Who likes the singing waiters?

babywewe

I found it kind of weird that the waiters would be singing and doing the chicken dance at dinner. My best friend knew how to do the dance, which I found even stranger, but it turned out to be good old fun. Couldn't stop laughing. Wouldnt try it or join in myself though, maybe the next cruise I will.

I'm not crazy about the singing and dancing. Honestly, I feel embarrassed for the waiters. I'm sure some of them might enjoy it, but most look like they'd rather be anywhere else. Or maybe I'm just projecting my discomfort on to them, because I know once it all starts, I wish I was somewhere else. :rolleyes: But somehow, I never seem to make it out of the dining room in time.

I would pay extra if they didn't do it. I think it is the cheesiest thing ever. It must be humiliating for the servers and I feel sorry for them.

I have to agree. On the Legend last month, our head waiter was actually an older gentleman from Honduras. I could tell he felt uncomfortable having to do the dances and it made me uncomfortable for him. I felt like he was already working hard enough and shouldn't have to entertain me on top of the 1,000 other responsibilities he has; it made me feel bad. Just my opinion.

:DI enjoy the singing and dancing every night and my last cruise actually had a waiter that was the best dancer on the ship. He got on top of the platforms and boogied down every other night and he loved every minute of it. He also told me his favorite thing to do in his down time is searching the internet for new dance moves!

I like the dancing waiters I think it really brings out what a fun ship is all about I sailed royal Caribbean this past November I really did miss the dancing waiters all I can say is that if u don't like them u should try a different cruise line I can't wait for my next carnival cruise

I got a kick out of it. I saw no one in our dining room complaining. Everyone was laughinhg, taking pictures, and cheering them on.

I feign a smile so that it hides my disdain for the event. I am happy that many people apparently do enjoy it. It is not mine to take from them.

That, though, is not reason enough to jump ship (lines)!

Tom

I feign a smile so that it hides my disdain for the event. I am happy that many people apparently do enjoy it. It is not mine to take from them.

That, though, is not reason enough to jump ship (lines)!

Tom

LOL, I think we missed it on our first cruise. I just remember them singing the "Leaving on a Cruiseship" song to the tune of that Jetplane song.

This time they were standing on those round pillars they sit the platters on and had a sort of Ricky Ricardo salsa red/white/blue frilly things on their arms.

It didn't interrupt dinner since it was during dessert anyway. I liked seeing them happy. I mean they have to hustle and bussel to get all that food all over the place so seeing their chipper was nice. They looked like they were enjoying the fun

Add me to the "I love it" column!

On my last 4 day cruise, they only did the song and dance one night and the conga line the last night. The first two nights they did not do it. I guess every night could get slightly annoying.

Our waiter and assistant seemed to LOVE it. They were both good dancers and were really showing off...of course our table was giving them plenty of encouragement. :D

I can live without it. On the Triumph one night the song they did went on and on. Dinner was put on hold for a long time. The wait staff was still trying to figure out who was doing it after it started. Lot of them looked like the didn't even know what they were doing.

We just came off the Pride in May which was our 3rd Carnival cruise and each time we had the singing waiters. Now some are better than others and some of the waiters really get into it. In May several were dancing on the tables! They were singing and dancing and smiling and looked like they were having so much fun! I guess it is like anything you either like it or yiu don't. Each cruise line has something unique to them and maybe this is part of Carnival's uniqueness. I saw many, many smiles and lots of laughter during the "show". I know my GK's really look forward to this part of dinner.

Shankiko

No more tacky singing waiters, please! It's like really bad karaoke night in the dining room, only there's no hope that someone else will step up to the mic and rescue the audience. Our whole table on the Triumph didn't like it. The poor waiters have to act like they enjoy their musical humiliation which they get to reprise for early and late diners. The diners get to act like they've just been treated to top-notch entertainment. Well, at least it's an easy act for the real singers and dancers to follow. If we must have singing waiters, I move for it being cut back to 1 night.

The diners get to act like they've just been treated to top-notch entertainment.

I don't think there is anyone (except maybe some children) who thinks it any type of top-notch entertainment. I think everyone recognizes that it is just plain SILLY. Silly can be good. I generally don't watch the show too much I like to watch the dining room. Watch the sourpusses with their arms folded across their chests and their faces all frowny (sometimes that includes my own family) and than watch the faces of those enjoying themselves. Waving their napkins, singing along, clapping for their waitstaff. I delight in the faces of the children. They get so excited.

I don't go in the pool but I love to watch others having fun in there. I've found taking joy from the joy around me adds so much to my life. If I was a waiter I'd probably hate doing the singing dancing thing cause I don't do either well. But again I would have to enjoy the pleasure and the experience I would be giving to the passengers. I would need to remember I am helping them make a memory.

Archived