Who likes the singing waiters?

babywewe

I see people get very excited on this board about the singing waiters. Maybe I missed something... maybe at some point the waiters sang and danced more (and better)...

I just don't get it. I didn't find it entertaining. It was as hokey as a sweet 16 DJ. AND I felt bad for the waiters as they had tables to get to and things to do...

The singing waiters are NOT a highlight of my dining experience thats for certain. I too feel sorry for those guys having to do that week after week....To me it really is unappealing and I actually think it should disappear from the regular routine. But, many like it I am sure.

I remember this from my first cruise in 96 on the Fantasy. It was kind of hokey, but it was quite a spectacle too. But if it is putting a strain on the crew to provide good service, than I wouldn't miss it

I think it is one of the worst things that CCL still does. If it needs to be done, keep it to one night only. It is hard for our waiter to get our desert before having to break the tranquility of the dining room with the "dancing". If CCL really wants to stick to tradition, drop the singing and bring back the rum swizzle parties!

I cruised for the first time last summer and I thought it was fun. Just added to my "fun ship" cruise. If they didnt like doing it they sure are good acters. Always cutting up and slapping each other on the back and cracking up at each other. We're taking the kids this summer and that's one thing I know they will enjoy. It's so different than what they are used to.

I would pay extra if they didn't do it. I think it is the cheesiest thing ever. It must be humiliating for the servers and I feel sorry for them.

I agree completely, it doesn't belong in the dining room when you are trying to have a nice meal. It takes away from the dining experience and you know the waiters don't have time for it.

Yes, the singing and dancing waiters are cheesey, silly, hokey...........but,

it's tradition. I kind of look forward to it.........I'd hate to see it go.

I strayed to another cruiseline (once) and I really did miss the singing and dancing in the dining room.

It was fun the first time, amusing for about 4 more times, until you realize most of the songs are all the same. Sure some are better than others, but if it intrudes into the dining experience, gone. It is this last group that most of the singing and dancing falls now.

Sorry. Just feel that way.

I see people get very excited on this board about the singing waiters. Maybe I missed something... maybe at some point the waiters sang and danced more (and better)...

I just don't get it. I didn't find it entertaining. It was as hokey as a sweet 16 DJ. AND I felt bad for the waiters as they had tables to get to and things to do...

Hummm... I've always thought it was a lot of fun... I can't remember a time when they didn't get a huge round of applause...

Guess I'm hokey...

:confused:

It is a tradition that we do look forward to when we sail Carnival as it still reminds us of our first cruise in 95. It's not quite as festive as it was back then. It would be fine with us if they cut back to 4 nights and didn't do it every evening but we would miss our Carnival cruises if it were to totally disappear.

You do bring up a good point dclark....I cannot count the # of times the meal is disrupted so the waiters can go do their nightly song and dance routine.... I vote for it to go away !

Like you really had someplace to go? We enjoy it, and noticed that the songs had changed a bit from our last cruise on the Miracle. I think that the vast majority of the waitstaff enjoy it as well. It is part of the "package" that is cruising...at least as we know it.

Now if you don't like it, I guess there is always the hoity toity dining room on the Queen Mary 2!

On the Glory in April, not sure what "theme" it was that night but they all were wearing the red white and blue jackets with the frills. I talked our waiter into letting me borrow it to dance with them.....:eek: We had a blast and our waiter became our best friend.

If I could figure out how to throw the picture in the post I would...hmmm, that's got me stumped.

I feel very uncomfortable when the end of the dinner comes and they play that music. I want to leave. The singing and dancing is not professional or entertaining . I feel sorry for the wait staff, been there done that. Alot of hard work, I managed and worked in a Restaurant for 15 years.

Like you really had someplace to go?

Now if you don't like it, I guess there is always the hoity toity dining room on the Queen Mary 2!

Sad that you could not comment without a nasty remark..... I merely stated that it does disrupt the dining experience and many times the service of the meal IMHO. I never attacked your comments and will not lower myself to your level by starting now :D

Archived