Carnival Legend oe Carnival Glory?

I have already planned a group cruise for August 2008 on the Glory (Eastern Carribean) and my family already wants to plan next year's cruise.

We are looking at the Glory again but this time the Western Carribean or Carnival Legend also Western Carribean. The itineraries are nearly identical so I ask you all.....

Taking everything into account including Port Canveral and Tampa, which would be the better ship to cruise on Carnival Glory or Carnival Legend?

I did both ships/itineraries this year and there are pro and cons each way. I like the size of the Legend the best; spirit class ships are my favorite. With that said, the only negative I have for the Glory is that two decks do not run from end to end and navigating the ship can be confusing at times. Our western route on the Glory this year only included Cozumel, Belize and Nassau. If that were the same, I would choose the Legend for Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Embarkation is smoother at Canaveral, but the valet parking option at Tampa is nice if you drive. Hope some of this helps!

I've done the Glory, and will do the Legend soon. I would pick the Legend just because it's a different ship. (That's why I picked it. I've never done the Spirit class, but have heard so many good things.) I also like the port in Tampa better than Port Canaveral. But, both ports are easy to get to.

I did both ships/itineraries this year and there are pro and cons each way. I like the size of the Legend the best; spirit class ships are my favorite. With that said, the only negative I have for the Glory is that two decks do not run from end to end and navigating the ship can be confusing at times. Our western route on the Glory this year only included Cozumel, Belize and Nassau. If that were the same, I would choose the Legend for Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Embarkation is smoother at Canaveral, but the valet parking option at Tampa is nice if you drive. Hope some of this helps!

The Glory has added Roatan:D and Freeport:( , dropped Nassau, and kept Cozumel and Belize on the Western Route.

I did Glory twice. Once the year it came out and the following year. Then we did Legend. Legend was easier to get around . I found it more bumpier. I liked the Glory better once I learned my way around. I would take Glory if I could do just once. If I was doing two like you are , I would do one of each. We did the Liberty . That was a nice ship. My favorite so far was the Freedom. We did it this past February. It was a really nice ship. We did the Eastern this time. Next Feb. we are doing the Western. It is a different Western so we want to try it. Have fun no matter where you go. If the airfare keeps going up, we may be walking to Florida. (smile) So far, looking at at least $500.00 and more a person to Fort Lauderdale from Rhode Island.

Haven't sailed Legend but was going to book her because we enjoyed the Miracle so much. I ended up on the Glory last week on the "new" western itinerary and had a great time.

Still think I prefer the Spirit class better. Hated the main pool area on Glory. Didn't think the galley issue was really much of an issue at all. Loved the Fish & Chips. Hated all the smoke in the Ivory bar. Had a great time in Frankie & Johnnie's on Miracle. Hated the Bacchus Dining Room!

I understand the Legend is fairly "tastefully" decorated, if you can say anything Farcus does is tasteful. ;)

I think I prefer sailing out of Port Canaveral. We spent a really nice day the Friday before we sailed. Not a fan of Tampa.

I don't think you would go wrong with either. I know I wouldn't hesitate to sail either.

The Glory has added Roatan:D and Freeport:( , dropped Nassau, and kept Cozumel and Belize on the Western Route.

In December, the Glory will port Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, and Nassau.

We did the Glory eastern and had a great time also.

It would break down to which city had the cheapest airfare!

In December, the Glory will port Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, and Nassau.

We did the Glory eastern and had a great time also.

It would break down to which city had the cheapest airfare!

Luckily I am already in Florida so that does not factor into the equation for me.

Am I making a mistake? I also had the choice between Legend and Glory, and picked Legend because 1. I had heard the port of Tampa was easy in, easy out- going out of Port Canaveral "scared" me - need to rent a car, hotel for the night (well, the hotel didn't bother me) and 2. Didn't want to hit Nassau again - wanted something "more exotic". There is a $300 difference between the Glory and Legend. (Legend is more expensive) Will be sailing on first Spirit class ship this December (Miracle) Have extended balcony 6232 on both ships booked. I told my pvp that if I didn't like Miracle, I'd switch to the Glory for 2009 when I returned. I like the larger ships, but from what I've heard, Spirit class are excellent, too!

Am I making a mistake? I also had the choice between Legend and Glory, and picked Legend because 1. I had heard the port of Tampa was easy in, easy out- going out of Port Canaveral "scared" me - need to rent a car, hotel for the night (well, the hotel didn't bother me) and 2. Didn't want to hit Nassau again - wanted something "more exotic". There is a $300 difference between the Glory and Legend. (Legend is more expensive) Will be sailing on first Spirit class ship this December (Miracle) Have extended balcony 6232 on both ships booked. I told my pvp that if I didn't like Miracle, I'd switch to the Glory for 2009 when I returned. I like the larger ships, but from what I've heard, Spirit class are excellent, too!

I think you will love the Miracle. I just sailed the Legend and had 7258 which sits above the cabin you have; same extended balcony. My sisters had the cabins on either side so our balcony was huge when the dividers were opened!

7258 Balcony

2558366350064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Lifeboats are below, but that did not bother us.

2150354170064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the great pictures. I would have loved to have been one deck up, but we needed a quad, and that is the only extended quad there is like it! I guess if I don't like the Miracle, I still have 1 year to switch to the Glory!

Spirit class hands down for me. Just love them.

Been on both and enjoyed both. Fish and Chips was great.

This Nov will be my fifth cruise on the spirit class and in March it will be my sixth.

Archived