Why Do YOU Choose Carnival over RCL??

gooselover

DH and I have sailed Conquest a couple years back - our first cruise and it was everything and more than we imagined. Carnival was GREAT!

We have booked another cruise with RCL because we wanted to try them out....just to see....but more and more "things" are concerning me with RCL and I am beginning to think we should rebook with Carnival, who is tried and true.

My question is: Why are YOU Loyal to Carnival? I really would like to know. Thanks.

We cruise them both. [and others] Our first consideration is itinerary, then price. And any line that shows the itinerary we like at a price we can accept, we will book. The differences between lines are not that great. We never compare the cruise we are enjoying with any other cruise past or future. That's a no win situation. Enjoy each cruise for what IT is.

Carnival is our first choice but not the only choice.

Dan

I have never done RCI because the price keeps me away. I got a balcony on the Miracle for 1100 while RCI would probally want more like 1700 for a bal.

Thats a lot of moola, I wouldnt even pay 1100. Voyager OTS had last minute D1 and D2 (like 9A, the bigger balconys), for $869 and $889 for my cruise. I got on for $499 and moved up to OV, and will wait for my price again. Iv got even better prices on other RCL cruises, but Im flexible. Iv found some good deals, good enough to book on BOTH cruises.

The reason I havent been on Conquest and did Rhapsody in 2007 instead was because Conquest was about $450 and I got on Rhapsody for $349 pp. There are deals to be had, RCL has some good ones last minute, more so than Carnival.

I go with whichever is the better deal, I like both cruiselines.

I stay with Carnival mainly for the price and service. However I am not always loyal to them, have cruised twice with Princess because the price was equal to what Carnival offered and just booked a cruise with RCL because the price difference was only a few dollars higher. Have always wanted to try one of the Freedom class of ships and with the half off deposit I received along with TA incentive I booked RCL for next year. I do have a cruise scheduled in October with CCL on the Legend.

first two cruises were rccl the next was carnival simply because that was the first with our daughter and we asked her to pick which line she wanted. after reading about camp carnival and adventure ocean she chose carnival. now out fouth is going to be carnival we boune back and forth on this one because of airfair but the lock for carnival was that camp carnival took 2 year old that did not need to be potty trained. i hope to have our youngest potty trained by then but its nice not having the pressure. also, we had a excellent time in oct 07, no reason to go changing.

I have only cruised Carnival. I have been very happy with my cruise experiences and I do not fix what isn't broken.

Another reason, and it is silly, even dumb, as we never know until we try somnething new, but I work with a woman who will only cruise RC. I know her and her attitudes and hear her stories of the others she cruises with.

No thank you. I will stick with Carnival.

DH and I have sailed Conquest a couple years back - our first cruise and it was everything and more than we imagined. Carnival was GREAT!

We have booked another cruise with RCL because we wanted to try them out....just to see....but more and more "things" are concerning me with RCL and I am beginning to think we should rebook with Carnival, who is tried and true.

My question is: Why are YOU Loyal to Carnival? I really would like to know. Thanks.

More casual atmosphere

Friendlier people

All things being equal, I would choose Carnival for the OVERALL experience. Granted, RCCL has the nicer ships, but one can only appreciate that so much. It's that FUN experience, good food, entertainment, service, SLIDE (on the Spirit class), and the spacious staterooms. And how they're able to charge less for the same cruising product amazes me.

But I'm also glad I tried, and continue to enjoy, RCCL. The pools, all the diversity, the ship itself. The different experience keeps things fresh.

There's no need to sail one line exclusively.

I've never tried RCCL, I would like to, they seem to have an attractive product, but it's always been more expensive, I don't know what justifies that.

Besides I'm happy with Carnival, so why change? Another thing for us was John Heald, I know he'll be on the Splendor, he kinda made that sale.

BUT RCCL sails out of Barcelona which is easier driving distance for us, so I'm sure one of these days they'll have my booking, but not this year.

We find the food, service and overall experience is better on a Carnival cruise.

