Price Drop....Yippee!

I wouldn't even call that a bump.. Too much noise and 'activity' on the Lido, but that's just us.. We prefer to select our own cabin, exactly where we want it; and sandwiched between to passenger only decks. Any cabin even remotely close to a public deck is to be avoided like the plague..

We've even refused a so-called 'upgrade' because it wasn't in a location that we wanted. Don't accept an 'upgrade' simply on face value..

It's alright... I was going to choose a Lido balcony, & the "upgrade" just allowed me to get it for a cheaper price. With a 7 year old I think the Lido is going to be a great location, and everyone else seems to be saying it's quiet. Never been on the Conquest class, so I'll have to wait and see.

I need some help with how this all works after final payment, because it may not be worth it, yet, for me to call Carnival.

Our sailing currently has a past guest rate that will slightly decrease the rate for passengers one and two, but increase the rate for passenger three. Then there is the fact that we booked when the fuel surcharge was $5, but now it is up to $7. If I call and ask for the decrease, will our fuel surcharge be increased? (And, yes, the difference is so little that it does make a difference.) We have two cabins booked - one double, one triple. Will I be required to make the changes to both cabins? It seems like it will be worth it for the double, but not for the triple?

(I suspect that I'll be on the phone with Carnival after the children are sleeping, so that the Carnival rep. can tell me what is best.)

Question: My husband and I are past guests, but our children are not (and they are sharing our room). I tried a fake booking with code DP3 and sure enough, it came up with 1st and 2nd passengers at $50 less than what we paid (plus a 1-category upgrade) and 3rd and 4th passengers at $40 less than what we paid. I assume that my husband and I can get the new price since we are both past guests....what about the kids? I don't want the upgrade since we're traveling as a large group and everybody's rooms are close together right now, but I would definitely take the $160 off our cruise rate!

Question: My husband and I are past guests, but our children are not (and they are sharing our room). I tried a fake booking with code DP3 and sure enough, it came up with 1st and 2nd passengers at $50 less than what we paid (plus a 1-category upgrade) and 3rd and 4th passengers at $40 less than what we paid. I assume that my husband and I can get the new price since we are both past guests....what about the kids? I don't want the upgrade since we're traveling as a large group and everybody's rooms are close together right now, but I would definitely take the $160 off our cruise rate!

I was under the impression that everyone in the cabin gets the same discount. Call and get your $160 credit!

My Glory cruise has been paid in full for several months now. I had been going to Carnivals almost several times daily putting in the different codes to see if I qualified for any price drops, upgrades, OBC, etc. This weekend I paid for an upgrade from an IS Empress to Balcony Upper, there were only three rooms, #6217 (bow), #6208 Hdcp (bow) and #6442, left on the Upper. I really, really wanted something mid-ship. I tried everything to try to get them to upgrade me to the Empress. I called today to check to see if somes friend could use my military rate to get a good rate on the same cruise. The PVP, not my own, asked me why I didn't give up the military rate for the past guest, which would have put me on the Empress Deck. I told her that I tried this several times and no one would bulge. After conferring with the powers to be that never get on the phone, she changed my discount code from military to the past guest using the DP3 code, so now I'm on the Empress mid-ship

We had a balcony on Lido twice. At first I thought about the noise but we loved it. Never heard any noise and was so convinent to everything. Going on the VALOR Oct. 12, and booked the Lido deck again. It is great.

MOM

DP3 is not working for my Glory cruise 4/4/09. Does anyone know when the past guest codes come out and how I find out about them? I did book thru carnival but do not have a PVP.

As previously stated, past codes do NOT work on every sailing!

I just checked my Fascination cruise, which is offering an upgrade, but I already got a 4a to 4c when I booked, and the current fare is $30 pp higher.

I'm looking at about 6 different cruises for next spring and PG3 didn't work for ANY of them.

I've never had a price drop. Guess that means I booked at a good rate at the perfect time! :D

If you have questions, contact Carnival or your TA. They can check for you.

I've never had a price drop. Guess that means I booked at a good rate at the perfect time! :D

Or it could mean you just booked a cruise that sold well.......

We have had price drops on every one of our cruises........but we normally don't book at high season...

As previously stated, past codes do NOT work on every sailing!

I just checked my Fascination cruise, which is offering an upgrade, but I already got a 4a to 4c when I booked, and the current fare is $30 pp higher.

I'm looking at about 6 different cruises for next spring and PG3 didn't work for ANY of them.

If you have questions, contact Carnival or your TA. They can check for you.

um...the code isnt PG3...It is DP3...try that one... good luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I got a nice surprise this weekend. Tried code DP3, and not only was there a two category upgrade, there was a price drop of $80 pp. I was able to upgrade to an extended aft balcony for less than the original price we paid for a regular balcony cabin. :D

um...the code isnt PG3...It is DP3...try that one... good luck!!!

I know that. :o

The only ones it seems to work on are those that I'm not interested in. Of course, I already got a PG upgrade when I booked the Fascination way back in February, at the same time I was booking Glory. No upgrades of any sort for the Glory cruise (5/17/08).

People just need to understand that the codes do NOT work for every sailing on every ship!

I wouldn't even call that a bump.. Too much noise and 'activity' on the Lido, but that's just us.. We prefer to select our own cabin, exactly where we want it; and sandwiched between to passenger only decks. Any cabin even remotely close to a public deck is to be avoided like the plague..

We've even refused a so-called 'upgrade' because it wasn't in a location that we wanted. Don't accept an 'upgrade' simply on face value..

We have stayed on the Lido twice and I hope to "select" my room on the Lido for next time too......

We LOVE it and we had no problems with noise or traffic.......

Dianne

I got a nice surprise this weekend. Tried code DP3, and not only was there a two category upgrade, there was a price drop of $80 pp. I was able to upgrade to an extended aft balcony for less than the original price we paid for a regular balcony cabin. :D

Wish our cruise would drop. We are scheduled Halloween week, so it just keeps going up and up. No price drop for me.

However, we did get a good deal.

Neither code gave me anything different that what I had already paid.

Will just be glad when the next 123 days would go ahead and pass. I am so ready for the cruise.

Archived