fuel surcharge rebate

cina54

Hi, I am just checking to see if we are the only ones waiting for a rebate for fuel charge. We reserved our cruise in early 2007 and sailed on AOS on Feb. 2008. Have not heard a word. Our travel company said they have no control over rebates that it is RCCL. Does anyone have the same experience? Who do you contact?

thanks,

cina54

We reserved our cruise while onboard in Sept.07, took the cruise Feb.08 and are waiting for our rebate also. When I get really concerned I will contact RCI since they will be the ones giving you the rebate.

I booked in October for Freedom in June. I paid the fuel surcharge and was told it would be applied as an OBC. I paid for my crusie in full in March... no credit as of yet. They told me it will show up... I asked when... they said... dont worry it will. We will see.

we just sailed on the Majesty and we were expecting to receive our Fuel Surcharge as an OBC; after 5 visits to the guest relations desk we were told that we would need to contact RCI in Miami because they didn't have the authority to issue us the OBC. As soon as we reached the airport, I called our TA so that she could follow up with RCI on our behalf.

I booked in October for Freedom in June. I paid the fuel surcharge and was told it would be applied as an OBC. I paid for my crusie in full in March... no credit as of yet. They told me it will show up... I asked when... they said... dont worry it will. We will see.

Hey Mad-dog

I think I have your answer. I myself am in the same boat as you are. We reserved our cruise which we are taking next month 5/18/08 back in May of 2007. I talked to the resolution dept. last week at RCCL to change my stateroom to a different one and I also asked about the supp refund. It was showing on my online acct on their website and then went away just as yours did. It appears that RCCL is just trying to refund the supps to the original credit card the cruised was purchased/held with, and not OBC as described on their site. I have a dilema b/c the original card I used last year I know longer have and I do not back at that bank any longer. So basically my RCCL rep is having to get in touch w/ the accounting dept. and try to get my money back. I have requested to just have it added to my seapass as OBC. The rep indicated that this supp refund process has been a nightmare and there are alot of others in the same boat with us w/ their supp money floating around. As long as I get my $70 back either way I'll be happy. If not then as soon as we are onboard its off to the pursers desk to demand the OBC.

Hope this answers some of your questions about whats going on.

Hey Mad-dog

I think I have your answer. I myself am in the same boat as you are. We reserved our cruise which we are taking next month 5/18/08 back in May of 2007. I talked to the resolution dept. last week at RCCL to change my stateroom to a different one and I also asked about the supp refund. It was showing on my online acct on their website and then went away just as yours did. It appears that RCCL is just trying to refund the supps to the original credit card the cruised was purchased/held with, and not OBC as described on their site. I have a dilema b/c the original card I used last year I know longer have and I do not back at that bank any longer. So basically my RCCL rep is having to get in touch w/ the accounting dept. and try to get my money back. I have requested to just have it added to my seapass as OBC. The rep indicated that this supp refund process has been a nightmare and there are alot of others in the same boat with us w/ their supp money floating around. As long as I get my $70 back either way I'll be happy. If not then as soon as we are onboard its off to the pursers desk to demand the OBC.

Hope this answers some of your questions about whats going on.

I am the same way, it really does not bother me if we get an OBC or it is refunded to my credit card.... I just would like to get it resolved before we board! I am claiming some RCCL visa points too as OBC and I just do not want to get suckered. Good luck to you.

We booked a year ago for our cruise this September. It's not paid in full yet (we have until July) - and have not seen any credit yet. If I understood correctly, if we had NOT yet paid in full, I think we were to get it credited back to us. Wonder how longer that might take?

I was told by my TA that the form of refund would be OBC, I have heard nothing about chargebacks to credit cards. We are not sailing till July so I will be watching to hear how others report the resolution. Thanks for all you who bother to do so, it really helps the rest of us who are still in the "same boat"!

We just sailed in April and received an OBC for that cruise. However we are still waiting for the surcharge refund from our February cruise of $110.00.

My TA told me this could be months. I will wait until I receive my next credit card statement and if there is not a credit yet, I will email RCI and try to see if they will give me a time frame.

Originally, I thought I had read somewhere that all credits would be done by end of April but I can't remember where I read it.

for my cruise that I took in Feb it took awhile...but seem funny after I called crown and anchor the next day the credit showed up on my credit card...but then the Oct. cruise it showed up as credit back and it don't show as on board credit...just took off of balance due.

