Need a buddy for weight loss

Yesterday was strange for me. I was hungry all day long which hasn't happened in quite a while. I started off with half a wheat bagle and egg. Afterwards I went to work on the pool patio trying to get finished with painting it before the weekend. I worked 1 hr and 45 minutes painting before going into work! On my way that's when the hunger just wouldn't stop.....so here I am in the grocery store with so many options, I grabbed a carton of yogurt...so that was good, got to work around 130 and immediately warmed up the soup I brought and had a banana, had a Lean Cuisine for dinner and after here's where I kinda fell off, I had about 1/4 of Flan with a taquito and some fruit (that makes two dinners!). It was so good. So I think that maybe all the work I did in the morning just got me soooo hungry. Anyways, today I seem to be doing ok but have a luncheon with work so I'm really going to have to behave since it's being held at a steak restaurant. Wish me luck!

What I'm trying to do now is only eat when I'm hungry. I had 1 egg and 1 piece of bacon this morning. Then I had a few snacks, which I probably had a bit to many. I'm trying to stay on a low carb diet. I tend to do better not eating a lot of carbs.

But I'm trying to cut down on the portions, but not starve my self. I'm trying to only eat when I need to. It seems to be going okay, but I do have times were I eat a little to much.

I think it just in the training your self not to eat everything you "see". Listen more to what you stomach is really telling you.

What I'm trying to do now is only eat when I'm hungry. I had 1 egg and 1 piece of bacon this morning. Then I had a few snacks, which I probably had a bit to many. I'm trying to stay on a low carb diet. I tend to do better not eating a lot of carbs.

But I'm trying to cut down on the portions, but not starve my self. I'm trying to only eat when I need to. It seems to be going okay, but I do have times were I eat a little to much.

I think it just in the training your self not to eat everything you "see". Listen more to what you stomach is really telling you.

I am doing low carb too, worked great before, and eating carbs got me where I am today.

Looks like everyone is doing a good job. Sorry I am behind on the spreadsheet. I will get it done before next weigh in.

I did low carb too..but then when I started going to the gym I could barely do anything. I think our bodies need those extra carbs as energy. That is just my experience yours may be totally different.

Yesterday was a rough day for me. First day on medifast and I was grumpy. I was hungry. Todday seems to be a little better.

All the encouragement from everyone here is good though.

Talk to you later.

Looks like everyone is doing a good job. Sorry I am behind on the spreadsheet. I will get it done before next weigh in.

I did low carb too..but then when I started going to the gym I could barely do anything. I think our bodies need those extra carbs as energy. That is just my experience yours may be totally different.

Yesterday was a rough day for me. First day on medifast and I was grumpy. I was hungry. Todday seems to be a little better.

All the encouragement from everyone here is good though.

Talk to you later.

Well we (husband and I) take very good vitamins. Its a power. Its through I group call Advance Scientic Health. We take 4 different vitamins. We take this daily. Plus we eat all organic at home.

So I don't have any problems with energy. Of course I still take naps during the day..

What is medifast? Just woundering.

Kim

Hi all - been reading posts for the last few days and would love to join your group. Last group I was in sorta petered out and I've just been posting on Belle's weekly wiegh in. DH and I have been actively working out and eating better since the beginning of the year and although he's great, it's good to be accountable to others.

So far, so good over here. Today is one week I'm on Nutrisystem, and I have to say, I'm lovin' it so far. The meals are great, and I don't find myself being hungry too much. I can't wait to weigh in next Monday - I hope we all have a successful week!

Hi all - been reading posts for the last few days and would love to join your group. Last group I was in sorta petered out and I've just been posting on Belle's weekly wiegh in. DH and I have been actively working out and eating better since the beginning of the year and although he's great, it's good to be accountable to others.

Welcome :) The more, the merrier!

What is medifast? Just woundering.

Kim

Hey Kim

Medifast is a diet that is typically prescribed by doctors. It is a low calorie, last ditch type of effort to lose weight. It was either that or take xynical(something like that..stronger version of alli). I decided to try this. Since my hysterectomy I have had real issues losing weight. Because of the medications I was I gained 36 pounds in 3 weeks..no lie. And trust me..I didn't eat to gain like that. Stupidly I thought that when I quit taking all the meds the weight would fall off. NOPE! So here I am 3 years later. I am tired of this weight. Nothing seems to work. i have a borderline thyroid issue but nothing that requires medication. Getting back to Medifast. It use to be totally liquid but now you have 5 medifast meals you eat then one of your own...your own is similiar to a low carb meal. Protein and greens.