Our RCCL cruise wasn't bad, but I found the staff unfriendly, and the food not that special. It makes me laugh when I read the RCCL people say Carnival has more party people, because we saw more partying on our RCCL cruise. As I've stated in other threads, there was even one woman who had to be carried back to her room. She wasn't the only one. We heard loud singing and bumping down the hall from one large group on our RCCL cruise.

I have looked at RCCL (to give a second chance) for future cruises, but I don't think their itineraries can match Carnival's.

The only way anybody could get me back on a RCI ship would be to give me a free cruise, and even then I would have to think about it. Love Carnival, Princess and Disney.

I'm always amazed when people say that about a cruiseline....was your experience THAT awful? :confused:

I just can't imagine any cruise being so bad that I'd swear off the entire line.

I go with whichever is the better deal,

So do I. :D

We booked our first RCI because we found an amazing deal on a 10 day repo. When the itinerary was first posted we jumped on it. Got a category D1 (aft balcony) for $1250 each (not counting fuel). I thought this was a great deal for a great cabin for 10 days. :)

SO...if you're patient and just keep checking, I guess you can even find deals on Royal cruises. :D

I'm always amazed when people say that about a cruiseline....was your experience THAT awful? :confused:

I just can't imagine any cruise being so bad that I'd swear off the entire line.

LOL. I'd say, "You haven't tried NCL?" except I know you tried NCL. :D :p :)

The only reason that I choose one line over the other is cost. I find that RCCL and NCL have has better service and food than CCL, but not so much that I don't cruise CCL. For us it is always who has the best itinerary and cost.

LOL. I'd say, "You haven't tried NCL?" except I know you tried NCL. :D :p :)

I didn't try them for the longest time because so many people on here swore they'd never sail them again. We found a great deal on one that we couldn't pass up and I went with low expectations, and it was the most fun I've had on any cruise ever....15 days of fun. When we got home we were exhausted.

The ONLY thing that wasn't great was service in the dining rooms. It was hit and miss. When I wrote my 'review letter' to NCL I expressed my thoughts on it....but in all honesty, the crew (even though they weren't perfect) were actually so freaking awesome as far as how fun, happy and laid back they were, was kind of refreshing, so I was able to overlook the imperfection.

I thought the food was much better than I had read (although CCL still has better food than any line I've ever sailed so far)...but the amount of activities available on our sailing were amazing. Nothing got boring, even after 15 days.

AND CCL doesn't have Quest. :p

Now I have a BOA/MC and get back mucho points so I have booked again and will be sailing in a mini-suite for next to nothing.

:)

Basically, I guess I must be easy to please. I haven't had a horrible cruise yet.

The cruise was fine and the vacation relaxing, it was the customer service. I have never had a problem on a cruise line that I ever went to the pursers desk or complained about, except this one. We cannot eat late and will not book a cruise unless I can get guarantee 1st dining, which I had on this cruise. When we got our cards it had 1st seating but no table, the women said this was strange but to go to the dining room first thing. I did this and was told there was no table for us, "But 1st is on my card"? Didn't matter he would not budge. Went to the purser. he looked at our card and pulled up our records and kept telling me we had early dining and said he would look into it. Dinner time came and we went to the buffet. When we returned to our cabin there was a bottle of wine and a message that we had late dining no tables available. So I gave up and enjoyed our cruise eating every night in the buffet. When we got home I called customer service, guess what the girl told me when she pulled up my records, "But you had early seating", said she would look into it when the ships records were in the system for the cruise, never heard a thing. Now on this cruise there was a retirement home from Virginia who told us they got great last minute rates to fill us the ship, my guess is that this group wanted and got early seating and we, and maybe others were bumped. And that is why I will never set foot on their ships. We are satisfied with Carnival and always have had great service.

I didn't try them for the longest time because so many people on here swore they'd never sail them again.

Not that I read they would never try them again, but one of the reason I avoided RCCL so many years was hearing/reading about the small cabins, the bad food, the cost, etc.

