Chumley's Bear Cruise Caribbean Princess 11/2/2008

bbenson

honestly I think some people get way to hung up on bear, cub, otter, badger, wolf, seal, walrus, lions, tigers...(I already said) bears......

I haven't seen the show yet but I think they mentioned 'badger' in the promos. I couldn't find any explanation on the Internet, so what is a badger?

not many guys actually go by badger......but basically, from what I understand, its the same body type as an otter...just a different name.

OOOOH! Sleek like an otter? Or furry like a wolverine? :cool:

OOOOH! Sleek like an otter? Or furry like a wolverine? :cool:

both....otters are furry.:D

One of my buddies says the difference between an otter and a badger is that the badger is a more aggressive perosn

both....otters are furry.:D

One of my buddies says the difference between an otter and a badger is that the badger is a more aggressive perosn

Uh-uh...Otters are sleek and sinowy and just fascinating to watch. Badgers and/or wolverines are sullen and muscular.

look otter ... wolverine ....... otter ... wolverine

otter1.jpg.30f9499c80486b2f73d048b92d4121f5.jpg

wolverine1.jpg.11feb1a3148eaa2dc6679b2fd98f22f7.jpg

Otter.jpg.f6aa2164efe56fbead506631121e08c0.jpg

wolverine.jpg.2c97bb905895dad85044ac18d909bb3f.jpg

yea...uh huh.....you might wanna rewatch the show 'cause those fellas don't looking nothing like the ones on the show<G> I'm just saying...maybe you took them home and took away the heavy objects and ironed out the six packs and super glued some hair on them.....maybe...and they might object to the super glued hair....or better yet..hot glue!!

And yes I'm just teasing....it gets downright silly when you start breaking down who is who and what is what...but, it's a hobby!

I wish, several of our friends are, but our cruise this year is with my family the week of Thanksgiving. I was reading the threads and saw the note from Amy about the TiVo so I replied. I know ya'll are all going to have a great time. Everyone I've ever talked to says that Chumley's cruises are what being a bear is about. So, maybe one year soon, I know that we would LOVE to do Alaska again (hint, hint) Or have you already done Alaska?

Alan,

Too bad you're not joing us. Actually, I've cruised just about everywhere but Alaska. On vacation I'm a scuba diving, sun, sand, beach and umbrella drink, kinda guy! ;)

I'm not part of the Chumley group. The first time I found out they were on this particular cruise was on the straight roll call!! I know we're all going to have a wonderful time. At least, I'm certain, we'll have a good group at the GLBT meeting. :D

Rick

Rick...there are tons of scuba divers on this cruise. Are you on for more than one week?

Amy,

I did see on the other roll call for this cruise - all the scuba divers. I'm on for only one week - couldn't take any longer as I have the Carnival cruise later this month.

I'm not planning on any scuba diving either cruise. I don't like renting any scuba equipment - and with my luggage already outta control what with my creams, lotions, clothing, liquor, liquor - - just too damn much trouble to lug tanks and the like.

Anyway, I'm going to Hawaii in Sept. and will scuba dive there. I FedX my stuff to the hotel. :)

Rick

Amy,

I did see on the other roll call for this cruise - all the scuba divers. I'm on for only one week - couldn't take any longer as I have the Carnival cruise later this month.

I'm not planning on any scuba diving either cruise. I don't like renting any scuba equipment - and with my luggage already outta control what with my creams, lotions, clothing, liquor, liquor - - just too damn much trouble to lug tanks and the like.

Anyway, I'm going to Hawaii in Sept. and will scuba dive there. I FedX my stuff to the hotel. :)

Rick

Well I will already be on the ship watching you guys board. So now I know to look for the one with the beautiful gleaming skin...and the case of liquor.

What Carnival ship are you on?

Well I will already be on the ship watching you guys board. So now I know to look for the one with the beautiful gleaming skin...and the case of liquor.

What Carnival ship are you on?

Hi, Amy! Happy Saturday!

For once I'm not at the office!! Already getting into the cruise spirit.

The Carnival cruise is on the Inspiration (my first time on Carnival) - out of Tampa. I'm going with my brother and sister-in-law - who live in Tampa. It is a 5 day job and was last minute for all of us. We only make 2 stops and I'm ashamed to admit I haven't a clue as to where. Although, I've been checking over the deck plans and know the location of every single bar! :D

My brother was too lazy to travel any distance to the ship! No, they have me trucking down to Tampa! :mad:

Anyway, looking forward to the short get-away.

