2 year old and jeans

Actually, if you can't tell from the smiles that it was a joke and an off handed reference to the countless threads around here about kids on ships then I would say that YOU give new meaning to the word that you put in quotes.;) :rolleyes:

Ocean Boy, I apologize... and that is exactly WHY I took it the wrong way... because there ARE so many kid haters (and just haters for that matter) on these boards that I just cannot seem to differentiate anymore, smilies or no smilies.... So please forgive me...:D :D :D

Sing to the tune of, "If I Had a Hammer"

If I was a Mod...

I'd close threads in the mor-ning...

I'd close threads in the eve-nin'...

All ov-er this la-and...

I'd close threads on chil-dren!

I'd close threads on tip-i-ping!

I'd close threads on fights between, the smokers and the chair-hogs,

Ah-alllll, Over this la-a-a-and...

oooooo, woo...

Ocean Boy, I apologize... and that is exactly WHY I took it the wrong way... because there ARE so many kid haters (and just haters for that matter) on these boards that I just cannot seem to differentiate anymore, smilies or no smilies.... So please forgive me...:D :D :D

No problem, appology accepted!:) We all misinterpret stuff around here from time to time.

Why is it in some posts you say you do not have a 2 year old and in others you say you do?????

It also seems that all the questions you ask are meant to insue an argument. Otherwise you would not have to start out a post by saying, "Don't shout". I would think a little more carefully about the posts you are posting. If it's just to start something, take it somewhere else.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=776188

Sometimes you never know what to believe on these boards...

You say on your "2 year old and jeans" thread you do have a 2 yr old...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14665146#post14665146

and then you say you don't in your "kids in pools" thread... that you are inquiring for your SIL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14688152#post14688152

But worse... in that same posting you say your apparent SIL is going to tell everyone her 2 yr old is potty trained so he can go in the pool.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...2#post14688152

Then you ask about your son wanting to book a cruise and has no credit card in your "no cc advice" thread. I bet this is really not your son you are referring to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=770116

You say 26 of you used one soda card? Then way at the bottom of that posting you say you were "just kidding lol". I wonder if you really did.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3987301#post3987301

How is anyone to know if anything you say is the truth or not?

Laura

Sometimes you never know what to believe on these boards...

You say on your "2 year old and jeans" thread you do have a 2 yr old...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14665146#post14665146

and then you say you don't in your "kids in pools" thread... that you are inquiring for your SIL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14688152#post14688152

But worse... in that same posting you say your apparent SIL is going to tell everyone her 2 yr old is potty trained so he can go in the pool.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...2#post14688152

Then you ask about your son wanting to book a cruise and has no credit card in your "no cc advice" thread. I bet this is really not your son you are referring to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=770116

You say 26 of you used one soda card? Then way at the bottom of that posting you say you were "just kidding lol". I wonder if you really did.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3987301#post3987301

How is anyone to know if anything you say is the truth or not?

Laura

Ha that is hysterical, at least she should have changed her user name to make it look like a different person posting. But then again she has multiple personalities. AND she claims to have gone on 3 cruises May, August and Sept all in '03. Seems she shouldn't have so many questions if she's cruised so much. LOL

Ha that is hysterical, at least she should have changed her user name to make it look like a different person posting. But then again she has multiple personalities. AND she claims to have gone on 3 cruises May, August and Sept all in '03. Seems she shouldn't have so many questions if she's cruised so much. LOL

Actually not a 'she' as 'he' asked about his wife's hair straighteners on another post :confused:

Sing to the tune of, "If I Had a Hammer"

If I was a Mod...

I'd close threads in the mor-ning...

I'd close threads in the eve-nin'...

All ov-er this la-and...

I'd close threads on chil-dren!

I'd close threads on tip-i-ping!

I'd close threads on fights between, the smokers and the chair-hogs,

Ah-alllll, Over this la-a-a-and...

oooooo, woo...

FUNNY!!!

Although, some threads should be able to be open for a valid answer and then locked... Someone might really need the info they are asking about and not be able to get the search engine to work. For example, I notice it never works when I try to do Advanced Search - and a general search brings up everything that has ANY of the words in it... giving one a LOT of junk to dig through before possibly finding their answer. I tried to search for "Gem Royal Suite" I got post about anything that had Royal in it, but not the Gem and not Suite -- etc etc etc

(I was trying to find out if the bed is actually round like the picture shows! That seems like it would be uncomfortable for anyone that is even average height! LOL)

No kidding! Saying 'we don't make exceptions because they are children' - sheesh - we do plenty of stuff for kids because they are kids - children don't lead the same lives as adults - they shouldn't be expected to behave as adults. I'd never put a 2yo in a suit and expect him/her to sit through 2 hrs of formal dining.

