Travel Channel: Brilliance Of The Seas

Rowtyd

Since I'm on the 11-night sailing on 11/22 of the Brilliance Of The Seas, I found it interesting that the Travel Channel will be showing a special on 10/14 hosted by Samantha Brown(Girl Meets Hawaii, Great Hotels, Great Vacation Homes). This is her first cruise. In May, she spent 12-nights in the Mediterranean on the Brilliance. Here is a quote from her about taping this show:

"..For twelve days I explored Barcelona, Nice, Florence, Naples, Venice, Dubruvnik, Corfu and Rome. I quite literally had the time of my life.

When shooting a travel series, we often have to stage things in the interest of time. For instance, if I am doing a scene where I am enjoying a drink, this is what usually happens: the director calls 'ACTION!'; I say something, pretend to drink the drink, then the director yells 'CUT!' Drink goes away and we are off to the next thing. While on the cruise, for the most part, we shot things in real time. So, it felt like I was literally on vacation and there just happened to be a camera crew capturing it all.

When I saw the first cut of the show instead of watching it and critiquing myself thinking 'Oh, I should have done this or I should have said that.' I just sat there with a huge smile on my face because I was watching the most incredible vacation video of my life. So, I hope you enjoy the show half as much as I enjoyed making it."

Behind the scenes photos:

http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/samanthabrown/cruise/photo.html

thanks for the info. i'll definitely have to watch!

i've been trying for months now to book the 12 day on brilliance to the Med for next July (on the other itinerary, the Greek islands one).. but alas it seems almost impossible to find a cabin for 3 available for the July 23rd sailing... and the prices are sky high now! maybe i'll have to wait for 2006!

should be neat to see the brilliance on the travel channel!

Travel Channel is a Discovery network. The have presence all over the world, including the UK, where they go by the name "Discovery Travel & Adventure." They may get these specials eventually, but it doesn't look like they broadcast that "Samantha Brown" kind of programming on the UK channel, as they do on the US channel.

Not much chance of us seeing it in the UK for a few months if at all.

My son watched American Chopper on US tv in Feb on the Discovery channel while we were in Miami and got excited when he heard a new series of it was being shown here this month....again on Discovery....but alas it was the one he had seen,8 months ago.So I wont hold my breath for the UK to show the BOS programme here in the near future.....but heck I wish someone could prove me wrong......especially as parents on the ship at this moment in time.

Liz

Finely Cruising, VCR tapes from the US doen't usually work in the UK; they use a different transmission system.

But I suspect commercial videos of this will be available soon after this has aired. I missed the show about the Adventure, and a few months later, I bought the video on ebay.

The Discovery Travel and Adventure Channel currently is not showing any indication that it will broadcast this program. It is only being broadcast on the American cable Travel Channel. Sorry.

It is a violation of US copyright law to record the program and then email it to you. Even if it was legal, I'm not sure I know if the files would be in a format that you could read. They're not MPGs, but rather VOB files. Again, sorry.

For anyone that wants a reminder, you can go to the Discovery Channel/Travel Channel website and search the program guide for the show and then set up an email reminder for the day of the show.

They will email you a reminder for the program(s) you have selected for that day. There are actually 3 shows on Thursday night. I'll paste them below. Times are Eastern and as you'll notice, they repeat.

08:00 PM Travel Channel Presents Cruise Ship Secrets

09:00 PM Travel Channel Presents Samantha Brown's First Cruise

10:00 PM Travel Channel Presents Great Cruises: Radiance of the Seas

11:00 PM Travel Channel Presents Cruise Ship Secrets

12:00 AM Travel Channel Presents Samantha Brown's First Cruise

1:00 AM Travel Channel Presents Great Cruises: Radiance of the Seas

Discovery does make their programs available on video, quite often. However, only a limited number of programs are made available, due to commercial and licensing considerations. With regard to there travel-related programming, American Road Trips is available on VHS and DVD (but I'm not sure if either or both are available in UK-compatible formats), as well as a few other programs. Unfortunately, Great Hotels, Great Cruises, etc. -- those types of programs aren't available on video.

Archived