and my 60 + y/o mother at the one in the Bahamas.

Then again we went for lunch and we knew the reputation of the place before we got there.

To each their own...

One of the tourist traps in San Juan is Senor Frogs. Choose this place ONLY if you want to relive your long-gone frat days. Otherwise, it's a noisy, lousy food, overpriced cookie-cutter bar/restaurant. Go local. Or, worse comes to worse, better to get back onboard. Trouble with RC in San Juan is that you arrive at 3 PM, making it hard to do much. The fort at San Juan is well worth it. AVOID SENOR FROGS!!!
WOW, this is amazing! Two posts in August of 2004, nothing for three and a half years, and today you come back and with your third post tell us to AVOID SENOR FROGS!!!

I'm thinking there has to be more to the story, care to fill us in?

For sure. One does not go there for the food.:D

They had really good chicken fingers in the Bahamas. But then again I had that drink that somebody mentioned (the one the size of a small child) so I might not remember it too well - lol.

WOW, this is amazing! Two posts in August of 2004, nothing for three and a half years, and today you come back and with your third post tell us to AVOID SENOR FROGS!!!

I'm thinking there has to be more to the story, care to fill us in?

Maybe they just found their way back out the door. :D

I was planning on going to Senor Frogs! I"ve never been, but I heard it was fun and I thought i would go because I love frogs and just can't seem to get over the idea of not going! It probably won't be the one in San Juan. At least it won't be my first experience with it. Anyone want to tell me more about this? Drinks as tall as 4th graders? I was a pretty tall 4th grader!

When we cruise we try really hard to be silly drinking tourists...so we've been to senior Frogs in San Juan, Nassau and recently the 1/2 Frog in Cozmel which there was nothing on the menu but the best Ritas so far!! Sorry you didn't like the noise but we think its fun!!

RIBBET RIBBET!!! :D :D I loved coming across this post because it just so happens that I am wearing my Senor Frogs t-shirt today! Senor Frogs was all the things that you said and those same reasons are why we had so much fun.

~Yards for everyone!~ :cool:

Isnt that what Senor Frogs is all about???:p :p

Gosh I was just thinking that! :p I'd never been in one before, but I had heard about it, and the minute you enter the place, it's pretty clear what it's all about. We thought it was an "interesting" place...just to see it. Not my style, but it was worth popping in for a snack. I had my son with me, but he's older. I wouldn't take young children in there.

When we were in San Juan we first walked to the fort and toured that and then walked back down and had some fun at Senor Frogs. We've got the picture with the silly hats and yard of margarita's to prove it! We had a really good time.

We probably won't stop there on our next cruise because I don't think it would be appropriate for the kids but for adults I say go and enjoy!

Archived