Travel Channel: Brilliance Of The Seas

Rowtyd

I asked a co-worker, who lives in Virginia, to record the show for me tonight. I asked him to start taping at 8pm (so that I can watch the cruise ship secrets) until 11pm (to catch Radiance of the Seas at 10pm).

We'll be watching Donald tonight too. We just started watching it 3 episodes again and we're hooked. All this time we thought it was stupid and now we're addicted to the show. :cool:

What fun to watch the show this evening. We traveled on the Brilliance two years ago and have cruised many times with Captain Michael when he served on board the Grandeur. Like seeing two old friends - the Captain and the ship!

Peggy

It was great! I've been waiting all week! I love Samantha Brown anyway but it was great to actually see her reactions to the "first cruise excitement", like looking out on her balcony for the first time! Brilliance is a georgeous ship! And her ports of call were beautiful! 4_1_100.gif

It was great! I've been waiting all week! I love Samantha Brown anyway but it was great to actually see her reactions to the "first cruise excitement", like looking out on her balcony for the first time!

Sophie, I agree! I got a real kick out of seeing things through this first-timers eyes! Too bad they didn't show more of the ship, but the ports were beautiful. :)

Too bad they didn't concentrate on showing more of the ship. Past shows on the Voyager on her Western route I think did a better job of integrating life on the ship with time in port.

You said it Ocean Boy, definetly not enough time spent showing the ship. But since RCI probably paid a bundle for that 60 minute commercial, I guess they wanted to focus on the ports of call. I've seen the one on the Radiance in Alaska before but since our next one is an Alaska land tour/cruise, I had to stay up and watch it again. Now where did I put that cup of hot chocolate????

Stretch

One in every crowd. I liked the show and WANTED to see the ports of call. Maybe because I know the layouts of so many RCI ships. Or maybe because we have never seen a 12 day European route. Either way we thought the show was excellent. Kudos to the film crew (the behind the scenes stuff on her website is great too).

I was actually impressed that they put her on a standard 7th deck balcony (her room number was clearly displayed during her "muster drill") rather than stick her in some huge suite and try to pass it off as a standard room.

The only downer is my DW is now dreaming of the day WE do the 12 day mega-cruise. My wallet is breaking...

I wonder how much plane fare is to Barcelona???

I'm with Arizona...I want her job too!!!

They should have done this in 2 parts. Part 1 the ship and part 2 the ports. It would have been nice if they showed everybody dressed up for formal night drinking the free champagne and meeting the captain so that people can see the elegance in cruising. Showing some of the different cabins would have been nice too.

I enjoyed the show but not as much as her other shows; although it was great to see her to go from skeptic to addict like us.

The show highlighted more of the ports than the ship, which as someone said was unfortunate. They should have made it a 2 parter. It also may have given some the mis-impression that the excursions were included. I can't imagine what a private tour of some of those places must have cost. :eek:

I was dissappointed that they didn't show more of the ship's interior. At most of the other resorts she goes to they ususally show the biggest / best / most exclusive / expensive room in the hotel. I had been looking forward to seeing the Royal Family suite & some of the other perks. Perhaps she could have interviewed the butler & the concierge. I was glad she showed her table mates & gave people a little insight into how that worked.

First thing this morning I looked up the prices for that trip -- still out of my league, but there's always next year. :)

Archived