Romance Package

lhall85917

There should be a "letter" in your cabin when you embark - or shortly after which you then have to bring to LeBistro (make a reservation first) when you dine. Not a problema at all. The Romance package includes a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolate covered strawberries, served in your room (usually at embarkation) Dinner for 2 at LeBistro including a bottle of house wine, the waiters will come and sing "Let me call you Sweetheart" during dinner (or Happy Birthday) - serve a 1 layer cake (which you can take back to your room if you like) There will be a "Party" timining of which will be in your letter - cake and champagne (one glass) Free 8x10? photo - taken during the party. It's a great package we use it every time we sail.

Exactly our experience on our honeymoon on the Star, 'cept we had many more than one glass of champagne at the "Party" and a nice honeymoon pic with the cake. I gotta say that the staff and ass't CDs who were working this event were AWESOME, we felt very welcome :)

I have been reading this with interest and thought what a good deal this was, so I rang NCL customer services here in the uk and was told that the cost for us is £59 that is about $110 at the current exchange rate.

Do you think there is any way that I can book this by email at the US price?

Can anyone tell me who I should contact please?

It seems like we in England are getting a bad deal here !

I have been reading this with interest and thought what a good deal this was, so I rang NCL customer services here in the uk and was told that the cost for us is £59 that is about $110 at the current exchange rate.

Do you think I could mail the ship coordintor?

If so does anyone know the correct address?

We purchase this package on every NCL cruise we go on. In fact, I just purchased it for our June 8th Dawn cruise. We think its a great deal. We do not go to the party and usually don't take advantage of the picture. More often than not, we forgo the cake at dinner, too. We like the dinner at Le Bistro with wine, we use our champagne for mamosa (sp?) each morning for our in suite breakfasts, the strawberries are a nice desert after dinner. I just think its a good deal.

Had the package on the Dawn earlier this month. The champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were in our cabin upon arrival. We got the letter for the package in the stateroom and promptly lost it. No problem,they had our name down when we made the reservation. Went to the cake and champagne party for our "free picture" and had more than one glass of the bubbly and a piece of a large cake. DH does not drink and asked for and was given a ginger ale. Each couple took their picture in front of the cake with champagne flutes in hand. Fun!!!!!

The meal at Le Bistro was great we asked them not to sing, they obliged us and gave us a small layer cake to take back to our cabin. We had the house white wine which was fine and the chocolate fondue and the creme brulee for dessert. We ate the cake with room service coffee the next day. Cake was very good.

To book the package with NCL here in th uk it costs £59 which is about $110 dollars, seems a bit expensive for us brits.

Do you think it would be possible to book through the US by email?

To book the package with NCL here in th uk it costs £59 which is about $110 dollars, seems a bit expensive for us brits.

Do you think it would be possible to book through the US by email?

You might just try printing the form and faxing it in??? I dont know if it will work but that was how I did it state side.

We always order this package. It is a great deal. To OP, I don't know why you don't want to go to Le Bistro; it is wonderful! We always skip the party though. We brought our bottle of sparkling wine home for another time. Oh, and don't forget the canapes!

If you know someone here in the US, have them order it for you as a gift and you just re-imburse them. That could work...

I'm thinking getting this package as a surprise for my DH. We're going to Alaska for our 10 year wedding anniversary.

Is it worth it if we don't drink alcohol?

Can the alcohol be substituted with sparkling cider or something?

I'm thinking getting this package as a surprise for my DH. We're going to Alaska for our 10 year wedding anniversary.

I don't think it is worth it if you don't drink alcohol because it includes a bottle of wine at Le Bistro.

You can request non alcohol substitute for the wine

The cake is a communal cake at a party they give for everyone who has the romance package. My wife refuses to go. Anyone one want to go as my wife on the 8/30 majesty cruise---you have to already be on the cruise I am not taking you and my wife on the cruise (although if you are 21 and pretty you can go as my nurse :)) this is just to the cake party :)

I know how you feel!!! My DH doesn't want to go either!!! It is actually our 10th Wedding Anniversary and I was thinking it might be a nice touch for dinner etc if the kids are at the kids club BUT he would HATE people singing to him!!!!

