Dumb Question about the Oosterdam?

Lynzchat

I'm so embarrased to ask this, but I was in the Refridgerator Thread, and I was completely lost. Here goes...

What kind of ship is the Oosterdam? Is it a Vista, S, P or??????

I just want to know if we are going to have a fridge in our balcony room. We don't have a suite, but we bought a guarantee BA cabin, I think it's not one of the fancy ones, I think it's probably a simple one.

I'm so confused, sorry!:confused: :confused:

I'm so embarrased to ask this, but I was in the Refridgerator Thread, and I was completely lost. Here goes...

What kind of ship is the Oosterdam? Is it a Vista, S, P or??????

I just want to know if we are going to have a fridge in our balcony room. We don't have a suite, but we bought a guarantee BA cabin, I think it's not one of the fancy ones, I think it's probably a simple one.

I'm so confused, sorry!:confused: :confused:

Lyn - I hear ya, I wondered the same thing but then went to the HAL site and it says

ms Oosterdammagnificent Vista Class

Introducing the ms Oosterdam (pronounced OH-ster-dam), second member of the grand Vista-class ships defining the future of cruising. Oosterdam dazzles guests with more of everything they desire in a cruise vacation: More staterooms with verandahs for private sunning, dining and relaxing. More dining choices including an intimate reservations-only restaurant. More ways to relax in The Greenhouse Spa and Salon, largest and most luxurious spa in our fleet.

Vista baby, we are on her 2 weeks from just about right now!

We don't have a suite, but we bought a guarantee BA cabin, I think it's not one of the fancy ones, I think it's probably a simple one.
...and make sure you let us know what you end up with! We got Bs from BCs so I am happy. We also got an L from an NN.

S-class: Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam

R-class: Rotterdam, Amsterdam

V-class: Volendam, Zaandam

Vista-class: Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, (and soon, the new Noordam)

Prinsendam and (current) Noordam are unique.

Thanks all! These boards are so nice and have the greatest people. I don't know how I could function without them.

Whoo hooo, I'm so excited we will have a fridge! I will definitely let everyone know what kind of room we end up with this guarantee program.:D

The Vista Class is a group of four new ships, larger than any other HAL ships. They are the Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam (South, East, West, North in English).

The S Class includes the older, but magnificent Maasdam, Volendam, Zaandam, and one or two others. I'm not sure of exactly which of the ships in the Fleet are S Class, but others here will straighten us out if I have it wrong here.

Many experienced HAL cruisers seem to like the S class ships especially well because they carry fewer passengers and are a bit more traditional than the Vista Class ships.

The Princendam is a separate and samller ship which was bought from another line and converted to HAL standards.

This is not the complete answer to your question, but maybe it helps. Happy Cruising.

The "S" class, Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam, next oldest to the present Noordam and Prinsendam are all 720 ft long with fore and aft elevators.

of The "R" class, the Rotterdam VI the oldest (1997), and the Amsterdam launched in 1999 or 2000 are approx 780 ft, with 3 sets of elevators. R-dam has 2 pools but on different decks. It also has 4 penthouse suites and no "A" cabins on the Navigation deck.

The Volendam and the Zaandam are also 780 ft with 3 sets of elevators and both pools on the same deck. Of the 4 above ships, the V and Z carry (don't know which one is newer but Zaandam does not yet have a concierge lounge). 1400+ pax, while R and A have capacity for approx. 1280 and 1300 pax.

Hope this helps.

Gn

Archived