Air fares WOW!

milolii

I know what you mean about the regional airports, as we live in Central (and I mean CENTRAL) CA.

Sounds like it might be Fresno... :D Isn't FAT a decent airport?

We live south of the Bay Area - so we have our pick of San Jose, Oakland or SFO. Rates are always running the spectrum so we go with the least expensive or if we are requiring a direct flight. This time, we got SFO - my least fav to fly from, but they are direct flights each way to Kona. :) Both flights are filling up as it is the holiday season so fingers are crossed that United doesn't cancel them. Anyone think I can get my DD19 to pick us up at the airport at 6:00am the day after Christmas? :eek:

Sounds like it might be Fresno... :D Isn't FAT a decent airport?

We live south of the Bay Area - so we have our pick of San Jose, Oakland or SFO. Rates are always running the spectrum so we go with the least expensive or if we are requiring a direct flight. This time, we got SFO - my least fav to fly from, but they are direct flights each way to Kona. :) Both flights are filling up as it is the holiday season so fingers are crossed that United doesn't cancel them. Anyone think I can get my DD19 to pick us up at the airport at 6:00am the day after Christmas? :eek:

Further south, and actually BFL has a brand new terminal and it's a nice airport. It's just about $200 more pp to fly out of there, so we go to LAX.

I'd offer to PAY your DD to pick you up if it were me, or a shopping trip!:D

Further south, and actually BFL has a brand new terminal and it's a nice airport. It's just about $200 more pp to fly out of there, so we go to LAX.

I'd offer to PAY your DD to pick you up if it were me, or a shopping trip!:D

Oh! I see! Sounds like our Monterey airport. Have only flown out of there once. Flying out again from there on Friday, but only because of a cheap airline that is now opperating out of there for Vegas trips. :D

I will figure out some way to bribe her... I just can't see paying to leave my car at the airport for that long when it is just an hour & a half away. :p

• 2 weeks later...
I use the HECK out of my MyPoints account since I got it way back when. One year it was tough going at Christmas and I used it for Target gift cards. When I used to travel to SLC every year, I used it for Marriott Gift Certificates to pay for my hotel. I was saving up points to pay for our hotel in San Juan next December. But decided to use them for gas this year and book our hotel for San Juan on Priceline.... Before I buy anything online, I look to see if I can get points thru MyPoints. Even my Priceline bookings earn points! And ebay too!

Have a great trip!

Hi...just curious....what account are you talking about that gives points and gas cards, etc. AND...where do you stay in San Juan? I'm looking for a nice beach resort for a pre cruise stay next May. We stayed at the Marriott last time, it was great, but we thought we might look for something in a new location since we weren't really near anything.

Thanks,

Kathy

Kathy - for years, I have been a member of mypoints.com I would normally get points for just referring people - but I love to share and it is too much of a hassle to go thru the process. LOL You earn points for shopping thru their site, and clicking thru on emails. When I used to travel to SLC every year, I would save up my points and get Marriott gift certificates to pay for my room. One year when it was tight, I used the points for Target gift certs. Once we were going to sail out of Long Beach and I had won the Hyatt on Priceline. I turned in my points for Hyatt gift certs to cover the parking there for a week. We ended up changing dates and I didn't use my Priceline Hotel so I sold the certificates on ebay to get something out of it.

Now I am saving up for gas cards for use on the islands. I booked a hotel in Hilo for one night on hotwire.... by going thru the mypoints.com site, I earned points. I am getting things for my daughter's wedding online... if they store is a member of mypoints, even ebay - then I can earn points if I click thru the site first.

We haven't been to San Juan, but we were planning on staying at the Marriott Stellaris. But the way airfares are going, we might be changing to a different cruise instead.

We've gotten the Royal Runaround with airline frequent flyer miles in the past. I'm sure it will be even more difficult in future to use them for big vacation spots. We no longer use a frequent flyer credit card...went to amazon.com .

Archived