They say for 3 weeks you shouldn't exercise and this is driving me crazy because I am the one who was at the gym for 2 hours everyday.

So this is my story. Did I bore everyone?

Welcome Copa. Do you want to be put on our list? If so, I need your starting weight, current weight and goal weight..and your name if you want or we can go by your screen name.

I think we have lost a couple of people. :(

Welcome!! We need you as much as you need us:)

Happy Hump Day to all, hope it is a good one for all. Went to Dr. yesterday because my thumb was in pain, have tendinitis, have to wear silly looking splint on it.:( Kind of a pain to type LOL Shouldn't impede my exercising, so better get busy!!! Keep up the good work all, we will all be hot babes like Smoothdancer before you know it!! ;)

Hi all, I have done godd today too and am proud of myself. I have really been committed to my walking. I actually look forward to it now. I bought myself a small cd player and put a '60's cd in yesterday when I walked. The time went too fast. Right now I am doing one round through my subdivision which is about a 1/2 mile. I am going to try 2 rounds tonight. The music really helped and the time seemed to go faster. I have found I have more energy than before.

Have a question about NutriSystem... Is it expensive and do they deliver meals weekly or monthly?

I can't wait to be a hot babe again... right now I am a cool mama....:D

I seem to be doing pretty well. I'm getting better at eating smaller portions for most of my meals. What I'm doing is also eating much slower then I have in the pasted.

Today I didn't do a snack in the morning between breakfest and lunch. But I have had a few snacks in the afternoon. I had half an peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some stawberries. Eating slower seems to be helping.

I'm trying to get in to a new way of eating, but not change what I eat. But I didn't go for any walks today.. I'll trying to get walking in tomorrow.

Sorry I'm a little behind this week. I missed weigh in Monday, but here are my current stats. Looks like everyone is doing good. Lots of encouraging posts. :)

I have had kinda a busy week and it's been hard to stay on track. I am doing good with the eating part but having a hard time fitting in my exercise. Just been trying to take the stairs and stuff like that. I haven't been able to do my nightly walk :( The rest of the week should be better. I hope.

Lee Ann

Start Weight: 255

Current Weight:144.8

Goal: 130

Here are a couple of pics. My before and my current.

before.jpg.486053d246c5a2e02928e5730a6258b7.jpg

leehalloween2.jpg.4c51e571715511bb1470cc3859b3eecf.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Been a rough couple of days. I started getting a sore throat Monday night and had a rough night's sleep. DH got either a stomach flu or food poisoning yesterday. I left work early to take care of him and was a bit overzealous in my germophobe cleaning yesterday and did something very bad to my lower back and it's killing me - I almost couldn't get out of bed this morning and lifting myself off the toilet was horrible :eek: . I hobbled around all day and am afraid once i'm done at the computer in a bit i won't be able to get up. Can't really say i ate bad, but since I can't work out I feel terrible - I've had weight loss every week for a long time now (even if just a pound) and I just hope not to gain anything this week.

Start weight: 310

Current weight: 259

Goal weight: According to weight charts 138? (I'm 5'4 with a med. frame I guess and haven't been below 200 in such a long time that I don't know what goal should be. Somehow I think it should be more 150-160. I'll know when I get there :))

I seem to be doing pretty well. I'm getting better at eating smaller portions for most of my meals. What I'm doing is also eating much slower then I have in the pasted.

Today I didn't do a snack in the morning between breakfest and lunch. But I have had a few snacks in the afternoon. I had half an peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some stawberries. Eating slower seems to be helping.

I'm trying to get in to a new way of eating, but not change what I eat. But I didn't go for any walks today.. I'll trying to get walking in tomorrow.

Smaller portions is what I need to do, I think that is the hardest. I love to eat. Ate seafood tonight, which is good, but ate too much. didn' do horrible today, but could have been a better eating day.

Sorry I'm a little behind this week. I missed weigh in Monday, but here are my current stats. Looks like everyone is doing good. Lots of encouraging posts. :)

I have had kinda a busy week and it's been hard to stay on track. I am doing good with the eating part but having a hard time fitting in my exercise. Just been trying to take the stairs and stuff like that. I haven't been able to do my nightly walk :( The rest of the week should be better. I hope.

Lee Ann

Start Weight: 255

Current Weight:144.8

Goal: 130

Here are a couple of pics. My before and my current.

