Prinsendam which rooms are noisy?

2kiwis

We are thinking of booking a long cruise on the Prinsendam. As this will be the first time with HAL and one of us is a really light sleeper we would like to hear about the rooms we should try to avoid. We have cruised before on other lines and were once driven mad in a verandah stateroom by noise and vibration coming from the exhaust vent for the ship's funnel. Can't imagine anything worse than not being able to sleep on a long journey.

Thanks

D363 (Africa Gr Tour Mar/Apr) was quite noisy with the engines at higher revs.

M

Thanks........... by the way, did you enjoy the Africa Gr Tour, we like the look of that

I was in R501 (the only single inside in the fleet) and never heard a peep. I'm willing to bet that the double cabins nearby were just as quiet.

I was on Dolphin Deck, starboard side, just aft of the forward elevator.

I was in R501 (the only single inside in the fleet) and never heard a peep. I'm willing to bet that the double cabins nearby were just as quiet.

I was on Dolphin Deck, starboard side, just aft of the forward elevator.

RuthC... I happened to notice that there are also 'Outside' single cabins (Q100 & Q101) on the Upper Prom Deck. Did you have to pay the Single Supplement for that 'Single' inside. Those two Outside single cabins don't look to bad.

Happy Sailing

Ahoy!

...and never had to be concerned about a wake up call when docking (if you get my drift). Currently we reserve Dolphin deck amidships (E's) and the noise (part of the cruise experience IMO) has been reduced considerably although you will notice vibrations when the ship is manuvering about when docking. No biggie really.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:) (another 'bilge rat')

RuthC... I happened to notice that there are also 'Outside' single cabins (Q100 & Q101) on the Upper Prom Deck. Did you have to pay the Single Supplement for that 'Single' inside. Those two Outside single cabins don't look to bad.

Happy Sailing

No, since the cabins are a "single" in the first place (just one twin bed), there's no single supplement.

But don't go getting too excited about that yet. The increase is built into the price in the first place. My cabin was identical to the inside cabins along the same row---with the exception of the second bed. If you check the per person fare for those doubles, it's less than the per person for the single.

I'm betting the same is true in the outsides. The same was true in the good old days when HAL did have ships with several single cabins (both insides and outsides).

Happy Sailing

I'm booked into one of the outside Q cabins this summer. Although, pricing is always fluctuating.......when I booked a year out, the Single Oceanview Q quote was $1500 less for my Baltic itinerary than other available oceanviews! Another CC'er had this cabin on Ruth C's cruise & felt it was quite adequate for a single..given the price. I'm hoping that while the ship is in/entering/leaving port & during our Kiel Canal cruising day(slow speeds) that the door near those cabins out to the Upper Promenade deck will provide easy access to an outside deck for observation. I'm sure I wont be going out there onto the fore deck while the ship is well underway, that could be fierce?

I'll report back in July.

Martha

C201 was really noisy earlier this year. If the anchor isn't tightened correctly, it bangs and bangs. And the desk keeps trying to tell you that it is the usual noise of the waves. Once it was checked out properly and I knew what the problem was, it just took a phone call to get it fixed from then on. Nancy

Archived