Solstice Eastern Med - Aug 17 2009

FiggyWig

Hi

We've booked through a travel agent for the eastern Med cruise 17 August. Having been given at Celebrity booking reference via the TA, and input this on "My Celebrity" on the X website a few weeks ago, I've been occasionally going back to the site and checking all is still ok - which up until now it has been.

Now for what ever reason "My Celebrity" says it doesnt recognise the booking reference, as well as that I can't find appear to find the 17 aug 2009 cruise on the X website at all.

Whats happened - anybody know ????

HELP

I would call your TA and have them contact Celebrity.

Solistice shows a hole from 17 August through 7 September, 2009. Maybe they are re-doing itineraries and have red flagged cruises while they do that.

Yipee, have confirmed with my TA and Celebrity.co.uk and they've confirmed my booking still ok - despite the fact that my booking still doesnt show up in "My Celebrity".

Suppose it will at some time. Will keep watching.

Do you suppose that's it now - would they dare make any more alterations ? Take 17 Aug out all together ? I see that's what they've done with the sailing on 28 Aug so as to make room for extending this one.

Next date after this is 7 September 09, so will it sit in dock until then ?

TA says my price will not change, could I expect Celebrity to make some kind of compensation for the messing about ?:rolleyes:

No-one seems to know, but I suspect there might be a charter in the works. I really, really hope Celebrity doesn't change back. We're all excited that Messina has been added and looking forward to going to Taormina.

I don't think compensation should be expected here.:( (I feel I actually benefitted from the change). In addition, the cruise is over a year away, and since airline bookings for August would not open until September (about 11 months in advance), we haven't had to change reservations, and therefore really have not been injured in any way. It the cruise had been cancelled, that would be a different issue (settled expectations, etc).

I hope that cruise reappears quickly because I have booked 3 cabins and we're already planning to meet friends in Rome beforehand!!!:cool:

On the Agent's website I see a roundtrip Rome, Eastern Med, 10 night cruise starting September 18, 2009, on the Solstice. Is that the cruise you are talking about?

Archived