Price Drops After Final Payment

Lovely_Star

yup we had until today to decide if he was cancelling or not. to take a 2 year old or not, such a tough choice. They did say however that they were going to work on placing his refundable 50% in obc since he obviously didn't pay the amount from his pocket LOL. Now I'll be checking the site every 5 minutes to see if we have a room assignment. Don't think I really care what room it is as long as it's on the ship. so cross your fingers with me, have 2 inside, 2 ov and 3 suites open from what I see (pray for the suite with ext balcony).

yup we had until today to decide if he was cancelling or not. to take a 2 year old or not, such a tough choice. They did say however that they were going to work on placing his refundable 50% in obc since he obviously didn't pay the amount from his pocket LOL. Now I'll be checking the site every 5 minutes to see if we have a room assignment. Don't think I really care what room it is as long as it's on the ship. so cross your fingers with me, have 2 inside, 2 ov and 3 suites open from what I see (pray for the suite with ext balcony).

lol I didnt realize the pax that cancelled was a 2 year old. Obviously, he didnt pay lol. We got upgraded to a OV, even though there were still 2 insides available 4 days before my last cruise (we didnt change, just booked last minute). Hope the upgrade fairy smiles on you.

Our cruise is 80+ days away (August). The price of our cruise keeps going UP from what it was when we booked. Is there a point when I can expect it to go DOWN?

Ours was rising as fast as the cost of a gallon of gas at first then it stayed stead for awhile before it started to come back down. Ours started the decline around the time final payment was due. There's no set way to figure out when it'll go down. It just depends on how many rooms are available. Carnival is going to get every dollar it can and still sail full. Best you can do is keep checking. I know I saw 2 small price increases and a big price drop (lower than starting price) all in the same day.

• 1 month later...

I agree with other posters in it is all about who you talk to... I've received OBCs a couple times when the price has dropped (On Carnival and RC... NCL refused once, but upgraded our room)... but sometimes I had to ask to speak to a manager.

I'd ask your travel agent to keep calling until she gets someone that will provide you some compensation, since it is obvious from the board that compensation is regularly given... and if she doesn't I wouldn't use her again.

We booked our cruise using our points through Worldmark( aka Trendwest). Since it is booked as a group we will not any of our papers until July or August. I have looked up the price of the cruise and have a general idea the cost of the cruise had I paid actual cash for it. I am wondering if Carnival will credit if the price drops for this type of booking. I am also wondering if we will pay the surcharge for what is was when we booked or the current surcharge. Anyone experienced with this type of booking?

Thanks

We booked our cruise using our points through Worldmark( aka Trendwest). Since it is booked as a group we will not any of our papers until July or August. I have looked up the price of the cruise and have a general idea the cost of the cruise had I paid actual cash for it. I am wondering if Carnival will credit if the price drops for this type of booking. I am also wondering if we will pay the surcharge for what is was when we booked or the current surcharge. Anyone experienced with this type of booking?

Thanks

Your group negotiated a price, so the price drops will not apply. Those would apply to individual bookings only.

We had both our TA and Carnival on the phone at the same time and all Carnival would give us was an upgrade no OBC. I am happy with the upgrade but if I really wanted the OBC would I have to try again? We have already made our final payment - cruise is 57 days out.

Your group negotiated a price, so the price drops will not apply. Those would apply to individual bookings only.

Thanks for the info. The vacation clubs must negociate the pricing and offer them to us owners. I had to get my points used for this year so I did the cruise. My total cost was $129.00 for the exchange fee so I am getting a good deal on a cat 8A room.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I had a question regarding getting OBC when there is a price drop. I booked a 8A category cabin but got bumped up to a 8B for free at the time of the booking. My question is what if there is a price drop,if i want to call for OBC, do i go by the new 8A cabin rate or the new 8B cabin rate?

Archived