How do I go about booking it anyway ;) :p Can it be done through my TA or is it done direct through NCL?

I know how you feel!!! My DH doesn't want to go either!!! It is actually our 10th Wedding Anniversary and I was thinking it might be a nice touch for dinner etc if the kids are at the kids club BUT he would HATE people singing to him!!!!

How do I go about booking it anyway ;) :p Can it be done through my TA or is it done direct through NCL?

In the UK NCL brochure it says to call and the price is £59, if you can find a way to book through the US it is $79. I'd be interested to hear what you decide, and if you can find a way to book in dollars?

:D We got it for free!!!!

Our travel agent mentioned to NCL at the time of booking that we were cruising to celebrate our 18th Wedding Anniversary on the Gem on 13th July and they added it for us without a charge!!

Also gave us the Kid's Cruise Package for our 11 year old son for free.:)

Only our 2nd ever cruise (both with NCL) so it can't be because we are such great customers.

Our travel agent mentioned to NCL at the time of booking that we were cruising to celebrate our 18th Wedding Anniversary on the Gem on 13th July and they added it for us without a charge!!

Only our 2nd ever cruise (both with NCL) so it can't be because we are such great customers.

Cool :D Who did you book with?

It was free if you booked before end of Feb. did you book early?

Probably could of got the cruise cheaper if we had shopped about a bit, but we like the idea of booking through a local TA.

The Kids pack includes an NCL rucksack, t-shirt, cap, souvenir cup and wrist band for free fizzy drinks for the entire cruise. Thats what was in it on our Pearl cruise last year anyway.

Usual price is £29 for 7 day cruise, so if your children drink fanta, coke, diet coke etc it's definately worth looking into as the bar prices for these drinks certainly add up. We also got the drinks programme for DH and myself as well, can't remember just what the cost for us is but as we both drink a lot of diet coke it certainly makes sense for us.

Don't know if you can book the romance pack throught the US if the booking is UK, think I tried once and it was not possible,

Most of the pre-book offerings are much more expensive UK than US.

Best to book through the US and save more money on the cruise as well.

Marjrie

I booked our cruise on the web direct with NCL. I must have been on ncl.com as the payment was in dollars. I tried to call UK guest services to book the romance package, but was told that I would have to call Miami! I have sent an email to NCL Europe but they haven't replied. I had no idea that prices were cheaper via the US! Perhaps it's a good job that I appear to have booked through the US!

I am disappointed with the NCL website though. There are no email addresses, and as I am not willing to pay to call Miami I guess I won't be buying the package at all! Money lost to NCL...!

If you have internet then you can use a VOIP service to call, skypeout is one that does cheap calls.

Once booked through the US it is deal with the US for the booking from my experience cheaper anyway if the UK book a extra you pay UK price.

Still worth the call to get the romance pack if you are going to eat in the Bisto and will drink two bottles the rest of the package is extra.

Bistro+2bottles=$80+ cheapest wine is $25with tip.

Hi. Since you have 6x experience :D with this package, I have a question about the sparkling bottle of wine. Is it a standard-sized bottle (750 ml)? I ask because a new review of a recent Star trip to Alaska referred to a "...small bottle of champagne was chilling....".

Also, does anyone recall what the included "house wine" is in Le Bistro?

Thanks.

That might have been in my review....we actually had two bottles chilling!

One was a small bottle of Moet...probably a suite perk?

The other bottle was a full size (not Moet) bottle...that came with the romance package.

We upgraded to a nicer bottle of wine with dinner and just paid the difference. I think it was a $25 credit toward the better wine. (A little fuzzy after all that wine and champagne..;) :rolleyes: )

We didn't need to show our letter at Le Bistro or the Photo gallery...they had a list at both places with our names on it. Didn't show anything at the champagne and cake party either.

Archived