Mistake? or have I been upgraded???

Hi all --- I am sailing the splendour out of venice in a few weeks, and I like checking the RCCL website to see the timeline....(I'm getting anxious), and I just noticed, the room number listed is different than it's been -- it's a balcony on deck 7, when we originally booked an oceanview on deck 6. I'm hoping it really is an upgrade...I'm going to call RCCL in a bit, especially because our luggage tags say the old room, so if we are moved, I don't know how that issue will be resolved. Anyone have any thoughts??? Am I one of the lucky ones???? Thanks

Hi all --- I am sailing the splendour out of venice in a few weeks, and I like checking the RCCL website to see the timeline....(I'm getting anxious), and I just noticed, the room number listed is different than it's been -- it's a balcony on deck 7, when we originally booked an oceanview on deck 6. I'm hoping it really is an upgrade...I'm going to call RCCL in a bit, especially because our luggage tags say the old room, so if we are moved, I don't know how that issue will be resolved. Anyone have any thoughts??? Am I one of the lucky ones???? Thanks

Sounds like the upgrade fairy has been nice to you...Call RCCL to know for sure!

BILL

Just got off the phone, and yes, we did recieve a complimentary upgrade!! We wanted a balcony so badly, it was just so much more expensive this time around...my first (but hopefully not my last) upgrade! Yeah!

Congrats!!:D Make sure to make your offerings of thanks to the Upgrade Fairy!!

As to luggage tags, you can get new ones from the porters at the pier.

Wrona, what is the proper upgrade fairy sacrifice? Will drinking a bottle of champagne or sparkling wine work, or do you still have to find a lamb or something like that?:D ;)

jc

BTW, congratulations! Don't expect a repeat upgrade, but enjoy the one you got!:)

Nice. From a large oceanview to a D1.

Wrona, what is the proper upgrade fairy sacrifice? Will drinking a bottle of champagne or sparkling wine work, or do you still have to find a lamb or something like that?:D ;)

Well we plan on toasting several bottles of champagne to her in a few weeks. Wouldn't want to risk offending her now would we?;) :p :D

Way to go!! In all our cruises we have never been so fortunate to be visited by the upgrade fairy. Sigh! You are going to love it. But, beware you will never want another ocean view or inside cabin again. You are doomed to become a balcony snob.;)

Archived