topless sunbathing

cruisin73

We're NEARLY as wierd on this topic...

Kids could care less about this - until their puritan progeny parents program them into Adam & Eve mode.

If cruisers are really supposed to sunbath and dress so as not to offend the most skin sensitive passengers, on board then when there IS a group of Taliban cruising does that mean burkas become re riguer?

Take me away to St. Tropez. :)

I'm not the slightest bit ashamed of my body. Which is why I'm ridiculously picky about who gets to see it.

And to be honest, I don't think I've ever been walking around a cruiseship and saw a stranger who I wish had on less clothing rather than more. ;)

I saw passengers in the buffet with curlers in their hair, fluffy slippers,

and the long white bathrobes on... and no makeup. They looked

very ugly to me and made me wince.

My point is that people think only of themselves and really don't

care if it bothers anyone else. It's my vacation too, and I don't want

to walk by the swimming pool looking at some boobs. I don't

really care if you go topless on your balcony, just as long as

it is not viewable by me.

I think women/girls should keep their boobs under wraps in public

especially with mixed aged passengers. At least have some tit

ring on (like Janet Jackson) hiding the nipple.

......My point is that people think only of themselves and really don't care if it bothers anyone else. .
......It's my vacation too, ..........

Darn..... I thought I was reading a smoking thread again........ :(

Whew....it's not. :D

Wow, I can't believe so many posts about topless bathing! :D I am from the UK. Have I bathed topless? yes. Would I bath topless again? probably yes. Would I bath topless on a Princess Cruise on deck? probably no. Would I bath topless on my balcony if not badly overlooked? yes. Do I bath topless in my back garden (weather permitting)? yes. We have had many holidays in the Caribbean and I never cease to be amazed by people's reaction to topless bathing. One hotel we stayed in at Dom Rep had a huge USA company holidaying there. Virtually all the women had had breast enhancements and although they all wore tops the tops only just covered the nipples. Some were, in my humble opinion, quite outrageous in their behaviour, rubbing up and down their partners when dancing, raising already very short skirts to show they had no undewear on, etc, etc. :eek: These same people could be heard making make loud, rude comments in ear shot of women who were bathing topless. There is a time and place for everything and I feel it is prudent to be mindful of causing offence to others but some are too quick to take offence whilst at the same time being totally blind to the offence they, themselves, are causing to others.

Perhaps a source of revenue for Princess is to charge a little fee

and have an adult swimming pool/spa/hottub area where all can be topless and/or nude if they so choose. Those adults can pay a small fee and have an area where no children are allowed and can drink and go nude/topless.

Those adults can pay a small fee and have an area where no children are allowed and can drink and go nude/topless.

The amount of the fee would be inversely proportional to the size of the (deleted)

Perhaps a source of revenue for Princess is to charge a little fee and have an adult swimming pool/spa/hottub area where all can be topless and/or nude if they so choose. Those adults can pay a small fee and have an area where no children are allowed and can drink and go nude/topless.
First of all, why should/would they want to do this? Most Princess ships do not sail year-round warm-weather itineraries. Second, you're assuming that the ship has the potential space to reconfigure a private section for this and that the cruiseline would be willing to spend an enormous amount of money to refit the ship(s). It would have to be in addition to the Sanctuary. Third, you're assuming that there would be a huge demand for this which is the only reason why Princess would refit a ship for this. This is why MUTS wasn't retrofitted onto more than the Grand and the Sea Princess. The Sea Princess was being reconfigured anyway when it rejoined Princess from P&O so it really doesn't count. A small fee wouldn't begin to make up for the expense of reconfiguration; it would be a drop in the bucket.

Not sure if you all know it, but even Carnival has done away with the topless decks they used to have. They were used so little, they decided that the space set aside for them would be better off used for other things. So, even on Carnival, there are no longer, or will be no longer a topless deck for sunbathing.

I took my kids to St Martin and there where topless ladies around and they didnt even notice. I say go topless and if a crew member asks you to cover up then put a top on. Americans are so uptight about nudity. In the State of NY it is legal ladies to go topless anywhere a man can go topless. My kids have never had an issue with it.

What is Princess policy on topless women in the adult public areas?
I have to laugh at this. It reminds me of a book (and show) from the 60s, Jean Kerr's "Please Don't Eat the Daisies."

First, there are really no true "adults only" areas on Princess. Children and teens do go into them and are often not removed (another case of spotty enforcement but there ya go). In addition, they are not private -- they are visible from other areas.

Second, which ship(s) are you talking about? There are several Princess ships where there are no "adults only" areas nor is it possible to put one in.

I'm talking about the Princess Sapphire... But you know I don't really care what the answer is to my previous question

... I don't want to see any women's nipple in or around the pool area.

I don't like to see the attention and frenzy when something like that happens...

People may think no one cares, but away from earshot ... people talk!

On the Princess Sapphire... does Princess have any rules or guidelines

or regulation concerning topless women in the pool areas?

For the SAPPHIRE Princess (Carnvial's names are the opposite with the lines name first), I would inquire with Princess directly as to the rules.

I agree with Pam though, there are no strictly adult areas on Princess ships that children do not have access to. At least none that I have ever seen.

My guess, try it on the pool deck and you will be asked to put your top back on, as I have seen this happen to others 'trying it' in the past. They normally don't bat an eye as usually those brave enough to feel it is that important, could care less what other people think. ;)

Quite obviously, topless sunbathing should be compulsory.

Where did the idea that a small child might be frightened by mammary glands originate? Do American women's breasts look like space monsters, or Republicans?

BOO!!!

AAARRRRGGHH - Mummy, the booby bit me..............

In the State of NY it is legal ladies to go topless anywhere a man can go topless. My kids have never had an issue with it.

New York Penal (chuckle) Law

The Court of Appeals of New York ruled in 1992 that exposure of a bare female breast violates this law only when it takes place in a commercial context. ...

from

http://www.nac.oshkosh.net/StatesFrames/State_Laws_Frames/New_York_Laws/body_new_york_laws.html

Thats the total views to a thread about going topless.:confused:

WOW and nothing even to admire....:)

Here it's totally legal for a women to walk the street topless, shop or do whatver. But no one ever does in public. Mainly at the beach, backyards or the apartment balcony.;)

Thats the total views to a thread about going topless.:confused:

WOW and nothing even to admire....:)

Here it's totally legal for a women to walk the street topless, shop or do whatver. But no one ever does in public. Mainly at the beach, backyards or the apartment balcony.;)

And our bedroom.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hic.

God I'm bored. She's watching soaps. Endless bloody soaps. Surely to God there can only be so many lesbian/incestuous/transexual/threesomes in the world....................

And not a booby in sight............

And our bedroom.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hic.

God I'm bored. She's watching soaps. Endless bloody soaps. Surely to God there can only be so many lesbian/incestuous/transexual/threesomes in the world....................

And not a booby in sight............

ROTFL

Archived