So, when I took my first RCCL cruise, I set my expectations low, and found what I read vs. what I experienced were worlds apart.

We LOVED the cruise.

Unfortunately, with NCL, I had no preconcieved notions, as Cruise Critic was not to come for 6 more years, but couldn't wait to get off the ship.

And that was day 1. :eek:

For us it's a pretty simple choice. RC doesn't port out of Galveston anymore in the summer. So we either have to drive to FL or take Carnival. From what I've read (first cruise next month) Carnival is a great line so I don't see any reason to pay more and drive further for RC.

Next year though we will be cruising RC out of FL because we will be taking a Disney vacation and a cruise. At that time/port RC had the lowest rates available so we went with them.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either line so for us it comes down to $$ and location of port.

I am loyal to all companies that treat me right

I like good food ,nice cabins good entertainment lovely ports.

Carnival like many others has footed the bill .Enjoyed our last Carnival cruise last Xmas on Miracle .I loved those wild colours .

Give me a great itinerary with all the above and I am on it. My past experience with Ncl and Celebrity was not the best but I will try them again if the price is right .

There is nothing wrong with Carnival it is no better or worse then any other cruise line .Lately I have favoured Princess because of itinerary and MUTS but I'm still looking for a March Cruise...

We primarily sail on Carnival on most of our cruises for 2 reasons:

1.We prefer Sat-Sat cruises, and haven't found this on RCI yet.

2. Being 55+, Carnival offers the Senior discount on more sailings than RCI. Sailed on mariner of the Seas last Nov. in a JS, and the price was cheaper than the Cat.11 on Glory. Both lines are very similar and not enough difference to pick 1 as a favorite over the other.

We have cruised Carnival five times, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Princess, and several smaller lines. Each cruise has been special for a different reason. None have disappointed. We choose Carnival for the best value on a product that we love. Carnival has great staff and we always have a great time on our Carnival cruise. Why pay more--especially with prices climbing like they are today for food, fuel, and most everything else?

Carnival offers great value for your vacation dollar. Especially with airlines charging for baggage now, I'd like to reach Platinum status on Carnival for the free laundry service. That will extend the value since I can pack fewer clothes and thus spend less money on checking luggage at the airline and more money on fun things on the ship.

P.S. Also love Carnival's towel animals and their bedding.

2. Being 55+, Carnival offers the Senior discount on more sailings than RCI. Sailed on mariner of the Seas last Nov. in a JS, and the price was cheaper than the Cat.11 on Glory.

That's odd. My experience is just the opposite. I have yet to do a senior rate on Carnival, but 3 or 4 of my RCL cruises I got a terrific senior rate, much better than I could have gotten from Carnival. About $50 off pp off already discounted last minute rates.

My first cruise on Carnival, the TA said the senior rate was $20 more than the price they were giving me the cruise for, might have been past guest. (I had cruised Carnival, but have no proof).

Im still waiting to get a great senior rate on Carnnival. Im 57, but both consider that a senior. I had just turned 55 when I went back to cruising after a long hiatus.

That's right! The towel animals are fun to return to at night and I slept soooo good in their bed!

We had cute towel animals on Voyager this spring almost every night.

I just dont see much differences between the two. I do both cruiselines for the variety, rather than do the same ship out of Galveston over and over. My plan is to rotate Estasy, Conquest, Voyager, over and over for a while.

initially price......but now reading the attitude of a LOT of the RCCL Faithful, that also swung me to stay with Carnival. !

They do have that going on over there don't they. I don't have the need to feel I'm better than someone else, so........ Price, room size and $$$:D

I will offer a few reasons:

1. Carnival is the only cruise line that is near my home town year round.

2. Carnival costs less than other cruise lines with single supplement.

3. I have never had a bad experience on Carnival.

4. The "Fun Ship" experience is more to my preference than a formal cruise line with an older demographic.

I may try RCCL or Disney in the future, because I am impressed with their ships and what they offer, but for now, I remain loyal to Carnival.

Archived