Wow. LeeAnn, you stick around here, you are an inspiratin to us all, Look great and I can't wait to post those Before and After pics as well. I didn't exercise today, got busy working. Getting ready for a big training session and it seems I have to pretty much organize the entire thing, plus prepare two or three of the presentations :( But if I get my but to bed and get up early I will walk and curves tomorrow!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Been a rough couple of days. I started getting a sore throat Monday night and had a rough night's sleep. DH got either a stomach flu or food poisoning yesterday. I left work early to take care of him and was a bit overzealous in my germophobe cleaning yesterday and did something very bad to my lower back and it's killing me - I almost couldn't get out of bed this morning and lifting myself off the toilet was horrible :eek: . I hobbled around all day and am afraid once i'm done at the computer in a bit i won't be able to get up. Can't really say i ate bad, but since I can't work out I feel terrible - I've had weight loss every week for a long time now (even if just a pound) and I just hope not to gain anything this week.

Start weight: 310

Current weight: 259

Goal weight: According to weight charts 138? (I'm 5'4 with a med. frame I guess and haven't been below 200 in such a long time that I don't know what goal should be. Somehow I think it should be more 150-160. I'll know when I get there :))

Goal weight is when you fell good!!! You take it easy, get better don't push it. Back problems can sometimes heal quickly, sometimes not. so watch the eating and do what you can, but just stay positive. Easy for me to say, huh. Been there with the back problem though.

Have a great day tomorrow, I will!!

Oh wow, what a horrible night I had. My back got worse AND I picked up whatever DH had yesterday (stomach flu I think). One without the other is bad enough, but I had to wake DH to help me get up and it still took several minutes to finally get up - not really fun when you REALLY have to make it to the bathroom. Luckily the bug didn't hit me as hard as it did DH and I've made it ok. At least for today, I probably won't be gaining any wait considering I can't keep anything down.

Cindy, you asked what I'm doing to lose weight and it's pretty much just the things I know I should do like staying away from fried foods, making sure I eat breakfast, eating more fruits and veggies, making my starches count (whole oat, whole grain bread, pasta, etc). I'm eating 1300-1800 calories a day - I know that's a wide range, but I feel good at both ends of that range depending on the day. I excercise 4-5 times a week - other days we'll try to do something that's active, like walking at a flea market. No rocket science here and thankfully it's working for me.

tess2cruz, I'm doing my best to stay positive. I actually laughed when I left a message for my boss this morning as I explained what was wrong with me. I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy.

Leann...holy cow you look AMAZING!!!!!! Congrats on your accomplishment.

I need to tell you all about my day yesterday. Just to get it off my chest. I am so angry with myself.

As I have said I am redoing our bathroom. Well yesterday I started phase 2. The baseboards and moldings. Well...here is where my troubles started. I spilled oil based paint from the top of the ladder, now mind you I was moving the ladder and forgot it was up there. It went totally over me and the ENTIRE bathroom that I just did a faux treatment on. Well, I tried cleaning the bathroom first and the paint was drying on my face, in my eye, ear..you get the picture. Well I couldnt' get it off so I started pouring mineral spirits on it to get my face, neck and ear clean.

Here is my advice to everyone.

NEVER EVER DO THAT!!!! I now have chemical burns on most of my face, neck and ear. STUPID STUPID STUPID. I am old enough to know better. Geeez. Talk about not thinking.

Oh yeah,to top it off...the paint landed upsided down on the scale. Paint has gone in every crevice. ARGH!!!!!! Hubby worked and got most of it out..hopefully it will still work.

The positive thing that happened was i didn't run for the chips or cookies to make me feel better. Although, that would not have worked since I don't have any in the house. I thought about it but then thought nope..I am going to make this work this time.

Copa...I hope you get to feeling better really fast. Drinks lots of liquids to get that goop out of you.

We can be in pain together. Although, your might actually be worse. I am not running to the bathroom like you are. Oh but hey, think of the extra exercise you are getting! :D

Hey everybody!

The weather hasn't really been co-operating with my workouts this week. I had been doing really well with my walking/jogging, but we finally are getting some MUCH needed rain. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much we need the moisture. Hopefully it will be clear tonight and I will be able to go.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Keep up the good work.

Copa- I hope you get to feeling better soon. I hate being sick and then to have the back hurting on top of that is aweful. Just don't get discouraged.

Kim-great pictures. It's good that you don't have a lot to loose. Easier to take care of it now then put it off until it is a reall problem. I'm sure you are going to do great!

Copa, sorry you are feeling so miserable. LOTS of fluids. And try chicken soup, low cal, and there really is something in it for healing colds and flu ??:confused: Don't worry about the boss, him thinking your crazy is better than you going in to work and making him sick,:eek:

Cindy, You must be feeling miserable too. Good job not going for the stress feed bag. I am having a want to eat day, not sure even why. It will be a tough one. I need my walk.

Archived