Chumley's Bear Cruise Caribbean Princess 11/2/2008

bbenson

yes it has been but probably most of the people going aren't also members of cruise critic..... but ya never know...maybe the thread will pick up as it gets closer to sail time and for those that missed it Chumley has posted the excursions...check the yahoo groups website or your email for more info<G>

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, that is our main ChumleysBearCruises Yahoo group. Each year there is also a private Yahoo group which is specifically for those who are sailing, this way we don't bother all of our main group members with all of the questions and comments.

Only four more months..!

-Chumley, Chumley's BearCruises

:cool:

I just booked this cruise, but not through Chumley. I was checking out GLBT roll call and found this one.

I'm not part of Chumley, but I hope to have the opportunity to meet some of you guys.

I'm single and traveling solo, but I've never had any trouble meeting new friends!

This will be my 6th Princess cruise and my 4th time on the Caribbean Princess - it is a teriffic ship. Princess does a fantastic job of making us feel at home, and Chumley made a great decision to go with Princess.:)

I'm spending 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post-cruise in San Juan.

Rick

Ummm...Amy...it blocked that word out....**** I'm hoping you weren't using bad language young lady! :-)

Actually Brian I was posting to the wrong site. so I removed what would have seemed like a stupid comment about a chicken wing recipe:D If you look at my edit reason you will see my mea culpa.

After today things seem friendlier over here. I May just hang around. So can I stay?...I don't eat much and I snore quietly :D

I think maybe Baycalif just waded into things without reading what had been happening. They seem to be a little uptight... did you read her post today about everything that is planned for the 10/26 cruise? I mean that's great but that cruise has what? 3 sea days? ours has only one and it's the last day... evening doing a meet and mingle is going to be hard on our sailing.

this posting is quiet, and thats ok, I think as time gets closer more people will find it...plus the "Chumley Bears" group has it's own yahoo group so all the internal communication is done there. Which is also quiet. I don't think most people get excited about a cruise six months in advance like I do. I'm excited researching them, excited booking them, and exciting going on them... and then I'm depressed...until I get to do it all again!!

Anyway Amy, don't sweat it...you keep doing what you're doing. I know the majority, if not everyone, enjoys the songs and jokes and stories. Just because a couple people don't like it why ruin the fun for the rest of us?

I think maybe Baycalif just waded into things without reading what had been happening. They seem to be a little uptight... did you read her post today about everything that is planned for the 10/26 cruise? I mean that's great but that cruise has what? 3 sea days? ours has only one and it's the last day... evening doing a meet and mingle is going to be hard on our sailing.

this posting is quiet, and thats ok, I think as time gets closer more people will find it...plus the "Chumley Bears" group has it's own yahoo group so all the internal communication is done there. Which is also quiet. I don't think most people get excited about a cruise six months in advance like I do. I'm excited researching them, excited booking them, and exciting going on them... and then I'm depressed...until I get to do it all again!!

Anyway Amy, don't sweat it...you keep doing what you're doing. I know the majority, if not everyone, enjoys the songs and jokes and stories. Just because a couple people don't like it why ruin the fun for the rest of us?

Brian,

I agree with you 100%. That poster is somewhat uptight - look at her epistle regarding the logistics of the cabin crawl. :eek: I mean, just say you'd rather not participate!

I wandered over to the Chumley yahoo group and, as you said, it is quiet. I even went so far as to put a profile on what is called bear411, which had a direct link from the Chumley page. A lot of guys going on the cruise have sent me messages - nice group! Quite a few single guys, like myself.

Rick

well, she seems to be calming down a little bit. Anyway, maybe everything will line back out...it was such a good roll call.

well, bear411 is an interesting website.....Rick, you're not a lawyer by any chance are you? Jerseyguys is on 411 as well......

Brian

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Rick...you are too funny.

Brian if you REALLY want a laugh I AM part of that gift exchange on the 10/26 cruise chat line. Today BayCalif just laid down her rules for the exchange on the thread. She is probably a really fun person. But the way she writes is as if its her way or the highway. YOU VILL DO THEES MY VAY OR YOU VILL BE PUNISHED:D

Brian if you REALLY want a laugh I AM part of that gift exchange on the 10/26 cruise chat line. Today BayCalif just laid down her rules for the exchange on the thread. She is probably a really fun person. But the way she writes is as if its her way or the highway. YOU VILL DO THEES MY VAY OR YOU VILL BE PUNISHED:D

Amy,

LOL! You're the funny one!!!! I read the post about the gift exchange. Honey, good luck! If I was on that cruise, I'd join you to keep you company. :D

Amy, you're welcome on this board any time! I can't wait to meet you!!!! I'm buying the first round!

Brian, yes I'm an attorney (corporate) and after I admit that I always qualify that I'm still a very nice guy :) I didn't realize jerseyguys were on there, too.

Rick

I'm sure she is a perfectly lovely person but yes, she is very authoritatize which I'm sure is more of an asset than a detriment in most cases but on vacation I just like playing it by ear...if someone doesn't show for the cabin crawl, big deal, or if we pick up a few extras...even better..I'm not sweating it..

Rick, now you've got me wanting to read about the gift exchance LOL

yes, I'm on bear411...have been for years.

Amy,

LOL! You're the funny one!!!! I read the post about the gift exchange. Honey, good luck! If I was on that cruise, I'd join you to keep you company. :D

Amy, you're welcome on this board any time! I can't wait to meet you!!!! I'm buying the first round!

Brian, yes I'm an attorney (corporate) and after I admit that I always qualify that I'm still a very nice guy :) I didn't realize jerseyguys were on there, too.

Rick

Rick that's good to know...I had sooooo many lawyer jokes. You guys are just too easy to make fun of. Only one easier is Bill Clinton :D

Looking forwad to meeting you also.

Amy, bring on the attorney jokes, please! I'm sure you have some good ones. On top of having to deal with attorney jokes (dead and otherwise) I've also had to deal with Polish jokes. Yep, 100% Polish!

Brian, I read Judy's post and agree with you.

Have a great day!

Rick

Found you guys! Never let it be said I can't read a clue when it's that obvious!

Amy, I knew you couldn't go without chatting ... glad to see you giggling over in the corner with the boys! Got room for one more?

Ha, lawyers ... now we're going to have fun, huh, Amy!?!

Found you guys! Never let it be said I can't read a clue when it's that obvious!

Amy, I knew you couldn't go without chatting ... glad to see you giggling over in the corner with the boys! Got room for one more?

Ha, lawyers ... now we're going to have fun, huh, Amy!?!

Hi, Judy!

Of course, you are welcome - there is no need to ask!!!! I'm happy you found our in exile group. :D

Glad you found the clues. :)

Brong on the attorney jokes!!!!

I have to get some work done - and I'm having trouble concentrating!

Till later,

Rick

Oh Rick..this it just tooo easy...

SO.... A Polish guy walks into a bar and the cutest girl in the bar walks up to him and says "You're so cute you should be a stud!".

He immediately runs out of the bar.

24 hrs later they found him crushed beneath a snow tire!!!

laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

Thankyou...Thankyou...I'm here all week..Try the veal! party-smiley-038.gif

Archived