*What's Your Favorite Sailing Season*

What's your favorite sailing season?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite sailing season?

• Winter (Dec.- Feb.)
    • Spring (Mar.-May)
    • Summer (June-August)
    • Fall (Sept.- Nov.)

I've sailed 3 times, but I won't count Alaska b/c of the unique weather there. I prefer to cruise in the winter because now that I've cruise in May in the Bahamas, I've found that it is much too hot for me even in May let alone the rest of the summer!

Summer the end of August, so it is hard form me to wait because if I hurry up my cruise date I will be wishing my summer away and I hate to do that since we have such cold winter days and not much summer.

Hey Raina,

I remember you from my Carnival Liberty Date of 8/23/08 you started the board even though you had a different name of Island hopper:)

You need an anytime or all of the above, which is my vote.

Retired, living in Florida.

Same. We go when we feel the urge to go.:) I do choose itineraries and ships for the time of year, to limit the number of small kids or college kids that may be on the ship.

You need an anytime or all of the above, which is my vote.

Retired, living in Florida.

I agree. I'll go anytime no matter what. But, if I do have a choice it will be early Fall when the heat & humidity aren't so overwhelming but it's still beautiful. We've done both Alaska and the Caribbean during that time and were blessed with perfect weather each time.

Katink

It's all about the FALL! My favorite season to do just about everything, including cruising. The weather here is just starting to get cold in October and that is the perfect time to head to the caribbean. Plus, all the kids are back in school so that means less of them on the ship.

We always take our big 2 week vacation in April. Love that timeframe. Water in the Caribbean is warm already, weather is fabulous. Since we only take trips to the Caribbean, it is just the perfect time for us. We also don't have little kids, so usually this is after most of the Spring Breaks but well before school is out, so we are overrun with kids on the ship.

I chose Winter. Our last and favorite cruise so far was to Panama Canal in January. We loved it, and I really enjoyed sitting by the pool and relaxing with a good book. Our next two scheduled cruises are in September and I will probably love that as well. As many have said, I like to cruise anytime.:D

Fall - October in specific. We love to go in Sept/Oct because most kids at back in school, not to crowded with them, the weather is always great (except for 2005 Wilma), its not to cold, and not to hot, and the ports are not crowded with ships coming back from other places in the world yet.

I see we both love the steelers!! :D

We always go in the fall - because my dh is a tax accountant - and absolutely cannot take off time in December, Feb-April. And he really doesn't want to do it in Jan. either!

So we push our vacation as late as possible in the fall - to try and shorten the winter somewhat!

Luckily my parents have started going to AZ in the winter - so the kids and I can still get a winter break in - sans dh:D

We went on Liberty in Feb of this year and I loved it the weather was great, being from Ohio any thing is great. It's not that crowded everything was great.

Monarch of the Seas June 2002

Liberty of the Seas August 2007

Liberty of the seas February 2008

While on the roll call thread I've been noticing that there are a lot of threads for the beginning of the year and some for the end/middle of the year, but I wanted to see if there was a preference for when folks like to cruise and why?

Winter

Spring

Summer

Fall

I guess it could depend on where you're coming from, but I just wanted to see what was the most popular.

We always try to go when there would be less kids. It is way more enjoyable. Unless you are 20-30 do not go during Spring Break. November and May are great because the weather is good and there aren't many children.

Archived