Chumley's Bear Cruise Caribbean Princess 11/2/2008

bbenson

Hi, Randy and Paul!

As Brian has mentioned, this is a small, but active (at times) group.

Brian, I did finally receive an email from this man named Paul from Chumley. He was quite succinct in explaining to me that unless I booked through Chumley I was, without any question, unable to join any of their excurisons or ship activities!

He then went on to explain that to become a componet of the Chumley merriment I would have to rebook my current reservation through Chumley. What the hell is that all about?

Randy, I've been on the Caribbean Princess before and am familiar with the aft adult only pool. That bar does come in handy! :D

I get a chuckle with this vision of the 'Chumley Doorman' checking ID's to enter the aft pool! :rolleyes:

Rick

Rick, sorry about that, I thought it might be like any reservation where you can just transfer it from one Ta to another but maybe becaues it's not just a run of the mill group that it's different.

But, I think you'll still be able to mingle on the ship by the pools and such anyway....cant see that being a problem.

We haven't booked any excursions as of yet. I don't know that I will, Paul was talking about maybe wanting to do a snorkeling thing.

Rck - The aft pool was still open to everyone. In fact we had two wonderful "older" ladies joining us almost everyday, and then of course there were the couples that would walk through or hang for awhile.

Brian - We're going down to SJU on Friday morning direct from JFK and staying at the Holiday Inn. So we will be there for the Haloween festivities., whatever they may be... I might do a costume if I can fit something into my two carryon's, I definitely won't be doing my Chrsitan Dior sequin dress and heels... LOL.. Then again, might throw something together cheap down there that I won't have keep with me...

BTW.. I'm posted for this cruise on ****************** a relatively new site. If you do check it out click on the Tab "see who's going". In the first panel, click on Chumley's, you don't need to fill in two and three. Then submit in the lower right corner. I'm in the mix there somewhere.. LOL..

Later !!!

Brian - We're going down to SJU on Friday morning direct from JFK and staying at the Holiday Inn. So we will be there for the Haloween festivities., whatever they may be... I might do a costume if I can fit something into my two carryon's, I definitely won't be doing my Chrsitan Dior sequin dress and heels... LOL.. Then again, might throw something together cheap down there that I won't have keep with me...

BTW.. I'm posted for this cruise on ****************** a relatively new site. quote]

I just can't decide whether to take a costume or not.. I usually pack light so I'm not all that concerned about suit case space but..don't wanna be the only dork in costume on the island since I've been told that Halloween is not a major holiday in the caribbean.

that website didn't post in the mesage....you can email it to me bbenson1980@aol.com

Hi Guys!

Welcome Randy and Paul. Be sure to go over to the other roll call and weigh in. That roll call is quite lively also.

Rick who did you go thru to book your cruise? If it was Princess you can callk them and have them switch you to the Chumleys TA. You can also call theChumley's TA and they willbe able to get it done for you also. You keep your same room and everything. The commission check just goes somewhere else.

It's funny you mentioned FOD. My DH has started calling me Dorothy:p

If I was a pool goer I would be the little old lady sitting around laughing with you. However, I am a tad fluffy and my thighs have not been seen since 1983! BUT if they have a trivia contest by the pool I'll be there... spandex and all!

Brian I am plotting my strategy for the suite. I will systematically empty out the mini bar to take to my next cabin for week 2. I wiil pack two weeks of clothes and get my laundry and dry cleaning done on the next to last day for free. Any one cruising B2B (Brian and Rick you know who I mean) might say "Hmmm..Fluffy is wearng the same outfit she wore last week". To which I will say "Bite me". yback.gif

It's finally getting real for me. When you guys board if you can see the back of the ship I will be there on the balcony waving cheerleader.gif.

Seems like the CC Police didn't like me mentioning another website.. and in the interst of full disclosure.. I have nothing to do with the site or it's contents...Thanks Brian for bringing it to my attentiion.. So in the interest of fun and games... music references and downloads.. jokes.. AMY - RICK.. Jersey Boys..you know what I'm saying... Heres a puzzle mystery..

If you want to see my other posting for this cruise, or wish to post yourself, or MEET ME ON BOARD or COMmunicate with me.. follow the yellow brick road... ;) !!!

-Randy-

actually Amy, that's what Rick was saying...that the TA for chumley said he had to cancel his original booking and rebook through chumley...he can't just transfer the booking, which I thought might be possible but obviously I was wrong....... and really that seems like a lot of work because if he cancels what if they give his cabin away before he can rebook and since we're within final payment date would he still be penalized??? Big mess!

Good Morning, All!

Randy, thanks for the web site. Very interesting. I actually posted on the bear411 site (rick8100) - through the Chumley web site - long story...

Brian, you're correct about the CX and rebooking requirement of Chumley. Too much subtrafuge at this juncture. Anyway, my TA at American Express has worked with me for the past twenty-five years and I'm too loyal to switch - for any reason.

I wonder why they don't allow any TA to book these Chumley events? Seems to me they're missing out on potential bookings.

Amy, I think "Dorthy" fits you just fine! :D

This cruise is getting closer, but right now I have Hawaii on my mind - I leave 09/27!!!!

