Need a buddy for weight loss

oh boy Tess, no doubt you are in a touger situation thean most. Traveling will take extra committment on your part.Thinking here, we travel a lot due to a hobby that we have but not for that length of time.

I usually throw instant 100 calorie oatmeal packs in my suitcase for breakfast, use the hot water in the room. I also carry my own lo-cal salad dressing and can order a salad for lunch. Great idea form Love-lee to google information on take outs. Maybe you can do the "to go" at Applebys or Chilis with this information. Maybe even may special arrangements with room service. At least your can bring work out clothes or a bathing suit to take advantage of the gym and pool at the hotel.... Good luck on this, you have a challenge ahead of you but like Love-lee points out it can be done. We use to eat out alot also but I just found it so much easier to stay on track eating a home and now we only eat out about once a week.

My husband is considering Medifast. I am really interested to hear your thoughts on this, W.

Hey everyone...seems like we have a great group going. Thanks for "joining". This is going to be fun!

I have been busy painting our bathroom. A faux treatment. I am not a professional but I give it my best. If anyone is interested when I am done I can post pictures. Well with stage 1 anyway. :rolleyes:

I am starting my medifast Monday..I know this is going to be a tough journey so I needed some time to eat some of the things I won't have for a long time, if ever again.

I am trying to turn my thinking around and understand that food is not comfort..food if the fuel I need and nothing more.

Has anyone done anything exciting this weekend?

I forgot...

Do we want to have a weekly weigh in? Something to help us to be accountable?

Have fun with the bathroom project, at least it can help distract you. I know extra projects help me a lot.

Please keep us posted on the Medifast, if i works, maybe I will have to go for something like that. A weekly weigh in would be good. Someone could be group secratary and chart progress, any volunteers??:confused:

oh boy Tess, no doubt you are in a touger situation thean most. Traveling will take extra committment on your part.Thinking here, we travel a lot due to a hobby that we have but not for that length of time.

I usually throw instant 100 calorie oatmeal packs in my suitcase for breakfast, use the hot water in the room. I also carry my own lo-cal salad dressing and can order a salad for lunch. Great idea form Love-lee to google information on take outs. Maybe you can do the "to go" at Applebys or Chilis with this information. Maybe even may special arrangements with room service. At least your can bring work out clothes or a bathing suit to take advantage of the gym and pool at the hotel.... Good luck on this, you have a challenge ahead of you but like Love-lee points out it can be done. We use to eat out alot also but I just found it so much easier to stay on track eating a home and now we only eat out about once a week.

My husband is considering Medifast. I am really interested to hear your thoughts on this, W.

I do always take work out clothes, and also have DVD's for workout for my laptop or take advantage of hotel gym & pool if there aren't too many kids. Also, that is why I joined Curves, can go there any place in the country, and they are more places than even 24 hour fitness.

I did very good yesterday. Walked to Curves and then worked out, then walked home. About 2 hours total. Also, my brother and two of his friends asked me out last night to be designated driver, so no alcohol:eek: and I only had shrimp salad for dinner. (Another incentive, I am single and so are his friends!!!:rolleyes: )

All trying nutrisystem let me know how it works too. My brother starts his tomorrow, supposed to be good for us travelers also. He is a truck driver.

Well, time for my walk. See you tomorrow.

Ok Tess, sounds like you have it covered, and actually some pretty good habits already. Weather took an unexpected change for the better here and taking a break from some labor intensive yard work!!

I am a CPA consultant and am on a break now after tax season so sure I can keep track of everyone here who wants to post results... Perhaps we could all post our goals, and starting point on Monday and I will give it a go.

Hubby and I compete in ballroom dancing and the pictures from our comp we did a few weeks ago have just been posted..... Here is a picture of "arms"... so yes at 50+ you can get rid of thoes dimples!! Hope this link works

http://pics.marvinmoorephoto.com/gallery/4718485_f8hBQ#281370783_zsL3Z-L-LB

Tess, although I just started Nutrisystem, I can say it's great for traveling. There are both portable meals, and meals you can prepare (microwave) at home. So far, it's a pretty easy plan to follow, and I'm actually having trouble getting up to 1200 calories a day. I'm not hungry at all. But...I guess I have to wait some time for the results!

I have done very good today. I had one waffle for breakfast with "I can't belive it's not butter", black coffee, which I am still trying to get to.

