Best "unique" photo you've taken of a ship.

• 2 months later...
First cruise of the year to Alaska - you have to be prepared for rain! And rain it did!

This is just a fun photo I took so we'd remember how much rain we got on this trip. We were glad we brought our full rain suits, other folks hadn't so Ketchikan merchants made a small fortune selling rain clothes.

p5140052.jpg

This was my favorite picture by far. Very unique. We will be setting sail for Alaska 2 months from today aboard Radiance of the Seas. Yup, first cruise of the season. Guess I have to have a good sense of humor.

But the story sure was interesting! This image was made in march 2008, and apparently something sparked a brush fire at Kennedy space center! I saw this smoke flying in the day before, and was totally fascinated with the smoke patterns climbing real high into the sky.

95430760.jpg

Love this shot Dave! you did well in low light with a stitch and a moving subject! Impressive!

Thanks!

ISO 800 and f/2.8 helped get it up to about 1/125s and they weren't exactly speeding. I think what really helped is that the center stitch area is all boat and water with no busy background to cause mismatch problems.

Dave

Archived