Rick

actually Amy, that's what Rick was saying...that the TA for chumley said he had to cancel his original booking and rebook through chumley...he can't just transfer the booking, which I thought might be possible but obviously I was wrong....... and really that seems like a lot of work because if he cancels what if they give his cabin away before he can rebook and since we're within final payment date would he still be penalized??? Big mess!

That sucks because I have done it in the past and it has been done to me...switching that is. In all fairness though I have never done it after final payment.

Jersey guys...of course I am saving dances. party-smiley-048.gifparty-smiley-048.gifparty-smiley-048.gif

Jessie is counting on it so I wont bother him.

As far as the website is concerned...you left great bread crumbs....but I wasn't sure if Dorothy was welcome in the land of OZ.

car-smiley-003.gifother_rainbows.gif

Amy really I think it has more to do with the fact that along with the cruise fare for chumley there is probably a portion set aside to pay for the extra parties etc...I can't say that for sure, having never been on a Chumley Cruise but that would be my guess...Either way we'll make sure between the CC'ers and the Chumley fellas that know him from CC that Rick will have a good time. I do bear runs pretty regularly too and know some fellas that have more fun than anyone and didn't register for the run. Which is a bit counter productive since the runs need the registration money to continue functioning but hopefully if they have enough fun they will do that the next time..... I always register for the runs simply because I don't want to miss anything!

Amy really I think it has more to do with the fact that along with the cruise fare for chumley there is probably a portion set aside to pay for the extra parties etc...I can't say that for sure, having never been on a Chumley Cruise but that would be my guess...Either way we'll make sure between the CC'ers and the Chumley fellas that know him from CC that Rick will have a good time. I do bear runs pretty regularly too and know some fellas that have more fun than anyone and didn't register for the run. Which is a bit counter productive since the runs need the registration money to continue functioning but hopefully if they have enough fun they will do that the next time..... I always register for the runs simply because I don't want to miss anything!

Brian,

You're the best! I so appreciate what you said.

Chumley, I'll admit, had me kinda confused, (only for a very short time, though). I mean, why should I have to crawl through cracked glass to obtain the keys? :(

Hell, I had an easier time getting into MIT!!! :eek:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to meet you guys - and show you how my 'type' has fun!

Rick

Hi Jeffery and Dick !! Welcome to the thread !!!

Hey Brian and Rick.. saw your pics.. now I know who to look for..:rolleyes:

Rick you must be counting the days till your Hawaii cruise.. Think kindly of us while sipping cocktails poolside..

Brian, in my post with the "clue", I neglected to mention you also. I just "sampled" the posts on the other roll call and I don't know how I missed Ya.. sorry...when I went back and followed it more closely.. I saw the number of times you actually were there..

Jersey Guys -- Sorry to you also calling you Jersey Boys.. Frankie Vallee was swirling in my head...

Amy - I'm not into dancing that much.. but if the Jersey Guys allow me to cut in.. I'll do my best

So now that I've done my mea cuplas for the faux pas'.. I will go and punish myself... :(

Take care everyone !!

Hi Jeffery and Dick !! Welcome to the thread !!!

Rick you must be counting the days till your Hawaii cruise.. Think kindly of us while sipping cocktails poolside..

I'm starting to think Rick is a professional traveler! (and if so Rick just email me the name of the company so I can apply!! It'll be our little secret)

Brian, in my post with the "clue", I neglected to mention you also. I just "sampled" the posts on the other roll call and I don't know how I missed Ya.. sorry...when I went back and followed it more closely.. I saw the number of times you actually were there..

No big deal there are over 1500 posts on the other board...at this point I doubt I remember what I posted!!

Jersey Guys -- Sorry to you also calling you Jersey Boys.. Frankie Vallee was swirling in my head...

I keeping wanting to call them that too. I have to go back and check each time before I do it.

Amy - I'm not into dancing that much.. but if the Jersey Guys allow me to cut in.. I'll do my best

You just need some liquid courage!! I know I do!

So now that I've done my mea cuplas for the faux pas'.. I will go and punish myself... :(

No need to go do all that...unless you enjoy that sort of thing...in which case...have at it! LOL

Randy, no need to punish yourself! Heck, I goof up all the time on my posts - as Brian said - there're so many we forget! Hey, I also put a post on, mmob (rick8100). What a nice site! Thanks for letting us know about it. The picture there was taken in Hawaii in May (hence, the lei).

Brian, I WISH I was a professional traveler. I do take a lot of vacations - but heck I work my f**k'in balls off so I deserve it. Being with the same corporation since I finished law school back in 1981 (yes, I'm 51) I have about 6 weeks vacation! I'm not wasting it.

Anyway, I'm not taking a cruise in Hawaii. This trip is laying by the pool/ocean (Waikiki Beach) as I'm only going to be on Oahu, and then getting in some scuba diving!

Ya never know what kinda trouble I'll get into. :)

Rick

The picture there was taken in Hawaii in May (hence, the lei).

you never need an excuse for a good lei rick!! LOL

but heck I work my f**k'in balls off so I deserve it.

You might not wanna do that....you might need those down the line somewhere!

Have a good time in Hawaii, take lots of pictures to share!

BRIIIIIIAAAAAN!!!!

Come out...come out...wherever you are!

I have Andy and Jack''s pic and I have Rick's pic but where is yours?...hmmm?

That goes for you too DJzack and Reli. Send your pics to amy417@att.net anmd I will post them on the community webshots page. The link is in my signature.

Archived