Punjabi for formal night?

RS79

Is that like the wedding outfits in "Bend It Like Beckon"? We have a large Indian population around Atlanta and I see Indian women wearing those to dressy affairs around town. Now I have never seen this on a cruiseship but why not? We see men in kilts on formal night -and that is definetly regionial dress wear-so I say go for it!

We have just returned from the Diamond Princess. There were two young couples traveling together who wore beautiful outfits of that type, for formal nights. They drew many admiring glances and comments, as they all looked incredible. :)

What is a "punjabi"?

Are you talking about a salwar kameez with a duppatta? Some of these outfits are stunning.

I had the same question. "Punjabi" refers to the language or the inhabitants of the Punjab region of India, not to an article of clothing.

I had the same question. "Punjabi" refers to the language or the inhabitants of the Punjab region of India, not to an article of clothing.

Yes, the words, Punjabi set, brought an image of Indian twins to mind.

I think the outift in question sort of resembles women's "baggy" pajamas...you know with pants...not sure how else to describe it and if I am right, I think the outfits might be more common in Pakistan than in India...

lucky, I guess, cuz I out lived open heart surgery, 7 yrs ago, and brain surgery 9..lived to tell of both..and a recent apt fire, and still re-doing everything..yes I am Lucky..to alot of things..one is being able to cruises as often as I desire, and have wunnerful friends, but that makes me rich as well as Lucky

Archived