Sky suite or Concierge

AlbertusMagnus

Ciao,

I have just booked a Sky Suite on the Solstice TA, 1st time cruiser on Celebrity. Can someone please tell me the differences between the Sky Suite and the Concierge level. Did I make the right choice?

The Sky Suite was more expensive, with butler service etc.

I have heard pros and cons.

Please, I would like your input.

Mille grazie,

Alberto

The differences I've noticed, in priority order.

SS is larger, of course.

SS gets priority tendering all ports...CC just gets in line with everyone else. Both SS and CC get priority embarkation/disembarkenation.

CC gets 6 tiny canape's per cabin each night...SS gets an assortment of sandwiches and such to choose from.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

We have a CC booked for Alaska next month. Did I make a boo boo?

If you are on the Mercury then with rare exception the cabin sizes are the same as the stardard balcony cabins. On the other ships the CC's are larger and there are the CC perks, we just question the value of them.

If you are on the Mercury then with rare exception the cabin sizes are the same as the stardard balcony cabins. On the other ships the CC's are larger and there are the CC perks, we just question the value of them.

Aft cabin on the Infinity.

we have been given priority tender passes in cc class--one of the reasons we booked it on that cruise--did not have excursions booked & were off the ship early-- I think it was gr Cayman & another port... other than that cc isn't so special---depends on the price differential & cabin location..

We had a nice room on the bacl of the ship on the Infinity, that had all the CC perks. But we changed it for the FV room same floor on the back of the ship. I think we did a good thing...yes, no goodies, but twice has much real estate and we have a 17 day cruise. I believe we did the right thing. We can buy that bottle of champagne, bring our own binoculars, and most likely ask for the towels with a $50 bill...that should get what we missed. :cool:

We had a nice room on the bacl of the ship on the Infinity, that had all the CC perks. But we changed it for the FV room same floor on the back of the ship. I think we did a good thing...yes, no goodies, but twice has much real estate and we have a 17 day cruise. I believe we did the right thing. We can buy that bottle of champagne, bring our own binoculars, and most likely ask for the towels with a $50 bill...that should get what we missed. :cool:

but how will you live without the 6 very limp canapes daily....there is no way that you can replace those!:rolleyes:

but how will you live without the 6 very limp canapes daily....there is no way that you can replace those!:rolleyes:

well...I will drink more champagne and get to dinner on time! Or ask for room service to bring us cheese...:p

Oh well, I am stuck with now:o .

As long as the price difference isn't too great, we would always choose CC on M-class ships.

The extra 21 square feet of floor space really makes a difference to us.

We also really enjoy the expanded CC breakfast menu. We have always had excellent breakfast service, and enjoy having our CC breakfast set up on the balcony, complete with tablecloth. Yes, I know you can "write in" requests for items that are not on the regular (non-CC) breakfast menu if you are not in CC, but I'm happy to know it's a perk I am actually entitled to.

I especially appreciate the pillow menu. I vastly prefer the goose down pillows, DH likes the Isotoner pillows, and I REALLY love the long body pillow. When I asked our butler in our Sky Suite on Mercury for the pillows from the pillow menu, he told us that they were not available...I had to ask our room attendant who got them for us. I have never had any trouble getting the pillows and the extra egg crates from our stewards in CC.

Those are the three things that we like best about CC. All of the rest of the perks, such as the Hansgrohe shower head, the flowers, the "champagne" (we have it with orange juice for breakfast :D ), the special departure lounge with continental breakfast, etc., are all very nice additions and we enjoy them.

The canapes that you receive every afternoon in CC take a lot of flak from Celebrity cruisers, and I don't care for them either. We always tell our steward on the first day that we would prefer cheese, crackers and grapes, and we always have had a lovely cheese and fruit plate brought to our room about 4:45 pm every day. It's very nice to have it with that glass of wine on the balcony as you wind down from your busy day in port. (My biggest complaint with Celebrity's canapes is that dry, tasteless "raft" the tidbits sit on. Surely, given all the complaints they have received, Celebrity could come up with a better canape).

We have always had superior cabin attendants in CC, and I may be wrong, but I think they assign some of their best people to the CC staterooms.

(My TIP: Print out the list of CC perks and take it with you. Sometimes, not all of the CC perks are in your stateroom when you arrive, and it helps to have the list with you so you know what you can ask for. The CC stewards are always been so accommodating and very prompt about getting us anything we have needed.)

Whenever arranging for accommodations on holidays, I often find that the little bit I invest in an "upgrade" is money well spent. It's not very much as a percentage of the whole cost of the vacation, yet, as a working wife and mother, I always enjoy the holiday that much more when I get to feel pampered. :) .

As long as the price difference isn't too great, we would always choose CC on M-class ships.

The extra 21 square feet of floor space really makes a difference to us.

We also really enjoy the expanded CC breakfast menu. We have always had excellent breakfast service, and enjoy having our CC breakfast set up on the balcony, complete with tablecloth. Yes, I know you can "write in" requests for items that are not on the regular (non-CC) breakfast menu if you are not in CC, but I'm happy to know it's a perk I am actually entitled to.

