topless sunbathing

cruisin73

We are considering taking a priness cruise in January. Is there topless sunbathing allowed on any of the decks? If not can I sunbath topless on my balcony?

It might be easier to answer this question if you would post a pic of yourself!!

Anyone who knows anything about children knows how innocent they are with nudity.

We adults have to teach them to be ashamed of their bodies. :(

Isn't that the truth.

I went to out first clothing optional beach on our last cruise (we had suits on) and was really surprised how comfortable everyone was and our group acclimated to the nudity pretty quickly and it certainly wasn't a big deal. I think the Europeans have it right on this one.

I don't get it. Most women would never even consider topless sunbathing in their own back yard, but put 'em on a cruise ship with 3000 other passengers, and they feel the need to tan the "girls".

JMO...:rolleyes:

will you feel the same way if there is a man sunbathing nude on the deck below for your 7 year old daughter to see?

Why on earth would it make a difference who sees whose nude body? Are females not supposed to know what a penis looks like until they are a certain age?

I do not have an issue with nudity, but something that you may want to consider...if you've paid for your balcony (which you certainly have) and want to sunbathe topless there and it doesn't matter to you if a 5, 10 or 15 year old boy on the deck above sees you doing so...will you feel the same way if there is a man sunbathing nude on the deck below for your 7 year old daughter to see?

Yes, I would feel the same. He's sunbathing for goodness' sake, not out for some nasty thrill.

If you feel comfortable go for it.

Do expect the odd stare but thats a given.

I go topless most of the time be it poolside or ashore and no one says anything but my wife. Something about man boob's she goes on about.

All kidding aside be yourself and you paid for the cruise.

Enjoy it.

What date by the way?

TOTO shhhhhhhhh:p

Yes, I would feel the same. He's sunbathing for goodness' sake, not out for some nasty thrill.

Like I said earlier, I could really care less who is nude where...but I was just sharing some opinions based on people that I know. I know some people that would be mortified if their child would see someone nude anywhere. I also know some people that would have a fit about it for themselves as adults. Whether that makes them a prude is to be seen, but it is what it is.

I have got to tell you all....this thread has made my day - we have some really fun people on this board and I am still laughing!:D We have only seen topless bathers on beaches and I won't even go into what the men were wearing (or not wearing:eek: ) Personally though, I just keep it covered....;)

boy oh boy topless sunbathing really does get peoples interest.

ok to clarify I am a FEMALE. If Princess doesn't allow topless sunbathing on the decks then I certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone and I wouldn't do it. However I really don't see a problem with topless sunbathing on my balcony. If a 5,10 or 15 year old boy wants to look at me while I am on MY balcony than I guess he has every right to. My son has seen his mommy naked and his daddy naked so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be shocked by seeing some other man sunbathing naked. thanks everyone for your wonderful answers and by the way i don't know which cruise we are taking yet but watch out I may be on your next cruise.

Take the Eastern cruise to St Maarten

Go to Orient Bay Beach

It is an optional nude beach.

Most people had clothes on.

Lovely beach to spend the day at.

Be wild try going topless or nude if you please.

But use some really good sunblock!!

You know I guess it just comes down to how everyone was raised. In our family modesty was the norm. I would not feel comfortable topless in a public place. And I would not feel comfortable around anyone else topless or nude. That is just me (and my family). My youngest granddaughter has been raised by a single mom and I don't want her first experience with a penis being a glimpse over a balcony.

I don't know what the trend is in this day and age (I am approaching senior status) but on the cruises I have been on it seems that is the majority of the cruisers are this age. I guess just take your cue from those around you and don't "force" anyone to be exposed to anything that their parents should be teaching them about.

I know it's off topic, but...

Here in Eugene, OR, we had a court case some years ago where the judge ruled it discriminatory to require women to cover their breasts in public and not men. So, topless is legal here (but not very common, especially in winter :D ).

Personally I think it's sad that some people think that children will be harmed by seeing a nude body. Surely "a lesson in anatomy" should never be necessary......a child should grow up knowing about human bodies naturally.

JMO! :)

How people raise their children is certainly their choice, depending on their religious and cultural beliefs. I don't have any children of my own, but I certainly would never choose to educate someone elses child in such a way...or want someone else to educate mine.

I've seen topless women sunbathing on a Princess ship before. On the aft decks....no one had a problem with it that I know of. But the others are right! Foot traffic tripled in minutes...and so did the waiters offering drinks!

I say....BRING ON THE TOPLESS WOMEN! I'M THRISTY! 10.gif

I've been to Orient beach too. Allllll the way to the right side. Yep, I got naked right along with them. (to the dismay of my BIL...I'm sure he was just jealous)

I'm American...and proud of it. But I also love other countries, other people, and other cultures...and I accept them with my eyes wide open.

...I told my wife on the nude beach 'who cares...I'll never see these people again.' WRONG! Half the clothed people on that beach were from our ship....and I DID see them again! :D

How people raise their children is certainly their choice, depending on their religious and cultural beliefs. I don't have any children of my own, but I certainly would never choose to educate someone elses child in such a way...or want someone else to educate mine.

I do not have children, but this is what I've been trying to say...

I agree with you. I just don't accept that someone lying out sunbathing is doing it to "educate" children.

(Having said that, I do believe that some level of discretion is common sense. Sunbathe nude only on your own balcony or in an out-of-the-way place if it is allowed on deck.)

This has been a funny post to read...

While I wouldn't care if you were on your deck or not, I certainly wouldn't want my DS 15 & 18 to be above your deck. Not that they have never seen a picture of them, however, I really don't want to have to tell them to stay off the balcony.

And whoever posted about celphone pictures, and video's is right. Haven't you seen the things that come across on youtube...

I think it would be risky to do that. You wouldn't want to see yourself on a youtube video someday...

I do think American's may be a bit more modest with our bodies, but isn't that a good thing in this day and age, to respect our bodies. Modesty is not a bad thing.

Take the Eastern cruise to St Maarten

Go to Orient Bay Beach

It is an optional nude beach.

Most people had clothes on.

Lovely beach to spend the day at.

Be wild try going topless or nude if you please.

But use some really good sunblock!!

Then you were not at Club Orient. ;)

Just to put a perspective from a European on this topic.

I am not offended if someone goes topless on deck, or on shore, if it is permitted.

Many people have the idea that all europeans are into going topless (and in some cases bottomless as well) but, while it is popular with the Italians and Spanish for most Brits it is sill not a popular passtime.

Feebee_71 :)

This thread definately gave me a few chuckles!

If you go on Celebrity during school breaks they have a wonderful children's program! My neices, nephews and my own kids said it was one of the best and we have been on many cruises.

My husband likes to sunbathe on the topless decks if the ships have one. I think there are multiple reasons for this:cool:

1. The view?!?!? However whenever I went up to check on him the few women who were topless were on the older side (I could tell because their breasts were under thier armpits.):eek:

2. There are plenty of lounge chairs and lots of sun. (possibly lots of drink waiters, but not that I saw, probably because of #1 above.

3. No one under 18 is allowed on the topless deck. Therefore his children can not find him! However our son is now 19 so he will probably be up there with his dad the next time there is a topless deck on our cruise.

And I now can proudly say I qualify for the tits under the armpits classification so I may be out their also. At least my 14 year old daughter won't be nagging me.:rolleyes:

JBBNB

Archived