flowrider question(for ladies)

One piece or bikini, doesn't matter, wife wore both and popped out both times, even wearing a wife beater on top, and she's not that big. Unless you want to show all you've got, wear a t shirt!!

I haven't been on the flow rider on RC - but we do have a water park here that has one. It is definitely the top that is at risk!!

Yes - I saw a teen-age girl lose hers. :rolleyes: I didn't notice it until it happened, but the guys standing at the top to help you all had towels around their necks. As soon as she came flying to the top they had her covered with a towel - I was actually impressed with how quickly they did it :D . They must be prepared when they see someone with a bikini top get on.

I don't know if RC employees do the same thing - but my guess would be that they do. Even if they do - I would suggest having an alternate for the bikini!

I pretty much saw a woman's boobs in a one piece, and I heard of one of our cruise mates darn near losing his shorts - he had rather a plumber look if you know what I mean! I think I would be dressed in something head to toe.:rolleyes:

I was at Raging Waters last weekend (water park in Ca.) and my cabana was DIRECTLY in front of the flowrider there. I saw 3 different young girls lose their tops, amd one lost her bottoms!!:eek:

I mean young, like 11-15, they were all very embarrassed. When I tried it I wore my husband's tank top over my bikini top, and I was wearing ladies boardshorts to protect the botom. For sure, do not wear anything on the Flowrider that can shift with motion because trust me, it will shift. And if you use your hands to hold up your top the enitre time you will bite it on the ride.

By the way, the Flowrider is not gender specific, I saw a few boys lose their shorts too, the ones who wore baggy trucks with boxers underneath-one boy lost the trunks & the boxers. Flowrider is a dangerous business...;) :p :D

You will pop out even in a one piece. Wear a full t-shirt over your bikini top (not white or it will be the same as if you weren't wearing one). A few girls also get up with "wedgies" when wearing bikini bottoms but it's not as bad.

I will be traveling with 4 teeneage girls (2 of them are not mine). I'm so glad I saw this thread, I didn't even think of that! On a slightly diggerent note, is the flowrider dangerous at all? Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, the flowrider can be dangerous. On our LOS cruise in August our cruise director, Ken Rush, split his head open and had to have several stitches. But that's the only injury I'm aware of so it shouldn't discourage you from trying it.

It isn't just the bikini top that is risky. It is also the bikini bottom. I have even seen guys in board shorts struggling to yank them up when the force of the water pulled them revealingly low.

Plus the bleachers almost always have onlookers watching the Flow Rider action. The chances are if there is a wardrobe malfunction someone will see it happen and might even be filming too.

I haven't been on the flow rider on RC - but we do have a water park here that has one. It is definitely the top that is at risk!!

Yes - I saw a teen-age girl lose hers. :rolleyes: I didn't notice it until it happened, but the guys standing at the top to help you all had towels around their necks. As soon as she came flying to the top they had her covered with a towel - I was actually impressed with how quickly they did it :D . They must be prepared when they see someone with a bikini top get on.

I don't know if RC employees do the same thing - but my guess would be that they do. Even if they do - I would suggest having an alternate for the bikini!

Thank you for writing this.

I have just decided what I want to do when I retire next year. Towel Boy at the Flowrider :)

The hell with handing out smiley stickers at Wal Mart *LOL*

I will be traveling with 4 teeneage girls (2 of them are not mine). I'm so glad I saw this thread, I didn't even think of that! On a slightly diggerent note, is the flowrider dangerous at all? Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure about breaking anything but you can get bruised. I did not try it but watched alot. It seemed not that easy from watching point of view. I only saw people on their stomachs some were able to do it and some never really got it together

Pat

I can see it now - first deck chair hogs, now flowrider bleacher hogs:mad: . But on second thought, with everyone crowding the bleachers for a peek, maybe there will be more pool chairs available:) . Guess I better get there early for the action:D

We were on Freedom last July and my 21-year-old DD and her girlfriend did the flowrider many times. Yeah - that gust of water can really heave you back up the rider into the back barricade.:D They did not get hurt, though, and loved it enough to do it again and again. Swimsuit-wise, they wore the type of bathing suit, like a Speedo that swim competitors wear, with the sports-type back thingie that really doesn't move. And then wear board shorts over the top of that, so a wedgie is really not a problem.:eek: No problem, mon! My 10-year-old son, however, almost lost his trunks and that gush of water tossed him around like a sack of potatoes:D But he loved it too!

Archived