Chumley's Bear Cruise Caribbean Princess 11/2/2008

bbenson

Rick, some of us are already going to be in San Juan too and are in the same situation.

The last I read of the "Gay" hotel they had decided to go mainstream and were not welcoming gay guests anymore. I could be wrong but I know I read that somewhere. And yes, I did read that that bar was very cruisey. Which is part of the problem....from what I can tell SJ doesn't have a gay "scene" it pretty much just has gay "hookup" places...know what I mean? I was just looking for somewhere low key to hang out and have a few drinks, which at this point appears to be the hotel bar if it has one. As far as gay bars go it looks like the only options are "Club Lazer" and "Eros" which are both dance bars.

welllll, scratch that....it doesn't appear the holiday inn express has a bar.... hmmm.......time for a back up plan!

Well if you all are going to be in SJ the night before you need to meet up somewhere and VIOLA!....Instant party crowd. But don't tucker yourselves out...you all owe me dances!:p

BTW DJzack you also owe me a picture for the webshots site!

Cya soon!

Brian, Roger forgot why he was going to email you, so came home to ask. LOL, old age isn't all it's cut out to be! So, you may yet get an email if he remembers ... he's really a fun guy ... may even kiss you on the cheek! But, Amy and I will be fighting for dances! DJZack, send Amy your pic! (Are you a real DJ?!?)

Rick, great to see your face ... your welcome to come have dinner at Pamela's with us!

Brian and Rick are either of you Cigar smokers?

Only when I'm trying to pull off a certain look in a leather bar! LOL Seriously, I have smoked them before and do make a habit of trying to pick up some cubans when I'm in the caribbean (mostly to bring home for special occasions) but I don't very often, it's really my thing unless the mood really strikes.

Brian and Rick are either of you Cigar smokers?

Hi, JerseyGuys!

No, I'm not a cigar or cigarette smoker, but that has never disallowed my entrance in some smoke filled venue. ;)

Judy, I would love to join you and Roger and any others at Pamela's. I'm sure you must have mentioned it on the other roll call, and in my hurriedness, I'm certain I missed it. Thanks so much for the invitation!!! Now, where in the hell is the place? :confused:

Amy, I won't tucker myself out, so I'll be able to save some dances for you - along with a few cocktails.

Rick

Page 3...Page 3??? Ok guys this is the last time I get to rescue this thread before I leave. I will be watching for you to board on the 2nd.

Be good until then....well if you can't...aww you know what to do ;)

Cya soon...Dorothy (look for the dark skinned fluffy gal with ruby slippers on... no..really!) :p

Everyone get their link to the Departure letter from Chumley ?

Rick,

FYI.. I don't remember what time you're getting in on Sat but there will be a land get together Bon Voyage gathering at the Atlantic Beach Bar on Sat from 4- 6 PM. All Welcome !!

Can't Wait !! now down to 6 days before leaving for SJU !!!

OOOWEE...OOOWEE BABY!! Don't you wanna take me on a sea cruise!!

Well WE'RE IN NEWARK!!! It's not the end of the world...but you can see it from here! (A little Continental Airlines humor).

Brian I will actually have on ruby slippers just for you!

I guess you all have heard that the CB came down with the dreaded virus on the cruise sailing now. This means bring some extra hand sanitizer....AND STOP TOUCHING STRANGE PEOPLE!smilie_allesgut.gif hee-hee

I will try to check in here mid-cruise and let you know how it is going. Usually they restrict alot of activities and the situation has to be monitored for 48 hours into the new cruise. If the number of new illnesses are below a certain percentage than the restrictions are lifted.

We will see.

Does anyone know how to get from the airportin SJ to the hotels. I don't see hotel shuttles soare there just taxis? Approx how much do they cost. My DD is joining us on the third week and needs some info. If you don't know now be ready for the quiz when you board :p

Cya soon...Dorothy

Brian you have mail.

Wishing you the best on your southerly journey !!! Looks like you will probably have pretty nice weather on the trip down I did read about the outbreak, affected 100 or so... :( ... Hopefully they'll have it under control for your trip.. probably will be delayed getting onboard though.. but well worth it to get rid of those "little critters"..

Taxis from the airport to the hotels aren't a problem. When you exit the baggage claim area, there are Taxi Kisoks run by the Taxi Commission. You tell them where, how many people and how many pieces of luggage. They write you a ticket, (It's all fare zoned pricing). You take the ticket to the taxi line and give the ticket to the driver. That's the price. It's pretty reasonable.

So Brian get's the "ruby slipper greeeting" !! What about the rest of us ??:confused:

Surely you're not packing that many pairs of shoes !!! :D I guess I'll settle for the "fluffy slipper greeting"...:cool: ..

Have a Great Time... Catch you in SJU !!!

Wishing you the best on your southerly journey !!! Looks like you will probably have pretty nice weather on the trip down I did read about the outbreak, affected 100 or so... :( ... Hopefully they'll have it under control for your trip.. probably will be delayed getting onboard though.. but well worth it to get rid of those "little critters"..

Taxis from the airport to the hotels aren't a problem. When you exit the baggage claim area, there are Taxi Kisoks run by the Taxi Commission. You tell them where, how many people and how many pieces of luggage. They write you a ticket, (It's all fare zoned pricing). You take the ticket to the taxi line and give the ticket to the driver. That's the price. It's pretty reasonable.

So Brian get's the "ruby slipper greeeting" !! What about the rest of us ??:confused:

Surely you're not packing that many pairs of shoes !!! :D I guess I'll settle for the "fluffy slipper greeting"...:cool: ..

Have a Great Time... Catch you in SJU !!!

Thanks Reli! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Archived