Had citrus for a snack with water

Baked chicken and salad for lunch.

I think I will just do a salad tonight and no snack. That is what gets me in trouble is the midnight snacks.

Time for my walk too.

Thanks for the feed back ref ablounger smoothdancer. I think I will stick to the walking. I may check out Curves on Monday. There is one not too far from here

I like the idea of a weigh in too.

Good Luck to all this week/weekend

Pam

Wow, smoothdancer, I think you look great. I thought of learning ballroom dancing, but have no partner.

OK, guys, tomorrow we have our first official weigh-in:)

Get on the scale first thing in the morning:eek: , and list it here, with your goal weight. Maybe also list just one exercise commitment for the week. Tune in all week for encouragement, then next monday, we all see how we did. I think this could be a lot of fun as well:D

So far today I had:

Breakfast

Nutrisystem Breakfast Entree: Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar Cheese

1 hard boiled egg

1 medium orange

Lunch

Nutrisystem Lunch Entree: Chicken Salad (gross, btw, won't get again)

1 cup of salad with fat free honey dijon dressing

8oz glass of fat free milk

Afternoon Snack

1 hard boiled egg

1 small apple

I also had 4 8oz glasses of water, and have 4 more to go...

Still have dinner and dessert to go...

Wow, smoothdancer, I think you look great. I thought of learning ballroom dancing, but have no partner.

OK, guys, tomorrow we have our first official weigh-in:)

Get on the scale first thing in the morning:eek: , and list it here, with your goal weight. Maybe also list just one exercise commitment for the week. Tune in all week for encouragement, then next monday, we all see how we did. I think this could be a lot of fun as well:D

Tess, a Monday weigh-in sounds great! This is exciting.

I also order a mini stepper for exercise, since I live in a two-family house, so I can't have anything too too loud (like a treadmill) in my apartment. I'll organize my weigh-in like this.

Starting Weight: 210

Today's Weigh-in:

Goal Weight: 130

Hey all...

Phase 1 is done with bathroom. Now all (said lightly) that is left are the moldings and doors! FUN FUN!!! NOT. :rolleyes:

I will volunteer to be secretary if you guys want. I can set up an excel spread sheet and put in all the info. All I will need is name (unless you want to use your screen name then that is cool too), start weight, current weight and goal weight. I will update every Tuesday online so everyone will need to have info to me Monday night.

Well, I have to say I need a little encouragement here. Tomorrow I start the medifast and I am so nervous about this. You should see the food! Actually, I am not sure you can even call it that! Tiny little box was delivered to me and it is suppose to last for 5 weeks! I know, I keep telling myself this is for my benefit. Food is really only fuel. But dang it..I sure did love that fuel. LOL.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Thanks for listening.

Smoothdancer...all I can say is....fantastic. I have gotten hooked on Dancing with the Stars and I am envious that you are there! How much fun is that!!!!

Oh guys, I just had another thought...does anyone want to post now pictures and then occasional progress pics as we go? I am game if anyone else is. Plus it kind of puts a face with the name.

"See" you tomorrow. :)

Hey all...

Phase 1 is done with bathroom. Now all (said lightly) that is left are the moldings and doors! FUN FUN!!! NOT. :rolleyes:

I will volunteer to be secretary if you guys want. I can set up an excel spread sheet and put in all the info. All I will need is name (unless you want to use your screen name then that is cool too), start weight, current weight and goal weight. I will update every Tuesday online so everyone will need to have info to me Monday night.

Well, I have to say I need a little encouragement here. Tomorrow I start the medifast and I am so nervous about this. You should see the food! Actually, I am not sure you can even call it that! Tiny little box was delivered to me and it is suppose to last for 5 weeks! I know, I keep telling myself this is for my benefit. Food is really only fuel. But dang it..I sure did love that fuel. LOL.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Thanks for listening.

Smoothdancer...all I can say is....fantastic. I have gotten hooked on Dancing with the Stars and I am envious that you are there! How much fun is that!!!!

Oh guys, I just had another thought...does anyone want to post now pictures and then occasional progress pics as we go? I am game if anyone else is. Plus it kind of puts a face with the name.