Did see the opening of the Olympics. I agree, the buildings are incredible. Chicago is in the running for host city in 2016. Even by some remote chance we're actually chosen, there is no way we're going to be able to come close to what China has done.:rolleyes:

Rick

Yeah i think China did exactly what they set out to do. They raised the bar so high it can't be touched. Thier subtle environmental and political statements were sheer genius.

The guy they kept referencing who did all of the costumes is a true artist. Everything was just visually stunning. My favorite was the 2008 tai chi performers. Can you imagine how long these guys had to practice and the honor bestowed on them for just being picked to participate.

I'm on call this weekend and they woke me up around 2:30am and it took me 4 and half hours to correct the issue.:eek: What really burns my butt is this issue was something I tried to warn the team about all week but no one would take me seriously. Well they will on Monday. When I don't sleep...someone has to pay action-smiley-073.gif. I get so little rest now with my heavy work load and taking care of my Aunt.

I understand about the cruise. Sometimes all that matters is that you will be away from the job..it doesn't matter where you sail. I am such a control freak I always know everything! Worry about everything...try to solve every issue before it arises. Now Jessie...If I droped dead tomorrow he wouldn't even know what ship we were on. All he knows is he is gonna have a great time.:)

Hope your weekend is a great one.

Well I have to say a fond farewell to Isaac Hayes. That man was responsible for most of the kids born in the early seventies.

I don't know how old you are but if you ever get a chance to hear his Hot Buttered Soul albumn do it. The link below is the make out song of the seventies. If you ever went to a boys dorm room and he put this albumn on you KNEW what he was after. tsr.gif And I don't mind saying there were times this song would make you inclinded to "go along with the program" sexe.gif

All you youngsters out there do yourself a favor and listen to the entire song. It's 9 minutes but the instrumentals are still relevant. Still works for this old broad. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N8k3uJu6K8

well thats excellent Amy!! Hope they atleast gave you a discount!

Very small. Only because my TA sequesters so many cabins. I was a gty BG on this cruise so I didn't expect much respect. But hopefully when you get upgraded (you like that..when not if ;) ) I can make a better deal then because I am in a BB.

Crossing all fingers and toes. Can't wait to visit you in the Grand suite!

LOL, I wish.....actually its amazing that the GS doesn't cost alot more than a OS, PH, PS etc....but really, it doesn't cost that much more comparatively. To go from mini to full suite is something like 900 pp and to go from VS (lowest suite) to GS(highest Suite) is like $300 pp for double the room! You'd except the GS to be double the others. But really? what are the chances for an upsell to any kind of room? slim and to a big suite I'd say almost None, though never say never!

But, I'll enjoy my room all the same....my big thing is the balcony...I have to have a balcony for the fresh ocean air (and a little private sunning since I'm not the type to lay out by the pool)...other than that...it really doesn't matter.

Well I just did all of the searches on C751 for pics and reviews. Reviews are 50-50 about the balcony. While its bigger than most it has the "dreaded" beam that goes thru the balcony. It won't bother me because I don't plan to entertain nightly. Just me and the skinny man.

My plan is to raid the mini-bar of all of the freebies and carry them to my cabin for 11/2. Keep scooping up the toiletries so they replenish them. I love those little disposable loofahs. Utilize the larger room service menu. And the in suite dining. And explore the Thermal spa for free. We have 3 wonderful sea days on the 10/26 so i will get the most out of my suite experience. Then enjoy the ship the next two weeks.

Be careful sun bathing...Caribe decks are completely visible form above. That would be me peering down on you :rolleyes:

I plan to come out naked and completely blind the Baja deck so tey will leave us alone:D

yea, I've read about the "dreaded beam" on the balcony and ultimately thought it wasn't as bad as the "dreaded vent"...I did not know that Caribe balconies can be viewed from above...that is good information. Though from looking at deck plans and pictures online it looks like Aloha is exposed from above but that the decks below it are covered....hmmmmm

Rick,

Have a great cruise. Save some fun for November! Give us a review when you get back. I have only had one Carnival cruise and it was horrible but I am willing to give them a second chance....yeah I'm sure Carnival stays awake nights wondering if i will come back:cool:

Amy, you know Carnival execs just toss and turn every night wondering how they can win you back! LOL What I'm not sure I don't understand is why these cruise lines don't employ people as "mystery shoppers"....like...quality control...

Brian...BTW I was incorrect about the balconies. The Caribes can be viewed from above on the sides of the ship but I don';t think the aft is the same.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2182193370046005036WlxaQe show the side balconies.

I'm so jealous of Rick right now. I have soo0o much to get done before we leave I think I am going to lose it. But I will get it done. If all else fails I will go shopping in SJ and pick up extra supplies before the second week.

Archived