I am in desperate need of some help!

hurls88

Please someone help me. I am going crazy reading these reviews of all of your cruises and I can't get my countdown clock to move faster. Even my 5 year old daughter is asking Are we going on the cruise tomorrow?

Good morning Hurls88!

I too, look forward to our cruise. I look at my countdown clock and think it is never going to move! That being said, I would be happy to have your clock vs. mine at the moment! I am still 120+ days out, (Sept 6 & Sept 13) from our b2b.

I am sure you will find a lot of sympathy/support from everyone on this board!

It will be here before you know it!:)

Lee

LOL...cute! It will be here before you know it! Enjoy the anticipation!

My wifes parents live in Merritt Island so when she was visiting she took the kids to watch the Glory leave port so that fired her up even more

My five year old asks me every day. He sees me looking at CC and wants to know if every ship is "our boat".

Thats funny. My 12 year old son isn't as bad because he is too busy being 12.

Please someone help me. I am going crazy reading these reviews of all of your cruises and I can't get my countdown clock to move faster. Even my 5 year old daughter is asking Are we going on the cruise tomorrow?

When are you leaving?

Fred

Good morning Hurls88!

I too, look forward to our cruise. I look at my countdown clock and think it is never going to move! That being said, I would be happy to have your clock vs. mine at the moment! I am still 120+ days out, (Sept 6 & Sept 13) from our b2b.

I am sure you will find a lot of sympathy/support from everyone on this board!

It will be here before you know it!:)

Lee

Thanks for the reply. Man would love a Back to Back but that is going to have to wait until retirement. I get some nice Pics for you.

I have a 12, 6, and almost 5 year old so I can definitely sympathize! :) The girls (the youngest 2) ask every day if we're leaving tomorrow. My 6 year old just picked her formal night dress and is driving me nuts about when it's going to get here (ordered it online) so we can go. Her logic is when the dress comes, we're going. Kids!

My 12 year old son is the same way. He'll talk about it and get excited when we do, but at least it's not every 10 minutes.

We still have 246 days to go! :eek:

LOL Hey Fred although I have never posted on your threads I really enjoy the "Live Threads" We are July 12

Thanks, I was going to say that you need to take little steps until your cruise and those days will go even faster. The first step is Memorial Day 26 May 2008, get that one out of the way first then July 4th and from there you are down hill.

Start packing :D

Fred

Hi there... we gave our March cruise to our kids for Christmas... seemed like every day was forever until we left. I made a REALLY LONG paper chain and put the dates on each ring. We hung it from top of the piano that had a picture of our ship displayed on a stand. Everyday the kids would take turns pulling off a ring. It seemed like it was an endless chain that would NEVER get shorter... until one day we got it up off the floor, it was no longer a long droopy coil, it was hanging, in a straight line...and then it really started to go..........and then we went... AHHH sweet memories. Our Christmas card picture the next year was the photo I took of them taking the last chain off together on our way out the door!

Enjoy your cruise AND the anticipation of it....

Hi Hurls88,

Why not make one of those incredibly long "things to take" lists? Write down everything you think you will need, (20 suitcases full of s... stuff:rolleyes: ) then think of the luggage you can take on a plane and begin to pare your list down to what you MUST have only! It should drive you nuts, especially because you have young children!

Do I take this? Do I really need that? What about the other? etc., etc.

Let your kids make their own lists of indispensible items they "need" on the ship? You should be so busy that your head will spin and the departure day will be upon you before you know it!:eek:

You need to get to 1 suitcase per person vs. 20 ! You may go bonkers!

Lee

Hi,

I just noticed that you live in Florida. Okay, no plane, just a moving van to pack your stuff! So, pare your list from renting a moving van to what you can pack in a vw bug:D ! No, you can't leave anyone behind in order to pack more things! LOL

The duct tape is NOT to be used to strap your kids in their chairs at home so they will not keep bugging you with their lists of things they need on the cruise. You are not allowed to tape their mouths shut! Don't use bungee cords to tie them in their seats either! The rules don't allow that type of behavior!

You have enough cruises under your belt that you know what to take!

Have fun, and yes, I would love to see pics! :)

Lee

We cruise in 59 days. I'm about ready now. It will be here before I know it. We have several things going on before that. So maybe my mind will be somewhat occupied with those things for awhile.:cool: The waiting is hard.

Hang in there.

Thanks, I was going to say that you need to take little steps until your cruise and those days will go even faster. The first step is Memorial Day 26 May 2008, get that one out of the way first then July 4th and from there you are down hill.

Start packing :D

Fred

I also have a Vegas trip with friends on June 14th :D

I have a 12, 6, and almost 5 year old so I can definitely sympathize! :) The girls (the youngest 2) ask every day if we're leaving tomorrow. My 6 year old just picked her formal night dress and is driving me nuts about when it's going to get here (ordered it online) so we can go. Her logic is when the dress comes, we're going. Kids!

My 12 year old son is the same way. He'll talk about it and get excited when we do, but at least it's not every 10 minutes.

We still have 246 days to go! :eek:

Thats too funny because our formal night attire revolved around my daughters formal dresses which we ordered online a month ago.

Hi there... we gave our March cruise to our kids for Christmas... seemed like every day was forever until we left. I made a REALLY LONG paper chain and put the dates on each ring. We hung it from top of the piano that had a picture of our ship displayed on a stand. Everyday the kids would take turns pulling off a ring. It seemed like it was an endless chain that would NEVER get shorter... until one day we got it up off the floor, it was no longer a long droopy coil, it was hanging, in a straight line...and then it really started to go..........and then we went... AHHH sweet memories. Our Christmas card picture the next year was the photo I took of them taking the last chain off together on our way out the door!

Great Idea!

Hi,

I just noticed that you live in Florida. Okay, no plane, just a moving van to pack your stuff! So, pare your list from renting a moving van to what you can pack in a vw bug:D ! No, you can't leave anyone behind in order to pack more things! LOL

The duct tape is NOT to be used to strap your kids in their chairs at home so they will not keep bugging you with their lists of things they need on the cruise. You are not allowed to tape their mouths shut! Don't use bungee cords to tie them in their seats either! The rules don't allow that type of behavior!

You have enough cruises under your belt that you know what to take!

Have fun, and yes, I would love to see pics! :)

Lee

You got it

That is such a great idea! Mine would be really long...over 200 days to go..

fedextina... yeah 200 day is a lot to go... but you could hang it from the ceiling and have it go around the room like you do for birthday parties... It would make a great conversation piece every time you had visitors... you could just keep talking about "the cruise" until it actually comes... which is exactly what we did...:)

I feel for you. It feels like I have been waiting forever and now its getting so close I am hurting with excitement....Only 1 more working day!!!!!

Wow 2 days

We cruise in 42 days but the kids have been pretty good about not asking - oh, wait, that's because they still don't know we're going! :p :D

I on the other hand have been counting down every day!

I could never keep it as a surprise

Archived