Mini suite AE -- tub? wine? butler? housecoats?

skperson

Any information about the AE mini suites? I am thinking of ordering some wine to my room for our first day but if there is already wine provided, maybe not.....

Does anyone know the price range for wine or drinks in the lounges or at dinner? Since we'll have a balcony, I'm thinking we'll spend more time there than in a lounge. If it makes sense to pre-order, I will do that. ... especially if the $30 charge is a good deal.

I suspect the housecoats and butlers (separately.....!!) are not part of the AE experience. I had booked an AD suite, which I believe did include this, but when we added a 3rd person, we had to give it up because it only held 2. I could have given up the table instead, but that wasn't an option!!

What about tubs in AE?

Hope someone can answer these questions... there's so many of you out there with vast experience and knowledge. Thanks.

Are you talking about the Norwegian Sun? That's the only ship that shows that AE's are mini-suites.

From reading the description, I would say probably housecoats, but no wine and no butler.

On our cruise, we purchased a bottle of wine at the bar and were able to take it back to our cabin and then to dinner the next night.

My bad. Sorry about the typo. the category should read AF on the Jewel. I actually had an AE booked, but added a 3rd person and apparently none of the available AE suites could accomodate 3 people.

Any information about the AE mini suites? I am thinking of ordering some wine to my room for our first day but if there is already wine provided, maybe not.....

Does anyone know the price range for wine or drinks in the lounges or at dinner? Since we'll have a balcony, I'm thinking we'll spend more time there than in a lounge. If it makes sense to pre-order, I will do that. ... especially if the $30 charge is a good deal.

I suspect the housecoats and butlers (separately.....!!) are not part of the AE experience. I had booked an AD suite, which I believe did include this, but when we added a 3rd person, we had to give it up because it only held 2. I could have given up the table instead, but that wasn't an option!!

What about tubs in AE?

Hope someone can answer these questions... there's so many of you out there with vast experience and knowledge. Thanks.

We just returned from Alaska aboard the Star. The AE cat. is a penthouse suite on that ship (don't know if that varies on different ships).

We had the butler and conceirge, two comfy bathrobes, flowers, small bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our cabin. And, yes, there is a tub (even provided bath salts-nice touch). There was a seperate dressing area outside the bathroom with a vanity and a mirror. Plenty of storage space and two safes.

We bought our own bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne onboard. We got sweets, or cheeses each night (your choice) and a bowl of fruit. There is a "bar" with coffee maker, ice bucket, and a mini fridge.

We also ordered the Honeymoon/Anniversary Romance package, which is a really great deal-bottle of champagne, more strawberries, dinner at La Bistro with a bottle of wine, and an invite to the honeymooners cake and champagne party and a free photo.

The drinks in the bars range from $3.50 (some beers) to $12 (some wines and some martinis).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Have a wonderful cruise!

In the AE, we did have a butler and a conceirge. The conceirge (Simone)was WONDERFUL!!!! The butler was pleasent, but we didnt see him too much.

Also, you get invited to the VIP party with the Capt. and crew...very nice.

Since the OP is now talking about the AF, all the other stuff does not count.

The AF mini suite is an oversized balcony. There is a small tub in the bath. The couch is for the third person. Not very comfortable. Good luck with that. No butler at all. You will have bathrobes though.

Since the OP is now talking about the AF, all the other stuff does not count.

The AF mini suite is an oversized balcony. There is a small tub in the bath. The couch is for the third person. Not very comfortable. Good luck with that. No butler at all. You will have bathrobes though.

Isn't the AF smaller than an AE? How can someone sleep on an AF sofa?

Or is the inside of an AF larger than than an AE?

Sorry, I've never seen an AF.

Yes, I mispoke / mistyped myself. AF not AE is where I'll be.

Worse part is that I started with AE, 8132 specifically, so the confirmation said. And I paid for that room for two people.

When the 3rd person decided to join us, I called and was changed to the AF suite. No refund in price. plus over 1000 to add the 3rd. They said the price had increased for the smaller suite since I had paid. I thought the 3rd person should have only been around 700 too.

SO, thanks to all for confirming the advantages I almost had.

Not even the bottle of wine.

Not that I"ll let it spoil one second of the cruise though.

Thanks everyone for your info.:rolleyes:

Isn't the AF smaller than an AE? How can someone sleep on an AF sofa?

Or is the inside of an AF larger than than an AE?

Sorry, I've never seen an AF.

The couch folds out into a double bed. It's long enough to sleep on without folding out, but hard as a rock. AF is slightly larger than a balcony, smaller than an AE.

Archived