why is their no c.c. on princess

willyguy

Seems a little odd that Princess wouldn't do a little something for CC members who want to hold a gathering. RCI will actually allot space and time for a group that has 25 commited sign ups to the "meet&greet" from the roll call. Princess? if you are listening/reading could you come up with something for us wonderful Cruise Critic members please :)

Warren and Yvonne

Princess does this. I just arranged a CC meet 'n greet for our upcoming 5/26 cruise on CB.

I believe the cc refers to the cruise critic meet and greet, organized as stated in the last post. Your best bet to learn more about what your group wants to do is go to ROLL CALLS.

This gives you an opportunity to learn about your fellow cruisers, plan private tours and much more. Often these groups meet days prior to the cruise. We have had some great groups that got to know each other well before sailing. Princess will plan a get together for you, good chance to meet some of the officers.

Secondly, I am old in numbers - not in computer savy. And, on many of our longer cruises the older folks have communicated in excellent fashion through this great site.......

clvali

I am new to cruising, and Cruise Critic, granted, but on looking around and being nosy (here on the CC board), there is a link on the RCL Cruise line page. It takes you directly to the RCL/CC website to sign up for your meet and greet and get you to your roll call. You don't have to hunt around for it and look it up. It's listed right at the top, I will try to copy and paste.

Also, maybe I have too much free time on my hands, and to date I've pretty much been able to find everything I was looking for information about!

Royal Caribbean International

- Meet & Mingle Info and RCCL Meet & Mingle FAQ

- Register to attend a Meet & Mingle Party

- Confirmed Meet & Mingle Party List

- Go to: Royal Caribbean ROLL CALL Forums

Questions, comments & concerns regarding the management of our message boards should be directed to: community@cruisecritic.com.

Posts regarding these issues will be removed.

I am new to cruising, and Cruise Critic, granted, but on looking around and being nosy (here on the CC board), there is a link on the RCL Cruise line page. It takes you directly to the RCL/CC website to sign up for your meet and greet and get you to your roll call. You don't have to hunt around for it and look it up. It's listed right at the top, I will try to copy and paste.

Also, maybe I have too much free time on my hands, and to date I've pretty much been able to find everything I was looking for information about!

Questions, comments & concerns regarding the management of our message boards should be directed to: community@cruisecritic.com.

That's because RCI has had official organized M and M gatherings for many years. The other cruise lines do not. I recall going to one of them and the highlight was meeting the captain's wife. Big deal! I much prefer meeting my CC roll call people. Much more interesting and much more fun.

Pia

I have found that the longer the cruise, the older the passengers. The older the passengers, the less computer literate they are. Ergo: nobody knows Cruise Critic exists. Or cares. ;)

Pia

I could be wrong, but if this is his second language, wouldn't his first language have taught him how to use ?, ., capital letters, etc...

Sorry, this always bugs me. I guess with all the texting, etc...the younger generation shortens things up!

Another couple of really snipey posts. Mexico - Not everyone is as educated you seem to think you are, and Pia - its an awful generalisation to make about older people and computer literacy. If you can't think of anything helpful to post, then just don't post at all. Your kind of posts really 'bug' me and I am sure a lot of other people - they are completely unnecessary and needlessly hurtful to the OP.

I figured it was something like that, but if OP is regular RCL and new to princess, then it was something they didn't know, and probably why they asked.

I believe the cc refers to the cruise critic meet and greet, organized as stated in the last post. Your best bet to learn more about what your group wants to do is go to ROLL CALLS.

This gives you an opportunity to learn about your fellow cruisers, plan private tours and much more. Often these groups meet days prior to the cruise. We have had some great groups that got to know each other well before sailing. Princess will plan a get together for you, good chance to meet some of the officers.

Secondly, I am old in numbers - not in computer savy. And, on many of our longer cruises the older folks have communicated in excellent fashion through this great site.......

clvali

Not always. :( For my last cruise there was only one other person other than me on the roll call.

I could be wrong, but if this is his second language, wouldn't his first language have taught him how to use ?, ., capital letters, etc...

Sorry, this always bugs me. I guess with all the texting, etc...the younger generation shortens things up!

