When is a child classed as an adult on RCCL?

I just noticed that my 12 year old daughter has been classed as an adult for our IOTS cruise around the Med. I have paid the same price for her as my 10 year old, as they are in our cabin so that's not the issue, but when it comes to purchasing soda cards/excursions and so on will my 12 year old have to pay adult rates for everything? (she turns 13 during our cruise) :confused:

The cut off age for the soda card is 18. So up to 17 it´s kids rate and from 18 it´s adults rate.

For shore excursions it´s children between 4 to 12 are paying child fares from 13 up adult fares. (Not sure if this may vary but it´s what is in my shore excursion brochure)

I just noticed that my 12 year old daughter has been classed as an adult for our IOTS cruise around the Med. I have paid the same price for her as my 10 year old, as they are in our cabin so that's not the issue, but when it comes to purchasing soda cards/excursions and so on will my 12 year old have to pay adult rates for everything? (she turns 13 during our cruise) :confused:

Nope - the cut-off age for the soda cards is 17 - she will not be paying adult rates for that. As for excursions, I would think that each one would depend on the individual tour operator as to the cut-off age.

The classification, I believe, depends on the activity. For shore excursions I believe the cutoff is 12. The soda cards I believe are under 18 for the reduced rate, and of course it is 21 for liqour. Hope this helps.

Wouldn't it be nice if they were all the same ... 21?

This is the RCCL policy for booze and gambling. I would think the same would apply for excursions (she will be considered 12 for the entire cruise):

Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to ask for proof of age. Royal Caribbean International's age policy for gambling and consumption of alcoholic beverages is as follows: Please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise vacation.

When I booked our excursions for an upcoming cruise my DD was 12 and the on-line system would not let me change her age since she would be turning 13 prior to our trip. I was hoping to slip by but then I got an e-mail that her excursion had been cancelled! I quickly replied and they agreed that the system had cancelled it due to the age change. At my request they rebooked it immediately.

Archived