"See" you tomorrow. :)

OK, Cindy, you are voted in as Secratary, or Recorder or whatever you want to be, it is official ;) AND I love the picture idea, I will send a pic from my last cruise, since that is where I am starting at!!! It would be a big help if we could see our progress in pictures. So happy I found this thread!!!:D Check in tomorrow with the stats.

If you don't mind I will join this group. I will be going on a cruising in Dec. I'm 33, 5'2" and probably around 131. I have to weight my self in the morning to make sure..

But this sounds like a really active group. I eat well, as my husband and I eat all organic foods at home. I trying to learn to cut down my portions. Also I need to start exercising. My have a "small" mini gym in our hangar. Going to the gym in our area is not that easy.

My down fall is sweets and coke. I guess I just like food to much :rolleyes:. Anyways I'll give my weight to morrow.. You can add me to that list you are doing.. My name is Kim.

If you don't mind I will join this group. I will be going on a cruising in Dec. I'm 33, 5'2" and probably around 131. I have to weight my self in the morning to make sure..

But this sounds like a really active group. I eat well, as my husband and I eat all organic foods at home. I trying to learn to cut down my portions. Also I need to start exercising. My have a "small" mini gym in our hangar. Going to the gym in our area is not that easy.

My down fall is sweets and coke. I guess I just like food to much :rolleyes:. Anyways I'll give my weight to morrow.. You can add me to that list you are doing.. My name is Kim.

All are welcome Kim, the more support we all have the better we will do. :)

Okay Cindy and all here is my weigh in for this morning

Starting weight: 162

Weigh-in 05/05: 163

Goal: 140

I will send pic as well. This will also be from my last cruise. I am so excited! I am so glad I joined this thread I feel more motivated now than I would if I were trying to do this by myself. Even though we are not together in person we are with each other in spirit.

See you all later

Pam

Can we add exercise goals too? We compete this Saturday and so for this week I have a tough exercise goal because I need to increase my stamnia and flexibility for the event.

Starting weight: 117

Goal: 115

Exercise goal - Gym, 6 days

I just weighted my self. I'm at 131.5 now and would like to get down to 115. This would be for my Dec cruise, but if I get down to my weight goal before that date that will be great..

Hope everyone had a good weekend and good luck to all whatever program you decide to follow. I am learning that losing weight and someday maintaining that weight loss is now a way of life. I have attempted several times over the last 10 years to lose all the weight I've gained. I recently (7 months ago) quit smoking. So now, just like living smoke free I am dedicated to live and eat a healthier lifestyle.

Here are my morning stats:

Start - 236

Today - 203.5

Goal - 145

Mary

Good Morning all you Cruiser Losers!! OK name for the group???:confused: It is great we have such a diverse group growing here. I bet as we get going more will join.

Mary, GOOD job quiting smoking. I quit 7 years ago and have struggled with my weight off and on since then. But also add a back injury, my body can't deciding if it is menstral or menapausal, and BAM, gained 80 lbs. But you have the right attitude, all about a healthier lifestyle, and that is what I am doing now too.

I am going to use my curves starting weight, because that is where it all began. Also, we may want to list our age. And I like the exericise thing too,

Teri Age 53

Starting weight: 226.5

Weight May 5: 217.5

Exercise las week: 3 hrs walking

1 day of Curves

939756543_beforepic.jpg.ad78b512959d38e5c9d74f1eec506b0f.jpg

Everyone just stay positive today, you can do it.

Good Morning everyone.

wow..I had a huge surprise when I got on the scale this morning. At first I thought something was wrong with the scale. But nope...I guess not. I don't weight quite as much as I thought I did. That is a plus.

And yes exercise goal is good too.

Here are my stats from this morning.

Starting weight 184

Goal weight 138

not sure of my exercise goal yet. Will do that next week.

More later..I am off to drink my first shake. Have a great day!

And welcome everyone! It is nice to not feel alone in this journey!

Good morning, all. I did my walk to curves routine, so got an hour and half of exercise. In spite of Cinco dy Mayo Celebration did pretty good. Did have a Tequila Sunrise. but counted the orange juice as a fruit:rolleyes: I did keep portions down, so over all a good day. Good job Smoothdancer, good job getting to the gym!!! have a great day all

I did pretty well yesterday. I did have a coke, but only one. The rest of the day I just drank water. I also went for a walk. So I got exercise in.

So I guess I did pretty good.

Archived