Not everyone has the benefits of having a full school based education. My dad is 81. His formal education stopped when he was in third grade. He can read and write in three languages, but his punctuation and grammar skills are no where near that of my eight year old son. He often slips words from his primary language into his English sentances. It can get confusing. However my dad is very interesting, loads of fun, a great dancer and never judges other folks on their language skills. I applaud the OP for taking the initiative to post and hope he or she continues to do so. My dad wouldn't touch a computer with a 10 foot pole!!!

I think you nailed it. I think the OP, whose posts tend to be short and a little cryptic, is asking why there is not a something like a Meet & Mingle link on the Princess website like there is on RCL. The simple answer is Princess has chosen not to do so or not had sufficient requests for a link.

Perhaps the OP has not been back to clarify his post after reading some of the shameful replies in this head. he is probably afraid he will get flamed some more.

At least he is attempting to get an answer to a question with a cogent response and not get flamed. Asking for additional info in order to answer the OP is OK but some of the responses have been down right insulting and uncalled for.

Just a further thought -- on our Celebrity cruises, the meet and greet parties have been called "Cruise Connections". We were, in fact, each given a pin with this Logo. Perhaps this is the C.C. to which OP is referring.

Seems a little odd that Princess wouldn't do a little something for CC members who want to hold a gathering. RCI will actually allot space and time for a group that has 25 commited sign ups to the "meet&greet" from the roll call. Princess? if you are listening/reading could you come up with something for us wonderful Cruise Critic members please :)

Warren and Yvonne

Princess does. ;) Our roll call has had one set up by Princess, and Cruisemom...:)

I'm so glad to read some of today's replies. Late last night when I read this thread I couldn't believe how insulting some of the posters were. As has been mentioned, there are a myriad of reasons someone might not write up to another's standards (as it was 2 am, I didn't reply out of fear that my writing wouldn't be up to par when I was that tired).

Something I don't understand is why so many posters (not just on this thread, but also on others) discuss the OP in the third person, as if he or she wasn't there. I guess it's easier to insult a poster if you pretend they won't see the thread again, kind of like gossiping just out of range of the one being gossiped about.

Something I don't understand is why so many posters (not just on this thread, but also on others) discuss the OP in the third person, as if they weren't there. I guess it's easier to insult a poster if you pretend they won't see the thread again, kind of like gossiping just out of range of the one being gossiped about.

I usually refer to the OP as the OP to be clear. If I go with HE said or SHE said everyone wonders which he or she I meant. If I use the OP's screen name then folks have to page back to see who I am referring to. So usually for the OP I just say OP to keep it simple.

I'll admit, the general tone of the postings on this board makes me a little leery of actually agreeing to meet anyone from CC on our upcoming cruise!

However, I'm sure that only the FRIENDLY ones will be on our cruise. Right? :rolleyes:

I usually refer to the OP as the OP to be clear. If I go with HE said or SHE said everyone wonders which he or she I meant. If I use the OP's screen name then folks have to page back to see who I am referring to. So usually for the OP I just say OP to keep it simple.

But "he" or "she" would be third person, also. I guess I always thought that threads like these were more like a conversation...the OP begins it, and you join in. At that point, to turn to another person and talk about the original conversationalist as if he or she wasn't there would be rude. Conversations flow back and forth between different people, but they generally don't contain language that excludes members of the conversational group unless there is intention to exclude and insult.

It sounds like I am not the only one who would prefer that a poster types a PROPER sentence, like they were taught to (hopefully) in school!

You probably mean "as they were taught..." which just goes to show that we have varying degrees of literacy.;)

Good Lord (to quote Nancy Grace) I did not mean to be insulting! I really do find that alot of people shorten things up now and I sometimes have a hard time following the "lingo". A lot of people who use Blackberry devices type like that because the keys are so small and everything takes so long and sometimes they transfer their habits onto other things.

Like the OP, I am a Canadian and we are usually the ones playing nice in the sandbox and wanting to get along with everyone!

You probably mean "as they were taught..." which just goes to show that we have varying degrees of literacy.;)

Cheers to you!!!!!!!

Not everyone has a Harvard Education! Cruise Critic guidelines ask that posters NOT correct other posters writing skills, punctuation, spelling..etc.

Chill

Archived