:rolleyes: Sigh ...

If anyone has a problem with a two year old showing up in jeans for dinner, I suggest they see a therapist ... soon.

-Also there is nothing wrong with teaching a child to appropriately dress for the right occasion. Its part of teaching your children life.-

Sorry - but you aren't teaching that when they are 2. 4 or 5 maybe - 7/8 definately - but at 2 you aren't teaching them anything.

It really has nothing to do with the child - at that age it's about the parents - they are a doll for them to dress up and put on display, even if it makes them horribly uncomfortable - shows no concern for the child.

I don't think it has anything to do with 'having a problem'.

OP asked opinions and that's what he/she got.

Also there is nothing wrong with teaching a child to appropriately dress for the right occasion. Its part of teaching your children life.

Your therapist comment is totally inappropriate.

And I applaud most of the posts.

To others who mentioned something about screaming two-year olds:

As much as I could rage about kids in restaurants and the lack of parental supervision and authority I must say that I rarely saw young kids misbehave. On the other hand I have seen adults and older kids misbehave and in some instances eat like they are eating out of a trough at home and were just released for the first time into the public.

;)

Just keep in mind that the Caribbean is hot and humid in the summer, so he might be more comfortable in lighter weight material.

BUT bear in mind that the dining room (and other indoor areas) may be overly cooled. I found this on my cruise a couple of weeks ago...it didn't feel very tropical in the dining room at all! The little sundresses and sleeveless tops that I wore gave me goosebumps!

Awww, spring for the little dress-up outfit...they're so darn cute (and probably cheaper than jeans anyway)

But honestly? Anyone who REALLY cares what a 2 yo is wearing to dinner has some SERIOUS issues!

Hmmm not in any schools I've seen.. maybe in the 1930's! :eek:

The private prep school in North London that my son only left 2 years ago when he was 13 .... perhaps you need to check your information

However this was only an example, I personally feel that dressing a 2 year old in a tux is totally inappropraite attire for this age. Nothing to do with how to dress correctly, you would be dressing him as an adult which he clearly is not. Would you dress a little girl in a fitted evening dress, no ... she would wear an evening outfit appropratie to her age.

BTW I think the sailor suit looks lovely, perhaps needs something slightly more grown up though, perhaps a two piece.

I wouldn't dress him in jeans, I think you would regret it from a photograph point of view if nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Adventure. I was appalled at how some people dress when coming into the dining room. An NBA jersey is not appropriate for dinner. Why do you teach your children that they don't need to follow the rules - it says NO JEANS or tanktops for dinner. If that is the rule, why do you need to break it? Lily lovvveed wearing her dresses for dinner - it made her feel special & grown-up & she is learning to act appropriately in different situations.

Yeah, so I really don't want to see crocs & cut-off jeans in the dining room at dinner. To me it means that they don't appreciate the experience they're getting and I dislike that entitled feeling that says since I paid for something, I can act any way I like regardless of the rules.

Why not let this thread die a natural death :rolleyes: The OP posted 2 inflammatory threads (this being one of them) and disappeared. Let's not give him the satisfaction of knowing the pot is still being stirred ;)

Why not let this thread die a natural death :rolleyes: The OP posted 2 inflammatory threads (this being one of them) and disappeared. Let's not give him the satisfaction of knowing the pot is still being stirred ;)

BRAVO AND AMEN!!

FUNNY!!!

Although, some threads should be able to be open for a valid answer and then locked... Someone might really need the info they are asking about and not be able to get the search engine to work. For example, I notice it never works when I try to do Advanced Search - and a general search brings up everything that has ANY of the words in it... giving one a LOT of junk to dig through before possibly finding their answer. I tried to search for "Gem Royal Suite" I got post about anything that had Royal in it, but not the Gem and not Suite -- etc etc etc

(I was trying to find out if the bed is actually round like the picture shows! That seems like it would be uncomfortable for anyone that is even average height! LOL)

When I use the CC search, I use as few words as possible and start out searching in the best place, for ex. your specific cruise line's thread, or port thread, etc. So I wouldn't start using the word 'royal' or 'suite', but 'gem', because it is the least common word, in the appropriate forum (you will still get lots of Diamonds International threads, but you have to start somewhere). If you have a specific cabin number, just search that particular number; that sometimes works faster.

If that doesn't work, (and often it won't) google a phrase or sentence (as opposed to one word) and you will probably get at least a few CC links.

Try it! Never give up your search for information!

I agree........I saw this thread this morning..........I thought if we wait long enough the kid will turn 3 and then becomes a whole new thread;)

Archived