Chumley's Bear Cruise Caribbean Princess 11/2/2008

bbenson

Mike,

Thanks for that info on San Juan! That will come in handy for those folks (including myself) purchasing liquor to bring on board upon embarking.

I was just commenting, for the JerserGuys, on the purchase of liquor at our ports of call.

St. Thomas (one of out stops) and Cozumel, in particular, are the places where I personally witnessed the confiscations. But, come to think of it they had the stuff in shopping bags :o

Again, thanks for the info!!!!!!!

Rick

We did not have space in our carry ons so we went ahead and boarded the ship and then disembarked and went back to the liquor store in the terminal with an empty carryon to make our purchases.

And the best part is the prices in the terminal are lower than you will find anywhere else in the Caribbean;) .

Mike:)

You sure you don't wanna do this cruise so you can show us all the contraband tricks?

Ha! I wish.

I have sailed out of San Juan 3 times on Princess, twice from the Pan American and once from the Old Town terminal and their setup is basically the same. The last two times they were even serving free shots of rum outside the store to encourage you to purchase their products.

Have a great cruise!

Well it's not atlantis exactly, it's RSVP....and I believe the ports are matzlan, puero vallarta, and cabo san lucas...unless they change them from the typical run...which is possible, they might customize the ports.

Hey dude! How's life in the mtns? Do you get back to the rock very often?

You know I have looked at Hendricks but just haven't had the nerve to try it; but I will based on your recommendation. I tried and soon discarded Ten and Rangpur:( .

I haven't found anything as likable as BS.

I hope you will like it...I do....very smooth on the rocks.

Haven't been back since FF of 2006, until the &%$# sells, no money!

and help me out here..which Mike are you?

Clay

Haven't been back since FF of 2006, until the &%$# sells, no money!

and help me out here..which Mike are you?

Clay

I understand the quandry.:(

I just remember you from the KW CC boards.

There's a series coming on LOGO channel about the Bears cruises. I think its called Bear's Run. It starts August 2nd. I'll be sure to watch. Anybody expecting to be in it? :)

Yeah I know..what am I doing watching LOGO? Well I'm a sucker for romance movies and LOGO has some good ones. My favorite movie is Latter Days. I watch it every time it comes on.

Cya soon.

There's a series coming on LOGO channel about the Bears cruises. I think its called Bear's Run. It starts August 2nd. I'll be sure to watch. Anybody expecting to be in it? :)

Yeah I know..what am I doing watching LOGO? Well I'm a sucker for romance movies and LOGO has some good ones. My favorite movie is Latter Days. I watch it every time it comes on.

Cya soon.

Hi, Amy! :D

Watching LOGO?? You are too much! I like Latter Days, too!!!

OK, I happen to love Lifetime, a.k.a., the channel for women and gay men! :)

I'll be sure to watch the bear cruise.

Rick

darn..I don't get LOGO....dang Cox Cable!! wonder if I can subscribe online and Stream the shows? Just watch with one eye covered Amy, I'd for you to get blinded!! LOL Rick, I'm with you on Lifetime (except the movies) can you say Golden Girls?!?!?

JerseyGuys, I *think* you can cancel but you may want to read the FAQ on princess' site to see if it says anything about it.

darn..I don't get LOGO....dang Cox Cable!! wonder if I can subscribe online and Stream the shows? Just watch with one eye covered Amy, I'd for you to get blinded!! LOL Rick, I'm with you on Lifetime (except the movies) can you say Golden Girls?!?!?

JerseyGuys, I *think* you can cancel but you may want to read the FAQ on princess' site to see if it says anything about it.

Hey I'm an old fluffy desparate housewife...I'm keepin' both eyes open and trying to figure out how to download this from TIVO!:D

Rick don't you just love that movie? That is the cutest lil' Mormon boy.

Also you should be able to cancel your excusrion because they don't charge you until you get your sea pass and they add it to your shipborad bill. But like others have said check with Princess.