I especially appreciate the pillow menu. I vastly prefer the goose down pillows, DH likes the Isotoner pillows, and I REALLY love the long body pillow. When I asked our butler in our Sky Suite on Mercury for the pillows from the pillow menu, he told us that they were not available...I had to ask our room attendant who got them for us. I have never had any trouble getting the pillows and the extra egg crates from our stewards in CC.

Those are the three things that we like best about CC. All of the rest of the perks, such as the Hansgrohe shower head, the flowers, the "champagne" (we have it with orange juice for breakfast :D ), the special departure lounge with continental breakfast, etc., are all very nice additions and we enjoy them.

The canapes that you receive every afternoon in CC take a lot of flak from Celebrity cruisers, and I don't care for them either. We always tell our steward on the first day that we would prefer cheese, crackers and grapes, and we always have had a lovely cheese and fruit plate brought to our room about 4:45 pm every day. It's very nice to have it with that glass of wine on the balcony as you wind down from your busy day in port. (My biggest complaint with Celebrity's canapes is that dry, tasteless "raft" the tidbits sit on. Surely, given all the complaints they have received, Celebrity could come up with a better canape).

We have always had superior cabin attendants in CC, and I may be wrong, but I think they assign some of their best people to the CC staterooms.

(My TIP: Print out the list of CC perks and take it with you. Sometimes, not all of the CC perks are in your stateroom when you arrive, and it helps to have the list with you so you know what you can ask for. The CC stewards are always been so accommodating and very prompt about getting us anything we have needed.)

Whenever arranging for accommodations on holidays, I often find that the little bit I invest in an "upgrade" is money well spent. It's not very much as a percentage of the whole cost of the vacation, yet, as a working wife and mother, I always enjoy the holiday that much more when I get to feel pampered. :) .

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it!

I think I'll be just fine with my CC cabin now. I will ask for cheese and crackers for sure;) .

Happy cruising!

We have had both CC and Sky Suite on Century. In our case, Sky Suite was much larger -- I don't know the square footage, but it was noticeable. While they don't tell you, you can get any CC perk in a Sky Suite. Just ask your butler. For example, we wanted things on the CC breakfast menu that were not on our menu and our butler was more than happy to get them for us. Also, we didn't like the canapes and wanted shrimp cocktail and smoked salmon at cocktail time instead. No problem -- the butler brought lots of them, every day without asking.

The perk I liked best in a sky suite was the free capuccino any time you wanted it. And on C class ships, the free use of the T-pool, but the pool is gone now on Century :mad: The canapes the butler made for a party were wonderful sandwiches. Bed was great, too, and of course lots more walking space, larger balcony.

On CC we liked the breakfast menu, the cushioned chairs on the balcony (forget those binoculars. They are toys), and believe it or not, the sewing kit! And it used to be that CC had better bedding than regular balconies. No need for an egg crate.

But cost difference is pretty great. I'd stick with CC for cost.

We had CC's on two Constellation cruises (Baltic and Transatlantic) and a Sky Suite on her as well (transatlantic). The sky suite was wonderful! Nice and roomy and had a 6 disc DVD player, which adult daughter loved, and a regular bathtub/shower as opposed to a shower in CC. The butler catered to our daughter,who was seasick.He brought all she requested to eat as she spent so much time in the cabin. We were truly spoiled with the Sky Suite and if it were a bargain like we got that time, ALL cruises would be SKy Suites. There was no advantage to the CC cabins for us except for the square footage.

Our Sky suite on the Constellation TA last September came with the added "wonderful" presence of mold in the bathroom.:mad: After they spent 9 days trying unsuccessfully to eliminate the mold, they finally agreed to move us to another room, a CC on the next deck down. It was comfortable and clean but considerably smaller than our Sky Suite.

We were recently on Century in a standard outside room with verandah and found it more than sufficient for our needs.:)

Thank all of you for your responses. I feel that I made the right choice with the Sky Suite, for the size. Manyof you said we could ask for certain amenities as far as food service is concerned, and that's OK with us. The BW is a pushover for Cappucino, and she likes the idea of a constant supply. Also, we like to work out in the AM and then usually go to the buffet after the workout. Now, we can have breakfast served in our suite. Sounds good to me!!! Just some of the perks when you are retarded (sicXX!@#$^^&*) Sorry, I meant to say RETIRED.

Mille grazie,

Alberto

It looks like you customized your cocktail time snacks(shrimp cocktail). Was is without charge? First time cruiser question?:rolleyes:

We have had both CC and Sky Suite on Century. In our case, Sky Suite was much larger -- I don't know the square footage, but it was noticeable. While they don't tell you, you can get any CC perk in a Sky Suite. Just ask your butler. For example, we wanted things on the CC breakfast menu that were not on our menu and our butler was more than happy to get them for us. Also, we didn't like the canapes and wanted shrimp cocktail and smoked salmon at cocktail time instead. No problem -- the butler brought lots of them, every day without asking.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I know its like beating a dead horse - however, I would like to ask another Sky Suite versus CC question. I know that it comes down to a matter of space in regards to the size of these cabins but which is best?

Where is the best Sky Suite cabin location or cabin number on the Connie?

Where is the best CC cabin location or cabin number on the Connie?

Archived