Bad Public Relations & Stock Dropping like a rock

RCCL has gotten much bad P.R. lately and the stock has been downgraded. Good case for a perfect storm in Public Relations nightmare. I have cruised both RCCL and Carnival. Carnival has come a long ways in improving the food and crusing experence - could this be a WAKE UP call for RCCL??? Your thoughts>>>???

RCCL has gotten much bad P.R. lately and the stock has been downgraded. Good case for a perfect storm in Public Relations nightmare. I have cruised both RCCL and Carnival. Carnival has come a long ways in improving the food and crusing experence - could this be a WAKE UP call for RCCL??? Your thoughts>>>???

Carnival probably has come a long way, but it did get a bad rep as a party line for folks who couldn't really afford to take a "better' cruise. I'm not so sure they can overcome that. As for Royal Caribbean, I'm a pretty big fan, but if the customer service starts to falter, I won't sail her anymore. It's not the food or the ships that keep me coming back ... it's the service on board the ship. The staff that is always pleasant and smiling - always going out of their way for you. That is why I stay with RCCL. If that fades, i have no reason not to try another line.

You are mixing apples and oranges. Nearly all travel related stocks are plummeting. Carnival stock is down quite a lot as well. RCL stock is down because of skyrocketing fuel costs, increased food costs, people having less discretionary money, and some people not being able to fly to port cities because of increased airfare.

I don't want to start a FLAME WAR -but the recent banning report on MSNBC made me wonder - also a recent conversation with my TA has indicated that she has had calls about RCCL and people asking her if they will be REPRIMANDED by RCCL.

I don't want to start a FLAME WAR -but the recent banning report on MSNBC made me wonder - also a recent conversation with my TA has indicated that she has had calls about RCCL and people asking her if they will be REPRIMANDED by RCCL.

That was not even news in my book and we all know her and know she was an *****. I am a TA and no one in my office was even talking about it and I doubt one idiots publicity hound story is going to make the stock drop considering no type of tragedy was involved I would say it is the economy and the oil mess caused by the idiots in DC.

Why would they be reprimanded?

Utter garbage.

This is a post of corporate slander. It should be deleted just like those posts about those people from that "MSNBC" report which are the topic yet can not be mentioned here because they are off topic.

The majority of the reaction from experienced cruisers has backed RCI in the cited "banning incident" and the reasons for the price drop of all cruiseline stocks as well as stocks of other transportation companies is well documented, so unless you are intending to create a temporary further drop in RCI's stock to benefit by buying at an even lower price, I think your warning is ill-considered.:rolleyes: As long as we continue to experience the typically excellent cruise experience when we sail on RCI, we will continue to sail on her fleet, and we will continue to own its stock.:)

Get a grip! Anyone who looks threw the cracks doesn't buy half that story.
The majority of the reaction from experienced cruisers has backed RCI in the cited "banning incident" and the reasons for the price drop of all cruiseline stocks as well as stocks of other transportation companies is well documented, so unless you are intending to create a temporary further drop in RCI's stock to benefit by buying at an even lower price, I think your warning is ill-considered. As long as we continue to experience the typically excellent cruise experience when we sail on RCI, we will continue to sail on her fleet, and we will continue to own its stock.
There was a reason the person got BANNED from RC! Try to read up on it before you make accusations about the PR. of RC. The news only is one side of the Facts!

Please, do not start this topic up. We are not allowed discuss a certain topic here because that topic is off topic.

:D

But we can discuss Bund's corporate slander.

:D

Wow what a statement....IMHO there are a few things that Carnival does do well but I wouldn't say they are things they have improved I'd say they are area's they have done well as long as I have cruised the line. But I would also state there are some things that Carnival has let slide over the last few years and that is why we have jumped ship to RCCI.

Why would they be reprimanded?

Utter garbage.

This is a post of corporate slander. It should be deleted just like those posts about those people from that "MSNBC" report which are the topic yet can not be mentioned here because they are off topic.

Do you work for RCI?

The majority of the reaction from experienced cruisers has backed RCI in the cited "banning incident" and the reasons for the price drop of all cruiseline stocks as well as stocks of other transportation companies is well documented, so unless you are intending to create a temporary further drop in RCI's stock to benefit by buying at an even lower price, I think your warning is ill-considered.:rolleyes: As long as we continue to experience the typically excellent cruise experience when we sail on RCI, we will continue to sail on her fleet, and we will continue to own its stock.:)

How many of you own the stock just to get a discount?

I would not own any cruise line stock right now until we see how fuel prices shake out.

Nope. I wish.

Why?

Because I dare to stand up for a company? Oh noooooo, how could I?

Wlell then I'm pretty sure RCI does not need you to defend them.

They have people for things like that.

You can, of coures, do any thing you like.

Thanks for the reply.

I am expressing my sentiments - if you can't handle the truth -- just get over it folks.

I think that it's you that has a problem with the truth and I also believe that you started this thread not for discussion but as a flame towards RCI. Go back over to the Carnivore board.:rolleyes:

I think that it's you that has a problem with the truth and I also believe that you started this thread not for discussion but as a flame towards RCI. Go back over to the Carnivore board.:rolleyes:

Why the personal attack?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Oh, I forgot, this is Cruise Critic.

Sorry.

Why the personal attack?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Oh, I forgot, this is Cruise Critic.

Sorry.

Oh it's Chula Vista Bart back here again. You seem to have a problem defining personal attack and opinion. Seems to be a major issue with the Carnivores. Doesn't surprise me in the least.:rolleyes:

I am expressing my sentiments - if you can't handle the truth -- just get over it folks.

You seem to be confusing your "sentiments" for the "truth". Clearly there are many who do not share your sentiments and do not believe that you are the official arbiter of the truth.:rolleyes:

The price of RCI stock, when I purchased it five years ago was approximately the same as it is now and all of those quarters of regularly paid dividends have gone to purchasing additional shares. In the interim we have taken nearly 15 cruises on RCI or Celebrity and as you can see from my signature there are five more cruises on the near horizon. The OnBoard Credits (not discounts) that we have received for those cruises and the ones in the future represent a significant offset of my initial investment. However, the money I used to purchase the stock was discretionary money and even if I were to lose all of it, my lifestyle would not be noticeably reduced.

Believe what you will, but please recognize the difference between fact and opinion.:)

Archived