We booked a year ago for our cruise this September. It's not paid in full yet (we have until July) - and have not seen any credit yet. If I understood correctly, if we had NOT yet paid in full, I think we were to get it credited back to us. Wonder how longer that might take?

If you are not paid in full yet, it will just be deducted from your final payment amount.

I was told by my TA that the form of refund would be OBC, I have heard nothing about chargebacks to credit cards. We are not sailing till July so I will be watching to hear how others report the resolution. Thanks for all you who bother to do so, it really helps the rest of us who are still in the "same boat"!

We sail in July also and were expecting OBC, but just yesterday the credit appeared on our credit card.

We just sailed in April and received an OBC for that cruise. However we are still waiting for the surcharge refund from our February cruise of $110.00.

My TA told me this could be months. I will wait until I receive my next credit card statement and if there is not a credit yet, I will email RCI and try to see if they will give me a time frame.

Originally, I thought I had read somewhere that all credits would be done by end of April but I can't remember where I read it.

Same here. I sailed on the Enchantment last week, and everyone in our group (four cabins) who had been charged the fuel surcharge received their OBC.

We sailed March 2, 2008, and paid for a fuel surcharge for two cabins...a total of $140. We're still waiting and I haven't been able to get a straight answer from RCCL yet. My TA has contacted them 2x for us. She was on our cruise and is still waiting on her refund as well. She keeps being told that we were booked as a group and they are still working on the group refunds. She's calling them again today!!!

That's so weird! I know that some people that cruised a week or so after we cruised had their surcharge refunded while they were onboard. We had booked the cruise for 3/2/08 in March, 2007, a full year ahead. We'll see what happens today. :rolleyes:

We booked our two cruises for Oct. 08 and Feb. 09. the fuel charge was taken off of our account a month ago. Now my final payment is less.

Some friends of ours travelled last month and got there's 3 third day as an OBC.

Booked in June 07, sailed FOS April 6th 08, no OBC, 4 visits to customer service later and I am told it has been credited back to the credit card.

Got home no credit, emailed C&A, received a response that they owed me the credit and it would be credited back within 5 weeks, emailed back asking that it just be applied to my July cruise, can't do that, as only the refund team can authorize credits and they are working on it. Trust me, if the money is not back on my credit card on the 35th day I shall be taking it further, and will stop being mr nice guy:mad:

We were just on the Liberty and our Fuel Charge was a OBC credit. Showed on our SeaPass the 2nd day. All our other cruises that were booked prior to the Surcharge had the fee taken off our invoice amount owed.

One thing we did find out though, was when I xferred the res to the TA, the surcharge showed up again. She said it must be some kind of clitch, so she had to call and get it taken off. So now I send her my copy of the res so she can see there is no surcharge so she can make sure it doesn't show up when she transfer the res over.

Just off the Grandeur of the Seas last Thurs. We got our Fuel Charge back as OBC on the third day

Of course, we didn't get ours when we sailed on 3/2 because they didn't announce the refunds until the week after we cruised. It seems as though there is no consistent refund plan though...some people got it as OBC and some still haven't gotten their refund yet. Go figure! Maybe they think I'll forget about it if they keep putting me off. One of the things that really irritates me is the stupid "form" letter e-mail they send, plus the fact that it takes them 2 weeks or more to respond to an e-mail. Poor customer service!!! :mad:

Hi, I am just checking to see if we are the only ones waiting for a rebate for fuel charge. We reserved our cruise in early 2007 and sailed on AOS on Feb. 2008. Have not heard a word. Our travel company said they have no control over rebates that it is RCCL. Does anyone have the same experience? Who do you contact?

thanks,

cina54

We also booked early 2007 and sailed Serenade February 2008. We just got the rebate. This was a trip with friends...my friend got the $70 credited to her account. If she wouldn't have mentioned it, I wouldn't have known she got it.

Ours showed up as OBC on Brilliance transatlantic April 14ish. Tablemates who were also due OBC did not get theirs and contacted their travel agent while on board. Don't know if they ever got it or not but if you have a travel agent, guess you had better turn it over to them. We had booked direct.

Archived