*What's Your Favorite Sailing Season*

What's your favorite sailing season?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite sailing season?

• Winter (Dec.- Feb.)
    • Spring (Mar.-May)
    • Summer (June-August)
    • Fall (Sept.- Nov.)

While on the roll call thread I've been noticing that there are a lot of threads for the beginning of the year and some for the end/middle of the year, but I wanted to see if there was a preference for when folks like to cruise and why?

Winter

Spring

Summer

Fall

I guess it could depend on where you're coming from, but I just wanted to see what was the most popular.

January :

1. We celebrate my sister's birthday while on a cruise.
  2. Schools/colleges are in session for there is a limited amount of kids-gone-wild onboard.
  3. Living in the South I don't have to worry about flight delays, etc so I have an easy time getting to the port(s).

I prefer March. It gives us something to look forward to during the coldest part of winter. Then when we get back it is just a short time before the weather starts turning nice around here. It also seems to be a great weather in the Caribbean that time of year.

My sister and I usually cruise in spring or fall, when it is the easiest for her to find the time to go. I prefer fall because it's usually warmer and don't have to worry about running into hordes of college kids! Also less likely to run into weather problems from Pennsylvania to the departure port.

Definitely November/December. It's something to look forward to at the end of hurricane season. Plus, since the weather in S. Fla is so disgustingly hot in the summer, there's no way I'd travel somewhere even hotter!

I like to sail in the late May, early June range if we can. The waters seem to be warm enough to swim and the weather has been nice for us, as well as the seas (knock on wood), for every cruise we have taken.

DITTO!!!!!

Just got off Sovereign Monday and weather/seas were great again!!!!:D

365/366 days of the year

Summer... can stay on the ship if it is too hot:cool:

Fall.... nice prices (sometimes):p

Winter.... pretty decorations, and sometimes a "nice" ride (love the "bumps):)

Spring....get to meet some "wild" people:eek:

We like February so we don't have to worry about Hurricane Season (we live in Louisiana). It is also not so crowded everywhere and the rates are better.

We are already booked for 2/22/09 on the Voyager!

Janie

You will be on the Voyager during my birth date (February 26th) so please think of me and have a drink while doing so.

We go with the group known as the Sail-a-Way with C.J. and Debbie Ray so we really don't have a choice of when we sail. This past year worked out good because we were on the Voyager during my sister's birthday.

Fall - October in specific. We love to go in Sept/Oct because most kids at back in school, not to crowded with them, the weather is always great (except for 2005 Wilma), its not to cold, and not to hot, and the ports are not crowded with ships coming back from other places in the world yet.

Archived