Famous People?

HamOp

Dang right that counts!;) Did they perform with them long legs?

You bet they did - those disgusting hussies:rolleyes: . Actually they were incredibly sweet young women who were always happy to pose for photographs with the passengers when they (The Rockettes) were all "dolled up". As one of the young ladies told me "you would never recognize us around the ship without our make-up" - oh yeah, like the rest of us dames have bodies like that. Come to think of it I did at one time, but that was about a hundred years ago.;)

Valerie:D

You bet they did - those disgusting hussies:rolleyes: . Actually they were incredibly sweet young women who were always happy to pose for photographs with the passengers when they (The Rockettes) were all "dolled up". As one of the young ladies told me "you would never recognize us around the ship without our make-up" - oh yeah, like the rest of us dames have bodies like that. Come to think of it I did at one time, but that was about a hundred years ago.;)

Valerie:D

Awesome!;)

Our most recent cruise to Mexico had Jerry Lewis and family on board. I did get to meet him and he is so funny. He accidently knocked over a water glass at dinner, complete silence, then that famous cackle of his and his words "They used to pay me to do stuff like this". Nice man.

Gary Lewis and the Playboy's "This Diamond Ring" was the first 45 I purchased. It cost me a $1.00. I was 12.

I was on Dawn Princess in 2002. John Travolta was on board in a suite. He went to the theatre to see the shows. When he got off, Kevon Bacon joined the cruise. This was at a time when flying was seen to be more dangerous than anything else, aprticularly for US citizens, and if you wanted to see the Carinnean Islands, it was the only way to go.

On Westerdam in January, on its Ft Lauderdale to Tortola cruise, Gordon Liddy (more famous, I believe, in the US than in the UK) was sat on the next table.

Judge Wapner was on our Panama Canal cruise.

We first saw him in the Lido and did a double take, then saw him around the ship and came across his pictures in the photo gallery.

Guess he didn't try to borrow Judge Judy's yacht LOL. Apparently, it's quite the ship, and many celebrities use it.

We had a near miss on the Ryndam once, as one of the cruise staff told me on the last day that Barry Manilow was coming on the next cruise. He was going to be reviewing the ship's new production of his show, Copacabana.

While I am not overly impressed by being in the company of the "rich and famous", we did have an ABC news anchor dine at the table behind us in the PG on the Noordam out of NYC.

Have you ever had a famous person on the same cruise? What ship and when?

We dined with the retired "voice of the Vancouver Canucks" and his delightful wife for 21 evenings on board the Noordam in April of 2007. I am not really into famous people either and didn't have a clue that he was until after several evenings of listening to his beautiful broadcast perfect voice, someone clued me in. After the cruise I bought his book over the Internet and hope to take a trip to Vancouver and have it autographed one of these days. Jim said he didn't really think he was well known at all outside of Canada, but I am sure my father, who was a huge hockey fan, was smiling down from heaven and telling all of his cronies that his baby girl was down there dining with Jim Robson.

Howie Mandell was on our Christmas cruise on Brilliance last year, with his family. We never spoke to him but saw him around the ship several times over the course of the 10 day cruise.

There was also a Toronto DJ onboard whose name escapes me, but my husband knew who he was immediately and played blackjack with him several times.

In the old days . . . when there weren't so many new ships coming on line constantly . . . Godmothers were genuine celebs. We got to sail on Inaugurals with the Queen of Norway (in a bathing suit on the beach she looked just like the rest of the guests), Angela Landsbury, Tom Cruise when he was with Nicole Kidman who was the Godmother (he is really short), Audrey Hepburn and my all time favorite (from when I dreamed as a kid) Sophia Loren . . . at least HAL is doing it right this time with Queen Beatrix as Godmother.

Regards, Richard

I also saw Howie Mandell and his wife aborad RCCL's Splendor of the Seas. I saw Mark Preston from the 60's group The Association. We had a picture taken with him and talked to him a few minutes. And then there was a member of The Drifters aboard two ships we sailed on.