Also you should be able to cancel your excusrion because they don't charge you until you get your sea pass and they add it to your shipborad bill. But like others have said check with Princess.

You can cancel any excursion booked online on Princess up until about 36 hours before the excursion, where you can cancel on board. When you order online, the excursion tickets are in your cabin when you arrive. As long as you turn them in to the Shore Tour office before the excursions for the port close (check the Patter) you will get a full refund.

Otherwise, you can cancel online until about 6 days prior to sailing at which time they block your online reservation so no further changes can be made.

the threads not dead, its just hibearnating! LOL.... I'm so jealous, I wanna watch that but don't get LOGO

Brian as far as I am concerned you didn't miss much. The documentary mostly focused on five men in the Bear community. It allowed them to tell their personal stories about coming out etc and how they found a "home" within the Bear community. I was hoping it would focus more on the Community itself and its history, activiies and such. I am an old biker and I believe that is how the name Bear Run got started. I just think the Bear community has a classy, interesting story to tell and this documentary did not do it justice.

So because I got no answers last night... what is the difference in a Bear and a Cub.

So because I got no answers last night... what is the difference in a Bear and a Cub.

Well, that is a good question...and if you ask 50 people you'll get 50 different answers...the easy answer is bears tend to be bigger/older/etc and cubs tend to be be younger/smaller, etc...but others argue that it's more about a state of mind, physical attribute, or even sexual role...etc... Personally I think its a matter of self identification.... meaning..if ya feel like a cub, you're a cub, if ya feel like a bear, you're a bear. Though others would disagree.

honestly I think some people get way to hung up on bear, cub, otter, badger, wolf, seal, walrus, lions, tigers...(I already said) bears......

Well, that is a good question...and if you ask 50 people you'll get 50 different answers...the easy answer is bears tend to be bigger/older/etc and cubs tend to be be younger/smaller, etc...but others argue that it's more about a state of mind, physical attribute, or even sexual role...etc... Personally I think its a matter of self identification.... meaning..if ya feel like a cub, you're a cub, if ya feel like a bear, you're a bear. Though others would disagree.

honestly I think some people get way to hung up on bear, cub, otter, badger, wolf, seal, walrus, lions, tigers...(I already said) bears......

Sing along with me!!!

Some times you feel like a cub....some times you don't :D

Hope I don't get flamed for that violent-smiley-093.gif :eek:

Sing along with me!!!

Some times you feel like a cub....some times you don't :D

Hope I don't get flamed for that violent-smiley-093.gif :eek:

Flamed? OMG no, that was just to funny! BTW, if you need help with downloading stuff from TiVo I would be happy to help you. I download and burn stuff fairly often. You can contact me at the same nick yahoo.

Also, for bbenson I think that logo online does have the shows available to stream. The title was Bear Run, and it's part of their Real Momentum series. If you click shows look under documentaries. It does say full episode on the thumbnail.

Alan

I can't believe I am the one keeping this thread alive:eek:

Watching Bear Run and it is about the Bear community but not specifically cruises.

Amy,

You are just too much!!! :D Leave it to you to keep this thread alive.

I've been away on business, again, and haven't have time to post. This is the first chance I've had to drop in!

Amy, I agree with you about the Bear Run.

Alan, are you joing us?

Rick

Amy,

You are just too much!!! :D Leave it to you to keep this thread alive.

I've been away on business, again, and haven't have time to post. This is the first chance I've had to drop in!

Amy, I agree with you about the Bear Run.

Alan, are you joining us?

Rick

I wish, several of our friends are, but our cruise this year is with my family the week of Thanksgiving. I was reading the threads and saw the note from Amy about the TiVo so I replied. I know ya'll are all going to have a great time. Everyone I've ever talked to says that Chumley's cruises are what being a bear is about. So, maybe one year soon, I know that we would LOVE to do Alaska again (hint, hint) Or have you already done Alaska?

Archived