Grandeur Bashing on News

I just sent the following to the Fox station (Fox5DC) that ran the stupid interview ....

I'd like to request that FOX follow up with some other people on the sailing that this woman was referring to. I have spoken with many people that have cruised before, as well as some that were on this sailing. Your interview was completely one-sided and unfair to Captain Rob Hempstead and to Royal Caribbean. I did that exact sailing one month ago. Yes, the Atlantic ocean is rough .... duh. So is flying into a thunder storm. Please look at both sides of a story before you scare more potential cruisers.

we should send them a link to CC...let them read for themselves what real cruisers think...

I was on this cruise and it was my first. Capt Rob did his best to stay ahead of one storm, while staying being the lead storm. Like I said in my post on a different thread, they can't control the weather, just deal with it. What they didn't mention was 12 hours after we left Bermuda, it got slammed with a hurricane. Being prior military I would rather face a storm at sea, then docked in port with no where to go.

Good grief... this is getting crazy. I can assure you that Bermuda was not hit by a hurricane last week. Wow. There may have been some wind or wind gusts that were near or maybe even reached hurricane strength, but that is a world of difference.

Wow!

Theron

This woman should never step foot on a boat or ship again if she doesn't realize heavy seas are one of the risks! Is it me or has RCI become the media's punching bag of late? I'm sick and tired of it since RCI hasn't done anything I don't agree with.

Kinda sounds like "Chapter 2: To review Chapter 1--There are waves in the ocean. Sometimes they're big ones."

OK I just loved this!!

and to my friend DundalkHon....from the looks of this thread, ya might have to sit in my lap in that pool chair! gonna be alot of people fighting for her spot:D

Archived