What kind of bottled water is available?

inkmahm

Anyone know what kind of bottled water is available on Princess (Diamond Princess to be exact)? I'm curious about the ship as well as on the land tour to Denali and McKinley lodges.

Dasani? Aquafina?

Anyone remember how much it costs?

I drink a lot of bottled water and generally try to stick with purified water rather than natural Spring Water. I'm trying to figure out if I need to haul water with me from home for our cruisetour.

The water from the ships tap supply is as pure as you can get - just bring some empty containers.

Ron

Thanks, but that wasn't my question.

Anyone know the answer to what I asked?

Thanks, but that wasn't my question...QUOTE]

Can’t remember the name, I believe it was up to $4.50 for the tall bottles last cruise.

As for the second poster and tap water, he was correct. Princess ships make their own water from reverse osmosis, which 80% of bottled water companies do on land. Not pushing it, just try it.

Thanks, but that wasn't my question.

Anyone know the answer to what I asked?

I was just trying to be helpful - one poster said it is crystal geyser spring water - you said you don't drink spring water.

Soooooo - either take a case with you or empty bottles and fill from the tap.

Ron

I plan to take a case+ with me now that I know the bottled water is spring water.

Thanks for the info!

Some of the major brands that are not spring water are bottled tap water.

The tap water on the ship is at least the quality of those brands.

She/he don't want the tap water - let them haul a case of purified tap water aboard it is what they want. For me tap water is OK. My wife cannotm drink municipal tap water unless put through a Brita filter. She drinks the ship water with no problem.

Ron

I don't care how the water starts out as long as it is purified before it is put in the bottle. That's Aquafina, Dasani, at least one local brand that I buy at home all the time, etc. The bottle will tell you what has been done to the water. I don't buy it if it isn't what I want.

She/he don't want the tap water - let them haul a case of purified tap water aboard it is what they want. For me tap water is OK. My wife cannotm drink municipal tap water unless put through a Brita filter. She drinks the ship water with no problem.

Ron

Wait until you've been sickened by tap water and then you might change your mind, too. Spend a few weeks throwing up and in pain from stomach cramps and that changes your perspective a bit.

http://www2.jsonline.com/news/metro/apr03/131542.asp

Archived