Your opinion needed!

cruisecruiserAS

I just got my cabin assignment and i wish to change to a different location but the only cabins available in CAT BB are located right below the Lido Deck, right UNDER the buffet. This is a great location because it's right next to the adult pool but from your experience do you think these rooms are noisy due to the high traffic on the LIDO?

I read in other posts that sometimes you can her the screeching of the chairs and/or the noise from the pool. :confused: What do you think?

This is in reference to the beautiful Caribbean Princess.

I just got my cabin assignment and i wish to change to a different location but the only cabins available in CAT BB are located right below the Lido Deck, right UNDER the buffet. This is a great location because it's right next to the adult pool but from your experience do you think these rooms are noisy due to the high traffic on the LIDO?

I read in other posts that sometimes you can her the screeching of the chairs and/or the noise from the pool. :confused: What do you think?

If you are referring to Riviera deck then stay in the 600-700 section. You won't have noise issues there. :)

I can't say that this would be true for this ship, but we've been under the buffet on another ship and it was very noisy. Not as noisy as the time we were under the buffet galley (yeah, we're stupid), but still noisy. :)

We had a cabin once under the pool area, and had one brief but annoying instance of chattering chairs on our cruise. (plastic chair/table movement on metal deck). The overall noise was negligible.

The difference in the area under the restaurant is that the restaurant is carpeted, which will mute many sounds.

Did you book a guarantee? If you did, this is what can happen when you don't pay extra and choose a cabin.

If you didn't book a guarantee, call the cruise line and see if there are other cabins that are not showing on the website. Many times all available cabins are not always shown on the website.

The Caribbean Princess is a wonderful boat- however the cabins under the buffet tend to be a little loud under the buffet on port mornings. I guess it's because everyone is trying to eat and get off the boat early. If your an early morning person it's not that bad. However it's a great location for easy access to food and the pool!

I've been on the Riviera deck under the pool area and we did sometimes hear chairs scraping against the floor, but it was never in the middle of the night, and we slept great. It is a great deck with easy access to the pools and the buffet - I wouldn't be too scared of the noise factor - during the peak sleeping hours I'm sure that it is quiet.:D

Did you book a guarantee? If you did, this is what can happen when you don't pay extra and choose a cabin.

Hi, willysgrandma. I've never booked a guarantee...but, I'm curious, are guarantee cabins cheaper? I didn't realize we paid extra to choose a cabin. :confused: :)

If you didn't book a guarantee, call the cruise line and see if there are other cabins that are not showing on the website. Many times all available cabins are not always shown on the website.

We have had our cabin assignment since the day of our booking. I didn't ask for any specific room and am hoping that our room will be ok. We are on the Dawn Princess in cabin C544 for our upcoming cruise to Alaska. I didn't even know that you could request a certain room. Have lots to learn about cruising, that is why I love reading this forum! :)

Hi, willysgrandma. I've never booked a guarantee...but, I'm curious, are guarantee cabins cheaper? I didn't realize we paid extra to choose a cabin. :confused: :)
Nope, same price for specific cabin or GTY. Willysgrandma might have been thinking about booking a BG GTY and being assigned a BB vs. booking a BB to begin with--there is where you see a price difference. But you pay the same price within any category for specific or GTY.

Archived