Any great sites for girls dresses?

I am looking for some great elegant-type dresses for my dd8. Anyone have some great websites to refer me to for them?

I don't want to spend lots obviously on something she will not wear often before growing out of it.

I hope you don't mind that this isn't exactly in response to your question, but I had good luck getting dressy clothing for my children at local upscale consignment stores.

There are a couple of stores on Ebay that have great dresses for girls.

If you go to Ebay and then type in "Flower Girl Dress" they will all come up. You can then click on the store and see all their selections in your daughter's size.

I've gotten several great formal dresses through Ebay. These are new dresses that are sold through an Ebay Store and not individual. The dresses run any where from $15 -$40 and then the sellers usually charge $15 for shipping. So you are really paying $30 to $55.

I am looking for some great elegant-type dresses for my dd8. Anyone have some great websites to refer me to for them?

I don't want to spend lots obviously on something she will not wear often before growing out of it.

In the Catholic religion, most Communions are held in May. Have you looked in the dept stores for first communion dresses? They'll mostly be white, but you might find some pastels too.

I just purchased a First Communion dress for my 8 year old, and it was not inexpensive. I agree that eBay can be a great source, as can consignment or second hand shops, or even sales at bridal shops for flower girl dresses.

Got my DD's formal dresses for our last cruise at Nordstrom Rack and Marshalls.

I personally would never purchase a dress on eBay from a buyer that was charging $15 for shipping a child's dress. Too expensive.

I don't mind paying the $15 shipping charge because I understand that this is where the store makes there money when they are dealing with new items and keep and inventory.

When the seller sells the dress for $20 and then you pay $15 shipping the entire dress cost $35. By putting a portion of the profits in the shipping they actually pay a lower commission fee to ebay. If I go to Dillards, it cost me about $10 in gas(It would be much less if I didn't live in BFE), and by the time I find dress on sale that was $100 at 66% off, it would be $33, so I just figure the $15 is really part of the price dress.

If it was used and I was buying from and individual I think I would feel differently.

These are two of the dresses I got from that sight for my Daughter.

I think they were around $35 ($20 for dress and $15 for shipping),They were brand new with tags and sold through an ebay store. I bought the cream one for her first communion and then for the cruises that followed. I have been very happy with this store and bought the similar dress in burgundy for her to wear on other cruises and for Christmas.

dressedup.jpg.917ff4573e99c84fcab746e815fef830.jpg

burgandydress.jpg.a96135a8f29b3226daabb21b9cd16c80.jpg

Interesting that I went to the butterflyxc site and the prices are very good, from $24 to $39 (plus shipping) while on other sites they are much more expensive. However, I then found the exact same dress on ebay for $15.00 so even with the shipping it is even less than the butterflyxc site which is the one I thought was great. Still deciding.

They have an ebay store and this website, and you are right, I think the prices for the same items are better on Ebay. There are also a couple of other competitors.

I meant to post a link to their ebay store, but didn't get around to it. I got side tracked looking for something for my own DD.

Archived