cruise air - Rome

Wondering if anyone has taken a cruise that round trips from Rome and has taken the cruise air. Did you have to arrive a day early or stay a day later? I am going to add a few extra days in Rome and don't want to stay at a hotel both before and after the cruise. I will be coming from Chicago.

If it is a direct flight from North America to Rome, it will arrive in morning.. often the very early morning. If it is a connection somewhere else in europe it can arrive anytime.

Direct flights from Rome go morning in mid-afternoon. If you are on a connection, it will almost always be a morning flight out of Rome but there are some afternoon connections.

So, unless you do the air yourself, who knows?

Paul

If you want to spend extra time on just one end arrive a few days early. I recommend this for serveral reasons. First, and by far the most important reason to fly in a few days early is to ensure that you do not miss your cruise ship should your plane be delayed or canceled. Second, to get over the jet lag and to begin the trip more rested.

You will be off the ship in the morning which should provide sufficient time to get to the airport and to catch a flight back home.

Keith

We generally go in a day early. We only want to rest, avoid any delays with flights, and have time to locate bags if they get lost. If you can swing it - go in early.

Never fly the same day as a cruise. one day before for sure 2 or more preferred. the stress of packing, traveling, time change, you need to relax before you start your cruise. as for returning it is fine to leave the same day. you are already relaxed and resigned to returning to reality!

I never let the cruise line book air anymore as you never know what milk run they might put you on because the air price to them was cheap. far cheaper and on your schedule and convienence by booking yourself. try 1 800 FlyEurope or Kayak.com. we have used swissair twice, lufthansa once and british airways once. loved swiss, you go thru zurich and then an hour and 10 minute flight to rome.

Also leaving from Chicago...

We are doing a 2 night pre-cruise in Rome before going on Carnival Freedom. It has been a couple of years since we were in Rome, so I wanted to spend some time there before the cruise. Plus, like everyone else said, you want ot make sure you are there and the time change is brutal. It takes me a couple of days to not be awake at 2AM.

We are on the direct flight to and from Rome. AA only has one a day each way.

Archived