Interior mid ship vs Junior Suite back of ship

Hi everyone,

My parents are cruising on Grandeur next week and have an interior room booked for the 8th floor. This room is located midship, just down the hall from our room. Its a very small room in the center of the ship.

In looking on the site we booked with, RCCL is offering a junior suite for a very minimal upgrade charge but the location of the room is questionable. This room is on the right side of the ship but the very last cabin at the back. Its not one of the cabins looking off the back of the ship, its balcony is still on the side but its the very last one in the row.

I just wondered if anyone had an opinion about having a cabin on the very back and the pros and cons of that. Their interior stateroom is very small but in a very good location. I would hate to seem them upgrade only to have a room that is a bad location, just to have a junior suite.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi everyone,

My parents are cruising on Grandeur next week and have an interior room booked for the 8th floor. This room is located midship, just down the hall from our room. Its a very small room in the center of the ship.

In looking on the site we booked with, RCCL is offering a junior suite for a very minimal upgrade charge but the location of the room is questionable. This room is on the right side of the ship but the very last cabin at the back. Its not one of the cabins looking off the back of the ship, its balcony is still on the side but its the very last one in the row.

I just wondered if anyone had an opinion about having a cabin on the very back and the pros and cons of that. Their interior stateroom is very small but in a very good location. I would hate to seem them upgrade only to have a room that is a bad location, just to have a junior suite.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Room number?

I would prefer the Jr. suit if they are able to walk that far. On a ship there are no Floors, but there are "decks". also they don't have rooms, they have cabins, or staterooms, that Jr. suit isn't really in the back of the ship it's all the way AFT starboard side, doesn't that lingo put you in a sailing mood :D

I´m in big favour of mid ships location and was very uncomfortable with an aft. cabin being the onyl one available for one of my cruises. I searched almost every day to see of something more desirable came up to move further forward and it was one of those hunted for balcony cabins.

However this is just to make clear where I come fomr when responding to your question.

I would definitaly upgrade to the JS regardless of location.

I knew my "cruise lingo" was off but since I am at work and rushing through my posts, I had to type quickly. :D Thanks for the clarification!

Yes, the lingo does put me in the mood to cruise and since we are leaving soon, thats a good thing!

The cabin number is 8578 for the JS and 8015 for the interior. Its quite a difference in stateroom size but also very different in location.

Just didnt really know the difference. We are in a GS and their original room is closer to us. Walking isnt a problem for them though...

There will be a HUGE difference in size--I'd rather have a JS anywhere, than an inside room!!!! You will see each other plenty--being next door (or that close) isn't really necessary! (The ship isn't THAT big!!!)

There will be a HUGE difference in size--I'd rather have a JS anywhere, than an inside room!!!! You will see each other plenty--being next door (or that close) isn't really necessary! (The ship isn't THAT big!!!)

Thats what I would think too but I told my parents I would see what more seasoned and experienced cruisers had to say!

Thanks!:D

I knew my "cruise lingo" was off but since I am at work and rushing through my posts, I had to type quickly. :D Thanks for the clarification!

Yes, the lingo does put me in the mood to cruise and since we are leaving soon, thats a good thing!

classy response

Go with the JS, MUCH more room. I am one of those that I like to be able to move around in my room and since there isn't a large difference in price I would go with the JS. Hope you have a wonderful cruise with your folks.

Laura

Go with the JS, MUCH more room. I am one of those that I like to be able to move around in my room and since there isn't a large difference in price I would go with the JS. Hope you have a wonderful cruise with your folks.

Laura

THANKS! :D

In general I prefer midship located staterooms to those aft, but in this instance I definitely think JS trumps inside regardless of location. My only caveat would be whether or not your parents have mobility problems. In such a case, the midship location might be better suited for them.

The cabin number is 8578 for the JS and 8015 for the interior. Its quite a difference in stateroom size but also very different in location.

Just didnt really know the difference. We are in a GS and their original room is closer to us. Walking isnt a problem for them though...

Have them make the choice but if it was "my" choice I would take the Jr. Suite in a heart beat. Location

Archived