On the first cruise we ever booked (but not the first one we took), on the Westerdam, we were talked into it by a friend who wanted to book a cruise with a group of fans of Greg Evigan. Greg Evigan was BJ of the old TV series "BJ and the Bear" and also was in a series called "My Two Dads". Also on that cruise was Lou Ferigno (The Incredible Hulk). Greg Evigan was the nicest guy you ever would want to meet. Friendly and sociable. On the same cruise was Lou Ferigno. He was very nice to the members of his group, but I thought he was rude to others on the cruise who went up to him to try to talk. One of the members of Lou Ferigno's group was Ronnie Barrett, the inventor of the 50 caliber rifle and founder of Barrett Firearms Company. He was a very nice man and my friends husband asked him for his autograph and a photo with him.

DH shared cigar and cocktail time with Stephen Sondheim (musical and film composer) in the Oak Room of the Oosterdam.

Mary

While I am not overly impressed by being in the company of the "rich and famous", we did have an ABC news anchor dine at the table behind us in the PG on the Noordam out of NYC.

Have you ever had a famous person on the same cruise? What ship and when?

On the Ryndam, Down-Unders. For all the wealth they have what a lovely couple. Isn't he handsome! :) :)

Just this past February on Radiance of the Seas, Mickey Dolenz (formerly of The Monkees) was the headline performer for our last night at sea. He was always my "favorite Monkee" and I was able to sit front row center for the show (which was wonderful!)...afterwards he signed autographs and posed for pictures. I still have the towel he wiped his forehead with during the performance, threw to me, then signed for me after lol!

TracyE

On the inaugural cruise of the original Star Princess (10 day Western Caribbean3/24/1989) I swam with Audrey Hepburn in the ship’s pool while the ship was docked in Nassau. I was 12 years old at the time and didn’t realize how famous she was (until my mother later pointed it out). Audrey Hepburn and I were alone in the pool. She spoke to me first and asked me where I was from and what I thought of the ship. I think we were in the pool together for about 15 minutes talking most of the time. She was beautiful and gracious woman and it is a memory that will last a lifetime. She was a very private person, but was truly kind and made feel like I wasn’t intruding.

Gavin MacLeod was also on the sailing and was more visible throughout the cruise - he did lots of appearances and attended many cocktail parties. A promotional video was filmed of the ship and I was asked to take part in it.

Not bad for my first cruise.

While it wasn't on the cruise itself, when I was on the train returning from my Oosterdam cruise last year we were joined by John Boy and half the cast from a play he was in. The play was moving from Ashland, Oregon, to Seattle, and the cast had heard about how great the Coast Starlight route is and wanted to try it. Kinda fun. He ate in the dining car, but otherwise didn't really hang out in the public areas of the train. Some of the other actors did though ...

On the inaugural cruise of the original Star Princess (10 day Western Caribbean3/24/1989) I swam with Audrey Hepburn in the ship’s pool while the ship was docked in Nassau. I was 12 years old at the time and didn’t realize how famous she was (until my mother later pointed it out). Audrey Hepburn and I were alone in the pool. She spoke to me first and asked me where I was from and what I thought of the ship. I think we were in the pool together for about 15 minutes talking most of the time. She was beautiful and gracious woman and it is a memory that will last a lifetime. She was a very private person, but was truly kind and made feel like I wasn’t intruding.

Gavin MacLeod was also on the sailing and was more visible throughout the cruise - he did lots of appearances and attended many cocktail parties. A promotional video was filmed of the ship and I was asked to take part in it.

Not bad for my first cruise.

You got to meet and talk with Audrey Hepburn? You definitely take the prize for hanging out with the "Star". I never got to meet Audrey Hepburn (heck, I never even got anywhere close to meeting Audrey Hepburn) but she has always been my favorite actress/movie star/humanitarian. She was an incredibly beautiful, generous and classy lady - how lucky you were, and how I envy you.

Valerie:)

Archived